It's Time for the Retrofit

Howie58

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

A few years ago, Homer tried to sign Harding to a two year deal with a NTC, according to Eklund.

Apparently Jeff Gillooley had asked for a 4th round pick...but Homer insisted on sending a 2nd his way.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phantoms lost last night 4-1 but not much Hart could do Phantoms are so beat up and injured.

He stopped 32 of 35 shots....some 10 bells to boot...wasn't enough...

And new guy Bailey scores again now in back to back games....

Hart should be prepared for the Jets now.

Not a shocker to me or maybe anyone...

Sources: Carter Hart will stick with Flyers for rest of season

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/sources-carter-hart-will-stick-flyers-rest-season

I think his play will keep this out of the bottom 5 in the draft. It is what it is.

Stolie has a chance to i think to earn the backup spot i think for next year. If he fails they go find a vet for next year to backup Hart.

I do however expect them to take the steps to send him down so he will be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

I think that is just a paper transaction.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not a shocker to me or maybe anyone...

Makes sense.  Assume he will play in the AHL playoffs as well.

Nice to see Stolie get a look at the backup spot.

Sort of feel bad for Lyon.

Wonder if Elliott will garner any interest at the deadline.  Doubtful re: Neuvirth, but you never know.  Neither would net a meaningful return.

13 minutes ago, vis said:

Makes sense.  Assume he will play in the AHL playoffs as well.

Nice to see Stolie get a look at the backup spot.

Sort of feel bad for Lyon.

Wonder if Elliott will garner any interest at the deadline.  Doubtful re: Neuvirth, but you never know.  Neither would net a meaningful return.

I don't feel that bad for Lyon he is signed for next year already and will be a nice mentor for Sandstrom next year.

I hope that Fletcher can get something for Elliott and Neuvy at the deadline someone would have to desperate for that help.

I guess no harm in wishing on a star.

I would imagine someone could possibly have interest in Elliott at the deadline to solidify a backup position.  Mike Smith should be on schedule for an injury about then, for example.  I can't think of another good one, though. 

You never know. A starter somewhere could go down at the deadline and move the incumbent backup to starter. That team might need a backup. 

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone sane would even attempt Neuvirth.  He cannot stay healthy for 20 minutes and that is not miraculously going to change. 

Any GM who trades anything more than a 7th rounder for him should immediately be fired. 

Great presser by Fletch.

Way more candid and transparent than Hexy ever was, and I really like what he had to say.

Best quote of the presser: "We have Alex, Carter, and Felix under contract in goal for next year, so we need at least 4 more goalies."

Also, Giroux is the only untouchable, "he's our captain one of the best players ever to play for the franchise."

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't feel that bad for Lyon he is signed for next year already and will be a nice mentor for Sandstrom next year.

I feel bad for him in the sense that he will likely be the goaltender they ride to the POs, only to have Hart take over once they get there.

45 minutes ago, vis said:

I feel bad for him in the sense that he will likely be the goaltender they ride to the POs, only to have Hart take over once they get there.

Oh yeah.

Well he had his chances. He knew he was on his way.

It's why you have to seize the moment you never know if it's your last.

It would be nice to get a return for Simmer like the Kings did however it more than likely will only be a 1st rounder and just one prospect since Simmer isn't under contract for next year like Muzzin is.

However Gudas i think could be a return i think like Muzzin.

But would you move him??? I am leaning to yes i would for a return like the Kings got.

Anyone else thoughts on moving these two??

22 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Mike Smith should be on schedule for an injury about then, for example. 

Yeah, I can just see the faces of Calgary fans when they announce that they've acquired back up goalie help - Brian Elliott.

image.png

The Muzzin trade certainly sets a nice market floor. I don't know if the UFA aspect matters that much. You gotsta pay the rent this time of year. 

Did the Jets see enough guys stuff from Simmer last night?

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It would be nice to get a return for Simmer like the Kings did however it more than likely will only be a 1st rounder and just one prospect since Simmer isn't under contract for next year like Muzzin is.

Yeah, I think Simmer can fetch a 1st and B-level prospect.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

However Gudas i think could be a return i think like Muzzin.

But would you move him??? I am leaning to yes i would for a return like the Kings got.

Anyone else thoughts on moving these two??

So, here's the thing - the return LA got is the equivalent of a 1st round pick somewhere around 20-31, a guy like NAK, and a 20-year old overager in his 5th OHL season.

In the end, the Leafs clearly got the best player in the deal (unless the 1st turns out to be great 5-6 years from now). The other two guys are likely marginal NHLers.

In that light, I would say Gudas is more valuable to the Flyers in the short/medium term than another NAK, late 1st, and overager OHL defenseman.

That said, I would totally use Gudas as a means of upgrading defense... say in getting Pietrangelo. I'm not sure what STL would want... but does Gudas and Voracek get it done?

17 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I don't know if the UFA aspect matters that much. You gotsta pay the rent this time of year. 

You could be right.

The Leafs have fired the first volley.

So you know the Sabres, Canes, Bolts, Isles, Blue Jackets, Pens, Bruins, Caps and Canadiens have taken note and will soon respond.

