Minnesota Wild @ Toronto Maple Leafs 1PM CST at Scotiabank Arena

CreaseAndAssist

14 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree, What a crazy win on a road! Like it a lot! Commentators said that Toronto was 20 -1-1 after they score 1st during the game. I was extremely upset when they put the 1st goal on a 1st shot into our All-Star goalie net within the first 7 seconds of the game which is Wild's the most negative record in their history. Against us they even scored first 2 goals. Agree also about the Wild ability to dig it deep for the win, especially if it comes from the range of players. It is a very good sign, which I was recently really losing regarding our team's play and standings. Wish to see that winning character every game, but not occasional. Otherwise the team will be established as a teeth-less NHL team which , probably, capable to initiate the first year for Boudreau as a NHL coach without a playoffs season.

What a crazy stat for the Leafs. I wonder what there record was when they scored the first two goals. This game had to stun them. Especially since that first goal was so soft. Dubnyk still scares me. He can make a crazy fantastic save followed by such a weak soft goal that goalies in Mites league would get yelled at by their coach. Dubnyk is for sure the wild card. You just never know what you are going to get which in his position is not good.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EJ0226 said:

What a crazy stat for the Leafs. I wonder what there record was when they scored the first two goals. This game had to stun them. Especially since that first goal was so soft. Dubnyk still scares me. He can make a crazy fantastic save followed by such a weak soft goal that goalies in Mites league would get yelled at by their coach. Dubnyk is for sure the wild card. You just never know what you are going to get which in his position is not good.

That’s probably why all the other teams gave up on him. 

15 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Interesting...according to Russo the team is only two points behind where they were last season after 39 games...43 vs 41...

I'm not that much. Same basic group, Good start followed by a bleak month and a key offensive injury.

I just laughed at the start (2 goals) and couldn't really blame Dubnyk since our D just stood around and watched the pretty passing plays.

I only thought the 3rd goal was a classic oops softy. 

Good to see Suter get a feisty for once. I'd guess having his gloves closer together kept him from getting a cross check penalty?

Either way I want to see more. 

As much as I liked the Staal-Zuck-Granny line and said to keep them together, They need to move Granny to a better spot.

Staal is slower than ever and has nothing going for him just like Zucker. Nothing is clicking for either of them.

5 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

What a crazy stat for the Leafs. I wonder what in record was when they scored the first two goals. This game had to stun them. Last Dubnyk still scares me. He can make a crazy fantastic save followed by such a weak soft goal that goalies in Mites league would get yelled at by their coach. Dubnyk is for sure the wild card. You just never know what you are going to get which in his position is not good.

Unfortunately, that card is unpredictably WILD for the fans to watch within the last month and a half. We never know how it will rotate for us- to the right or to the left side, what kind of outcome will carry to us -to the win or to the loss? Last two years we had a pretty productive at least one factor (the line  Zucker-Koivu-Granlund in 2016-17 and the line Zucker - Staal - Granlund in 2017-18 seasons) which helped us to direct the Wild card most of the time to the right direction.  Now that factor dramatically diminished its power and we became more dependable on the actual Wild card performance ( which means the consistent and strong performance of our goalies, but mainly on Dubnyk's). What the team should do at the current frustrating moment to help redirect the Wild card in the right direction? To shoot more often, smart and accurate from all lines, to crush more the opposite net, to look more for the ugly goals, all of the above or something else more effective?

Good thing rest of the team was awake. Toronto is offensively a very exciting team to watch and very fast compared to us, yet our freight trains stuck to their guns and didn't let them get outplayed. Luckily they scored 4 goals, otherwise we would be saying at this point our goalie didn't provide us a chance to win.

A win is nice but nothing much happening with Staal and Zucker.  And Nino... I'd trade him as soon as anyone offers anything within the realms of possibility.

17 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Good thing rest of the team was awake. Toronto is offensively a very exciting team to watch and very fast compared to us, yet our freight trains stuck to their guns and didn't let them get outplayed. Luckily they scored 4 goals, otherwise we would be saying at this point our goalie didn't provide us a chance to win.

A win is nice but nothing much happening with Staal and Zucker.  And Nino... I'd trade him as soon as anyone offers anything within the realms of possibility.

Your golden words and a crucial number  4 GOALS per game will provide our team a real chance for a consistent success not only during the regular season but especially during the playoffs season. 

Archived