Zadina at World Juniors--Objective Achieved

SpikeDDS

Filip Zadina was sent to play for the Czech Republic in the World Juniors. The idea was to let him gain confidence, hopefully scoring a bunch of goals.

And the good news is that he was successful in that department. 7 goals in 7 games, 4 on the PP.

I just hope he can bring that confidence back home to GR and start really tearing it up.

35 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

Filip Zadina was sent to play for the Czech Republic in the World Juniors. The idea was to let him gain confidence, hopefully scoring a bunch of goals.

And the good news is that he was successful in that department. 7 goals in 7 games, 4 on the PP.

I just hope he can bring that confidence back home to GR and start really tearing it up.

Well,  let's just hope that scoring confidence is contained for tonight. 

Go  :us: !

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Well,  let's just hope that scoring confidence is contained for tonight. 

Go  :us: !

I'll do you one better:

I hope he scores 4...and the USA scores 6 to win 6-4. 😀

7 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

Mantha and Helm are due back, Megan is due to be shipped out, probably Ehn as well. My hope is that the next injury brings Zadina to the NHL. After a very bad start at GR he has fixed his defensive lapses for over a month now and he just needs to get a bit of puck luck as he has been a bit snakebit in the games that I have watched (about half). 

My biggest concern isn't Zadina so much as it is our coach, I know it sounds like a broken record but he plays Rasmussen about 10 minutes a night, if he does that with zadina I would rather he stay in GR until Blash finally gets canned.

@yave1964

Did you see Helmer's goal last night?

I don't really see Helm as a finisher. IMHO the lack of knowing how to finish is Helm's greatest disappointment. But that goal last night was pretty. I hope it boosts his confidence and that more will follow.

He and AA, together, make a complete, fast player. Both are fast skaters. One knows how to finish but is more of a defensive liability. The other is more defensively responsible but doesn't know how to finish as well. I wish we could put both of these players together in one body...or even three! The two together almost sound like Larkin! ;-D

Aaaaand I feel like to total idiot. I was looking at LAST year's numbers.

This year: 5 games. Total of 1 assist.

Juniors did NOT meet the objective! I was wondering, as when I watched what I could, they weren't highlighting him. I was asking, "Why aren't you highlighting a guy who has scored 7 goals in 7 games?!"

Because he didn't even score ONE!

Bad news, not good.

<sigh>

Archived