It's Time for the Retrofit

Howie58

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange trade for the Sabres.

On paper looks like Flyers won this trade.

A 6-4 RW/LW drafted in 2nd round of 2013.

Dude put up some solid numbers in the AHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/116970/justin-bailey

Anyone know anymore on this kid.

Phantoms/Flyers can always use more size.

Once the roster situation gets squared away with the goalies maybe this kid is NAK's replacement on the Phantoms for NAK to be called up.

Or some other forward prospect replacement for a trade who knows...

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Lyon is under contract next year so he could be Hart's backup.

I hope they don't go into next year as Lyon as the backup to Hart I want a more seasoned vet in that role.

Lyon maybe fine in LV next with a tandem of Sandstrom and him.

Also Hextall signed Lyon to that deal which means Fletcher could decide to jettison him too either at the deadline or offseason.

With him leading the Phantoms and them shorthanded in goal right now I see him finishing the year in LV.

And who knows Homer drafted Stolie and Ron signed Lyon so who knows which way they go.

Could trade Lyon and sign Stolie to play in LV with Felix.

Then go find another guy to back Hart up.

Time to cut bait with Elliott and Neuvy.

Yon will be LV if at all of course.  

Hes shown them enough I think.

If Stolarz can play consistently without injury, he’s an ideal backup for Hart.  The team shouldn’t have to change much playing in front of either.  

If not, they’ll overspend on someone.  

Sandstrom in LV sounds good.  If he can show off a bit, he might be good trade bait, but from what I understand about his style (again I’ve read and heard not seen much) I’m not terrible interested in a Sandstrom Hart tandem anymore.  They just seem too different. If they can show him off and get him good and trade him, that'd Work. 

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

He should get the Lion's share of the minutes on the Phantoms next and who knows he plays well he could quickly be Hart's backup.

Thanks.  

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

He should get the Lion's Lyon's share of the minutes on the Phantoms next and who knows he plays well he could quickly be Hart's backup.

FYP.

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Would have loved for the Flyers to try and sign Patrik Berglund to see if he could help out on the 3rd line center spot...he is just sitting out there...

Dude basically had a nervous breakdown.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/former-blues-player-berglund-doesn-t-regret-leaving-hockey/article_77d0ed48-857d-5893-ae94-98b286809789.html

Apparently the Flyers told Weise to stay home and wait for a trade. I don’t have the link now, but it was on ASF’s Crossing Broad site. 

Of course, the question is why wouldn’t a team just have picked him up for free. He goes over that in the article. Not sure how credible it is. Didn’t ASF also set up the premature Hak firing hoopla?

Also, Ek is saying that the core is pushing hard for Fletch to resign Simmer. Fletch said he will either be traded or resigned by the trade deadline. 

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda worried. 

32 minutes ago, radoran said:

Hhhhhmmmm interesting.

Ok...yeah pass on a guy with mental issues right now.

Not what this team needs.

And the teams play would certainly compound his issues.

So hard pass then.

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

Apparently the Flyers told Weise to stay home and wait for a trade. I don’t have the link now, but it was on ASF’s Crossing Broad site. 

Of course, the question is why wouldn’t a team just have picked him up for free. He goes over that in the article. Not sure how credible it is. Didn’t ASF also set up the premature Hak firing hoopla?

Also, Ek is saying that the core is pushing hard for Fletch to resign Simmer. Fletch said he will either be traded or resigned by the trade deadline. 

I thought the same too.

My only thinking is they would want him but only if the Flyers pick up some salary which I guess I would be fine with doing.

16 hours ago, brelic said:

Even though Flyers are playing well right now, I hope Fletcher realizes that this team has been wildly inconsistent for several years. They go on big winning streaks and big losing streaks. Players sleepwalk through half a season and then go on a tear. Don’t be fooled , they will turn off the switch again.For the long term benefit of this team Simmonds should be moved at the deadline and they should look to keep building for the future. If they can get the right deal Voracek should be traded too. 

I am thinking this is so he can go down and practice with the Phantoms because due to the CBA there are no practices allowed during the bye week.

However send him down and they can work around that. Only thing i can think of why they did this.

Unless this is to free up a roster spot for someone kind of move....hhhhhmmmmm guess we'll see...

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am thinking this is so he can go down and practice with the Phantoms because due to the CBA there are no practices allowed during the bye week.

However send him down and they can work around that. Only thing i can think of why they did this.

Unless this is to free up a roster spot for someone kind of move....hhhhhmmmmm guess we'll see...

He's been traded for Bobrovsky, which Fletch will sign to a 9 year contract.

But don't worry, Fletch will buy out Bob in a few years during the next lockout and will be a non cap hit payout until 2034-2035.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

He's been traded for Bobrovsky, which Fletch will sign to a 9 year contract.

But don't worry, Fletch will buy out Bob in a few years during the next lockout and will be a non cap hit payout until 2034-2035.

😡

I could see them free up a roster spot because they are about to move someone and need to roster spot...they don't play again till the 28th....otherwise since Hart is visiting in Canada right now why else do this??

Who knows? I'm sure it's something innocuous. He's not going anywhere.

Meanwhile, the Weise situation is very strange. Meltzer has a take on it, but it doesn't actually provide that much more insight. 

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Musings---Quick-Hits-Weise-Gudas-Phantoms-Frost-Scores-5-and-More/45/97282

5 minutes ago, brelic said:

He's not going anywhere.

Oh yeah for sure if Fletcher was to trade Hart his life would be on the line.....they would burn Philly down...could they make some crazy trade for Talbot now that they have signed their other goalie??

I think Talbot would be a decent backup for Hart....not sure if they could/would move McKenna to make room or what...who knows slow day...

26 minutes ago, brelic said:

Meanwhile, the Weise situation is very strange.

Yeah Phantoms skated the other night with only 10 forwards instead of dressing him.

Never seen a goal like this before...

58 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh yeah for sure if Fletcher was to trade Hart his life would be on the line.....they would burn Philly down...could they make some crazy trade for Talbot now that they have signed their other goalie??

I think Talbot would be a decent backup for Hart....not sure if they could/would move McKenna to make room or what...who knows slow day...

Not sure... dude has been on a six year decline in his numbers on two different teams.

Sure doesn't feel circumstantial.  His numbers over the past few years aren't any better than the slop we've had this year.

I'd only do it in a trade that includes something else - say Puljujarvi or their 1st rounder.

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

Not sure... dude has been on a six year decline in his numbers on two different teams.

Sure doesn't feel circumstantial.  His numbers over the past few years aren't any better than the slop we've had this year.

I'd only do it in a trade that includes something else - say Puljujarvi or their 1st rounder.

Yeah he wouldn't be much more of an upgrade than Elliott except he has a better injury record.

Can't see the Oilers trading him and Jesse..for what in return?

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah he wouldn't be much more of an upgrade than Elliott except he has a better injury record.

Can't see the Oilers trading him and Jesse..for what in return?

Simmonds + ? Not sure what their big needs are... backup goaltending, I think, if they trade Talbot away.

25 minutes ago, brelic said:

Simmonds + ? Not sure what their big needs are... backup goaltending, I think, if they trade Talbot away.

I seen the mention of the Leafs need Simmonds discussions so what would you want as the return for him?

Hypothetically of course for now.

Archived