Game 42: Blues at Flyers; 1/7/19 @ 7

Howie58

Since we are lifeless and losing most games, why doesnt Gordon show some balls and do something to shake things up.  Bench , Ghost, Voracek and JVR and call up Meyers, NAK and someone else for a game just to shake it up. I dont see any trade happening until the deadline. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have anybody who can snipe like Tarasenko?  That was a blast. Keith Jones is right: On a night we should be getting off shots like a drunken sailor, we have 20 through the first 53 minutes.  And our shots are easy. 

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Do we have anybody who can snipe like Tarasenko?  That was a blast. Keith Jones is right: On a night we should be getting off shots like a drunken sailor, we have 20 through the first 53 minutes.  And our shots are easy. 

Giroux, but he is trying to do too many other things.

13 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Welp, Tarasenko finally scored against us. We now face the dreaded, insurmountable Two Goal Deficit. No team has ever overcome such a challenge. Many have tried, but all have failed. 

WTF was Gudas doing on that 2nd goal?

He just abandon his side of the ice to cover no one what in the hell was he intending to do just let Tarasenko come down uncontested and fire one on net.

And now they give up the empty net goal.

They can't ever score and then they can't ever prevent one what a ****** team Hart has in front of him.

Lose for Hughes 

7 straight losses.

Hey be consistent with something.

Please send Hart back so he can experience some winning and have a team who wants to win in front of him. 

No since of having him in the NHL I know he can play in the NHL now might as well let him learn to win in the pros AHL still counts.

5 hours ago, Samifan said:

Blues rolling out a rookie goalie tonight. You know what’s about to happen right.......42 save Shutout!

I was way too optimistic with the SOG..

Jones just said the players should be "on high alert."  Therien and Morganti are talking about lack of chemistry.  And it has turned into being a seller as the trade deadline approaches.  

He did whiff two times in the slot on the same play. That’s gotta count for something right. All are right on the no chemistry. You can look at our lineups and see there’s not much there. Our offense is so stagnant—someone else mentioned it’s all North-South and they’re 100% right. All the effort is to get the puck to the blueline and blast away on a prayer. 

42 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

This is a new low in my level of support for this squad; I have been a fan for over four decades.  

i feel the same way, Howie. this team is turning a bunch of ordinarily good-spirited fans into something else entirely. full grade apathy hasn't set in yet because i'm still not finished being let down by this team, the product of still giving a ****, but it's right there around the corner every game night. 

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

can't hear it well; is there a transcript?

did i hear him mention Coburn? haha that would be a classic Flyers move.

found this, but cannot verify its accuracy. from reddit/flyers

25 points·17 minutes ago·edited 6 minutes ago

I transcribed what I could hear. Some of it's drowned out/hard to hear over the music.

Jones: I would not play Hart tomorrow night.

A lot of unintelligible stuff after this.

JJ: [unintelligible] calling up Aubel Kubel or some guys [unintelligible]

Jones: Gouldbourne give him a try again see if [unintelligible]

Jones: Dale Weise has got to go.

JJ: Weise, Voracek, some guys just [unintelligible]

Jones: He quits if he's not playing. He's not getting ice time, he shuts down.

They talk about someone's brother I think. Can't tell who over the music.

Jones: It's about as bad as it ****** gets.

JJ: It's probably not as bad performance wise as the Toronto game, but your home!

Jones: Yeah I know.

JJ: It's worse.

Jones: And you got a rookie in net and you didn't do anything to test him. That long stretch where you had about 4 shots in a 14 minute span.

JJ: Yeah! And the forwards had 4 shots for...

Jones: The guys weren't even working.

JJ: ...30 minutes of play.

Jones: And they're playing with two less forwards.

Blues had dressed 7 defensemen, plus Steen was injured in game.

Jones: They had more energy then us? That's just brutal.

Can we just fast forward to the trade deadline and get rid of whatever we can?  And then to the draft and free agency?

This team is dead as can be. 

Archived