It's Time for the Retrofit

Howie58

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I seen the mention of the Leafs need Simmonds discussions so what would you want as the return for him?

Hypothetically of course for now.

From the Leafs? 

Well, Kapanen would be awesome but apparently he's off limits.

Nylander would be a great return, but would take Simmonds and, say, Ghost. Of course, Nylander's poor performance since returning is a mark against his value and maybe Fletch can use that. Then again, Ghost is playing just as poorly.

Other than that, not sure what I'd want. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I would love to see Friedman get a chance sometime too....could he make Hagg or Ghost expendable?

https://twitter.com/LVPhantoms/status/1086421824743837696?s=20

Just asking for a friend.

Why do a lot of you guys want to trade Haag, he’s been our best defenseman all year. He is a big defensively sound , hard hitting,   a top shot blocker, he also has shown some good flashes of offense.  He is exactly what we need . To me ,  Ghost is the most expendable especially with the improvement of Sanheim and Meyers being just about ready.  Those guys could replace Ghosts offense, who will replace Haag’s shot blocking and hitting. Haag could be the defensive stalwart this team needs, he will continue to improve. He is the most pure defensive guy we have, if Morin pans out, we could have two top defensive dmen. 

20 hours ago, brelic said:

His numbers over the past few years aren't any better than the slop we've had this year.

At this point maybe Elliott is just as good an option as anyone out there as a backup.

Take his numbers into consideration (besides his health).

Take away the home opener against the Sharks, when the Flyers were a defensive mess, and Elliott has an impressive 2.14 GAA with a .951 save percentage in his other 13 appearances.

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

At this point maybe Elliott is just as good an option as anyone out there as a backup.

Take his numbers into consideration (besides his health).

Take away the home opener against the Sharks, when the Flyers were a defensive mess, and Elliott has an impressive 2.14 GAA with a .951 save percentage in his other 13 appearances.

I'd be totally on board with an Elliott/Hart tandem if Elliott didn't have this stretch of injuries. I'm just not sure he's reliable, and we've seen what happens when you have unreliable goalies. 

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

I'd be totally on board with an Elliott/Hart tandem if Elliott didn't have this stretch of injuries. I'm just not sure he's reliable, and we've seen what happens when you have unreliable goalies. 

I am hoping Elliott can put his core muscle injuries behind him and maybe with the chance to be a backup and play 30-35 games a year would keep him fresher and injury free.

You'd have to think after having a new born child he wouldn't want to move again. I would be cool with this.

Then the Flyers need to decide on what to do with Stolie since Lyon is signed for next year and i would venture to guess would back Sandstrom up in LV next year.

Stolie i think could be move somewhere at the deadline. He doesn't have much value but he does have some.

22 hours ago, brelic said:

Not sure... dude has been on a six year decline in his numbers on two different teams.

Looks like we don't have to worry...

So i wonder who they would take back?? Darling is buried.

So do a swap Talbot for Mrazek or McElhinney?? And what? 

Regardless he ain't coming to Philly.

I think Hart's play has saved the Flyers from making some crazy desperate move for a goalie.

I know everyone has been busting Fletcher's balls and yet i see no one applaud this move to call Hart.

So i will bravo Chuck.

With a friendly Ghost at his side, Samuel Morin eyes Flyers return

8ZOpeO_t?format=jpg&name=600x314

http://www.philly.com/flyers/samuel-morin-flyers-injury-recovery-comeback-shayne-gostisbehere-phantoms-20190122.html

I am rooting for the kid and hope he gets a chance to get back in the lineup before the year is over.

5 hours ago, brelic said:

I hope you mean Hart/Elliott tandem. 😃

I'm fine with Elliott as a back up, but he has no business being a starter. He had no business being a starter when he showed up here, and he has no business being one now. In fact, he shouldn't have been one in Calgary either, and he wasn't one in STL really, at least not a full time one.

I think he's as good a back up as anything else we're likely to get, so I'd be fine with keeping him for that, but that cage should be Hart's in 2019-20 imo.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:45 AM, brelic said:

Well, Kapanen would be awesome but apparently he's off limits.

I can't see how he is off limits.

They have to sign Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson, Gardiner, Hainsey, Ozhiganov, Marincin and Sparks with only 22 million in cap space to me they are rip for the picking.

Now is the time to strike if you want to take advantage of them.

Hell i would trade Simmer for Andreas Johnsson and a 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't see how he is off limits.

They have to sign Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson, Gardiner, Hainsey, Ozhiganov, Marincin and Sparks with only 22 million in cap space to me they are rip for the picking.

