Minnesota Wild @ Toronto Maple Leafs 1PM CST at Scotiabank Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Maple Leafs Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (18-17-3)  39pts  5th in the Central

2.89 Goals For Per Game (18th in the NHL)

2.82 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

23.2% Power Play (10th in the NHL)

83.9% Penalty Kill (3rd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 11G 26A = 37pts

2. #11 Zach Parise ~ 17G 16A = 33pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 4G 23A = 27pts

4. #12 Eric Staal ~ 13G 12A = 25pts

5. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 5G 18A = 23pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 25 PIM’s

2. #29 Greg Pateryn ~ 23 PIM’s

3. #21 Eric Fehr ~ 22 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (13-14-3)  2.62GAA  .912%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (5-3-0)  2.60GAA  .903%SP

Vs.

Toronto Maple Leafs (26-11-2)  54pts  2nd in the Atlantic

3.69 Goals For Per Game (2nd in the NHL)

2.79 Goals Against Per Game (7th in the NHL)

23.8% Power Play (8th in the NHL)

79.6% Penalty Kill (16th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #16 Mitchell Marner ~ 13G 40A = 53pts

2. #91 John Tavares ~ 26G 18A = 44pts

3. #44 Morgan Reilly ~ 13G 31A = 44pts

4. #34 Auston Matthews ~ 19G 16A = 35pts

5. #24 Kasperi Kapanen ~ 14G 11A = 25pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #43 Nazem Kadri ~ 31 PIM’s

2. #16 Mitchell Marner ~ 16 PIM’s

3. #18 Andreas Johnsson ~ 14 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Garrett Sparks (6-2-1)  3.00GAA  .905%SP

2. #1 Kasimir Kaskisuo N/A

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post-gamer but I won't get that done until I get home and watch my DVR of the game like most of us in Minnesota will.  I have to admit, it seems bizarre to me for a team like Toronto to have a Kids day.  I could see Carolina doing this or Florida, where they have struggles getting fans in the seats but Toronto really?!?!  Anyways, this is another game against an elite offensive team.  Wild will have to play a near perfect game to win...enjoy and discuss.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Sparks is out due to getting hit in the mask yesterday at practice.  So they called up Michael Hutchinson from the Marlies.  My guess is he gets the start ahead of Kaskisuo simply because of his NHL experience and time spent facing the Wild.  But who knows...but this should be a promising sign for the Wild.  One would think...

Which group of guys show up for the Wild? The guys wanting to win and willing to play at least 99% or the guys who are just going to skate throw the emotions giving 50% effort?

But like C&A said, they will have to play a near perfect game. Our defense is very suspect as is and going against a top 5 offense doesn't make this a game where players can take a shift or two off. Factor in our leaky goaltending as of late and I do worry. It really does suck to see a healthy Parise for once and he is being wasted as the rest of the team has completely disappeared. Do Nino and Zucker even play with us anymore? 😆

Hopefully the Wild surprise us and put on one hell of a game and beat the Leafs by a few goals.

5 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I have to admit, it seems bizarre to me for a team like Toronto to have a Kids day.  I could see Carolina doing this or Florida, where they have struggles getting fans in the seats but Toronto really?!?! 

I think it's about us. The Wild is not an exciting team to watch compared to many in this league.

4 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Althought we have an ALL-STAR goalie in net... go figure...

I wish the NHL didn't do pity vote ins! Lol Dubnyk and All-Star going together with this season. So NHL, how was that stop for ya?

13 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

So Marner has at least 55 points in 40 games and Nylander has 2 assists in 11 games. Nylander signs for $6.9 mil. a year. Marner is due next year for what...? Dubas painted himself in the corner.

Crazy. It will be interesting to see what happens there.

Archived