Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Howie58

Game 42: Blues at Flyers; 1/7/19 @ 7

Greetings:  There is no current betting line.  This is a match-up between two sub-.500 clubs with similar statistics:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

In the for what it's worth category, I went to Seat Geek and note lower bowl seats are going for $58 to $70 dollars, and there are lots available.  Maybe that explains the frequent pushing of tickets and seat packages during the broadcast.  The "product" may not be selling the way it did.  

Brayden Schenn with a hat trick. 🤮

Blues 5 

Flyers 3---which will all be scored in the 3rd period.

Fly Eagles Fly :PopcornSmiley2:

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!!:joe:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can see the slide continuing tonight...why not...

Flyers have lost 6 straight.

Blues are coming off a loss.

Something has to give.

Team GP Record Pts Home Away GF GA PP% PK% FO% Save%
Blues 39 16-19-4 36 10-11-2 6-7-2 110 128 19.7 79.5 52.2 .893
Flyers 41 15-20-6 36 7-9-3 8-11-3 114 148 13.9 74.8 56.3 .879

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!!!

Hidden Content

Fly Eagles Fly

Hidden Content

Edited by OccamsRazor

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 3 Radko Gudas
8 Robert Hägg - 26 Christian Folin

79 Carter Hart
[56 Mike McKenna]

Scratches: 15 Jori Lehterä (healthy), 44 Phil Varone (upper body), 47 Andrew MacDonald (lower body), 41 Anthony Stolarz (IR, lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

BLUES

20 Alex Steen - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 57 David Perron
17 Jaden Schwartz - 10 Brayden Schenn - 18 Robert Thomas
12 Zach Sanford - 21 Tyler Bozak - 91 Vladimir Tarasenko
15 Robby Fabbri - 49 Ivan Barbashev - 70 Oskar Sundqvist

4 Carl Gunnarsson - 27 Alex Pietrangelo
19 Jay Bouwmeester - 55 Colton Parayko
29 Vince Dunn - 41 Robert Bortuzzo

34 Jake Allen
[50 Jordan Binnington]

Scratches: 6 Joel Edmundson (healthy), 7 Patrick Maroon (healthy), 43 Jordan Schmaltz (healthy).

Blues rolling out a rookie goalie tonight. You know what’s about to happen right.......42 save Shutout!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

13 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Blues rolling out a rookie goalie tonight. You know what’s about to happen right.......42 save Shutout!

Hey Sami, 

I beginning to think they do this to us on purpose.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Wow he is 25 making his 1st start which tells me he is not really because he didn't play college those guys sometimes are a little older but he played in the OHL.........in 2012.

YIKES!!!!!!

So it could be a 55 save shutout. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!! :hyper:

Edited by OccamsRazor

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.  Both teams might be "protective" of their young goalies.

Maybe we should call this "Schlock Fest" or "Battle of the Under-Titans."  We are mild favorites and St. Louis doesn't do well of late at the WFC:

Hidden Content

Looks like this lose for Hughes thing is taking off...

Hidden Content

#LoseForHughes.

Image result for jack hughes gif

Maybe the players take note...

Image result for kaapo kakko goal gif

...sure could use a big RW to replace Jake and/or Simmonds...

Are the Flyers the most boring hockey team or what? I never thought watching golf or baseball would be more exciting than Flyers hockey.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fan4ever said:

Hey Sami, 

I beginning to think they do this to us on purpose.......

EVERY opposing coach, “playing the Flyers tonight boys. They are soft, have no offensive creativity, ****** special teams and garbage on D. Great time to put XXXX in net. Let’s play hard for him.”

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

Got to get back to fundamentals

This team can't pass...

No so fu**ing bright..

no brains out there ..

Looks like a game of hot potato

Our offense is static.  There's nothing exciting. Meanwhile, Schenn  scores on a tap-in with nobody to mind the store.  

and of course Schenn scores....because all ex-flyers have to haunt them.

• Like 1

This is so painful to watch......

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Samifan said:

So far you are right on target...... sadly 

Edited by pilldoc

29 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Our offense is static.  There's nothing exciting. Meanwhile, Schenn  scores on a tap-in with nobody to mind the store.  

Sanheim lost his gap control and should have pivoted...oh well...only 2 more goals need for Brayden hat trick...can't figure out how this team just flat lines when it comes to any offense...lobotomized...

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Mai far you are right on target...... sadly 

Looks like I may have been too optimistic with the Flyers SOG. They won’t get near 42 LOL. 

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Looks like I may have been too optimistic with the Flyers SOG. They won’t get near 42 LOL. 

Only 17 SOG..... that’s it????   It’s like they are skating in slow motion.....

When you snooze, you lose.  This is how I assess our game.  I have a tough time watching.  Hart is fine. His teammates suck. The broadcast team is right. We concede  our zone and make chances too easy. Meanwhile, our idea of shooting....something from 50 feet out that isn't anywhere close to the net.  

These folks need an enema or other....

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Only 17 SOG..... that’s it????   It’s like they are skating in slow motion.....

Yes...look at what I just said...it is like we are sleepwalking.  Fletcher needs to act quickly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

When you snooze, you lose.  This is how I assess our game.  I have a tough time watching.  Hart is fine. His teammates suck. The broadcast team is right. We concede  our zone and make chances too easy. Meanwhile, our idea of shooting....something from 50 feet out that isn't anywhere close to the net.  

These folks need an enema or other....

This has been our strategy all season. Pass to the point, shoot from as far from the goal as possible, skate back to the neutral zone because the shot either missed or got blocked. 

• Like 1