Now is the time to strike if you want to take advantage of them.

Hell i would trade Simmer for Andreas Johnsson and a 2nd. 

Yeah, I know,. I saw it on Sportsnet I think. Could just be GM speak. 

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Yeah, I know,. I saw it on Sportsnet I think. Could just be GM speak. 

Andreas Johnsson has been a steal for the Leafs.

He single handedly almost beat the Phantoms in the finals last year.

I would love to take him and plug him into one of the LW spots.

I have seen many mention Kapanen but i like this kid. He just turned 24. 

In a good way the main culprit in keeping the Flyers i think from drafting in the top 5 will be Carter Hart kid has been impressive.

Just the way the kid has been playing has really gave this team a lot of confidence and a main reason they are winning.

They are still making a lot mistakes they were making the difference is he is doing his job and is erasing a lot of them.

It is what you want in your starting goalie regardless of his pedigree or gae or how he got there. He will be a game changer going forward and into the next year. I tell you it really feels good to finally seem like they have found a franchise goalie.

Now just keep him away from any fast cars... @Podein25

I know know we have seen several folks mention about Patrick and maybe missing out on Pettersson and him yet having lived up the the 2nd overall billing.

But man after watching this kid fly last night i hope the Flyers don't regret passing on this kid too...

Impressive. He is still just 19 and has had a good year to boot. 9 goals 11 assist for 20 points in 49 games.

Stars have them a good young one to pair with Klingberg for years to come.

@OccamsRazor

His skating looked effortless too...what I think might need to happen is for the organization to allocate a few more scouting resources to Scandinavia.  

That seemed to be Fletcher's MO to a point in MN any way. Finland has won a few too many world jr tournaments now to think it may be just a fluke.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

His skating looked effortless too...what I think might need to happen is for the organization to allocate a few more scouting resources to Scandinavia.  

That seemed to be Fletcher's MO to a point in MN any way. Finland has won a few too many world jr tournaments now to think it may be just a fluke.

I agree. Unfortunately, if we're seeing it, I expect a bunch of pro scouts are waking up to it as well. Hopefully the Flyers can be part of the band wagon if nothing else.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:22 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I am thinking this is so he can go down and practice with the Phantoms because due to the CBA there are no practices allowed during the bye week.

However send him down and they can work around that. Only thing i can think of why they did this.

Unless this is to free up a roster spot for someone kind of move....hhhhhmmmmm guess we'll see...

The only reason is to get him work.  There's nothing here.

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The only reason is to get him work.  There's nothing here.

Yeah he is going to play tonight.

Big game against Bridgeport with the Phantoms two points ahead of them and Lyon hurt.

Gives him a chance to stay fresh before facing the Jets Monday night. Smart move.

I must say I can't say Fletcher I have any issue with what he has done so far which hasn't been a lot but sometimes the best move you can make is the one you don't make.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

which has[n't] been a lot but sometimes the best move you can make is the one you don't make.

Yeah, agreed.

It must be driving Davaul Holmgrott nuts that he hasn't traded Lehtera for Draisaitl yet.

But I like shedding Weal and Weise.   And I like the fact we haven't blown up the farm or the pick shed yet.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, agreed.

It must be driving Davaul Holmgrott nuts that he hasn't traded Lehtera for Draisaitl yet.

But I like shedding Weal and Weise.   And I like the fact we haven't blown up the farm or the pick shed yet.

And let's not forget he gave Hart a Cup of coffee which I know is still early but at this point looks like a stroke of genius.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And let's not forget he gave Hart a Cup of coffee which I know is still early but at this point looks like a stroke of genius.

Although the "genius' part of it may have just been a result of running out of available goalies. But Hart has certainly been the best of the lot.

24 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Although the "genius' part of it may have just been a result of running out of available goalies. But Hart has certainly been the best of the lot.

No rumor has it he was part of those injuries and it was all started to get Ron fired and then Hak fired....and low and behold it worked.

Homer put him up to it Tonya Harding style almost...you didn't hear it from me...

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No rumor has it he was part of those injuries and it was all started to get Ron fired and then Hak fired....and low and behold it worked.

Homer put him up to it Tonya Harding style almost...you didn't hear it from me...

A few years ago, Homer tried to sign Harding to a two year deal with a NTC, according to Eklund.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

A few years ago, Homer tried to sign Harding to a two year deal with a NTC, according to Eklund.

Well, she skates better and hits harder than McDud, so make it happen.

Archived