The gears yesterday i feel have set things in motion the time is soon upon us...

DuYetbPW0AAt-Ht.jpg:large

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

So, here's the thing - the return LA got is the equivalent of a 1st round pick somewhere around 20-31, a guy like NAK, and a 20-year old overager in his 5th OHL season.

Hard to compared guys but right basically a late first and those two prospects were 2nd round picks.

So basically a 1st and two 2nds for Muzzin. A decent return....without know how good either can be or project too since i am not familiar with either really.

And yes you don't have to take all that back say just trade Gudas for one better play who is close it would prefer that.

One guys who is better than all the prospects they got collectively. I would be down with that.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hard to compared guys but right basically a late first and those two prospects were 2nd round picks.

So basically a 1st and two 2nds for Muzzin. A decent return....without know how good either can be or project too since i am not familiar with either really.

And yes you don't have to take all that back say just trade Gudas for one better play who is close it would prefer that.

One guys who is better than all the prospects they got collectively. I would be down with that.

Yeah, I feel like the Flyers should be getting *older*, not *younger*. I mean, sure, keep drafting well and take a draft pick in a trade if it makes sense. But we barely have room for all the guys coming up, let alone taking on some more.

Provorov - and the whole team - could use a true #1 vet like Pietrangelo to stabilize the guys and be a mentor. He's apparently on the trading block, so it's a realistic scenario. Would probably cost a lot. 

I'd rather first upgrade on defense before forwards. I think the forward situation sorts itself out just fine next year. If you can add a guy like Stone or Panarin after upgrading defense, it's a no brainer. Do it!

Provorov - and the whole team - could use a true #1 vet like Pietrangelo to stabilize the guys and be a mentor. He's apparently on the trading block, so it's a realistic scenario. Would probably cost a lot. 

Yeah and Fletcher has stated he wants to be a buyer too and not just a seller but he did say they will not be adding any "rental players"

which means he wants guys who will be here a year or longer.

And AP could fit that bill.

And with Sanheim and Myers skillset i think Ghost whom i like but is more of just an offensive guy could be a nice piece to add to to get one of those types.

So Ghost as a package can get that done depending on the other pieces and picks you add to it.

So with Frost, Allison, Laczynski, Strome, Ratcliffe and Sushko coming in next year as well as getting Rubtsov and Laberge back you could move a guy like NAK who is the last year of his deal.

CAUTION THIS TRADE EXAMPLE IS JUST THAT...AN EXAMPLE!!!

Ghost, NAK, Friedman and a 3rd (since they have two 3rds) for Pietrangelo would be doable.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah and Fletcher has stated he wants to be a buyer too and not just a seller but he did say they will not be adding any "rental players"

which means he wants guys who will be here a year or longer.

And AP could fit that bill.

And with Sanheim and Myers skillset i think Ghost whom i like but is more of just an offensive guy could be a nice piece to add to to get one of those types.

So Ghost as a package can get that done depending on the other pieces and picks you add to it.

So with Frost, Allison, Laczynski, Strome, Ratcliffe and Sushko coming in next year as well as getting Rubtsov and Laberge back you could move a guy like NAK who is the last year of his deal.

CAUTION THIS TRADE EXAMPLE IS JUST THAT...AN EXAMPLE!!!

Ghost, NAK, Friedman and a 3rd (since they have two 3rds) for Pietrangelo would be doable.

I'd move Ghost in that scenario for sure. I wonder, though, if St Louis would go for Ghost since he is very similar to Parayko. My gut says they'd prefer a guy like Sanheim or Myers. Would you still do it if it were one of those two?

Also the Buffalo proposal I saw today was pretty gross. 

Couturier and Sanheim for a 1st rounder (that Buffalo got from SJ, so it will be late), Nathan Beaulieu, and Girgensons.

I'd pitchfork Fletch myself.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Would you still do it if it were one of those two?

Damn why you have to go and ask me that. Now you just made it hard. Damn you. I have to think about that a minute.

It will certainly reduce what goes back to St. Louis now...

Couturier and Sanheim for a 1st rounder (that Buffalo got from SJ, so it will be late), Nathan Beaulieu, and Girgensons.

I'd pitchfork Fletch myself.

HELLLLLLLLNO!!!!!!!!!

I would be sticking him too with you!!!!!!!

Just now, mojo1917 said:

What about Ghost, Voracek a 2nd...(that's for you Paul). I think that's pretty fair.

For Pietrangelo? I wonder how that works salary-wise... we'd be sending them $13M and taking on $6.5. And STL has like $1.5M in cap space.

I'd love to snag Tarasenko.

Ghost, Voracek, next year's 1st, this year's 2nd for Pietrangelo and Tarasenko.

@brelic

oh yeah, money...um maybe not such a great idea even though I'm thinking it's two very good NHL players at least to bring AP back in a trade....I didn't think about having to make the salaries work.

I think maybe your trade works if the Flyers add a prospect ?  Peitrangelo is the best player in the deal, but Ghost is damn good and so is Voracek, from a change things up perspective it is intriguing, what would compel St Louis to make that deal though ?

Archived