Game 42: Blues at Flyers; 1/7/19 @ 7

Howie58

1 hour ago, mkscrewy said:

found this, but cannot verify its accuracy. from reddit/flyers

25 points·17 minutes ago·edited 6 minutes ago

I transcribed what I could hear. Some of it's drowned out/hard to hear over the music.

Jones: I would not play Hart tomorrow night.

A lot of unintelligible stuff after this.

JJ: [unintelligible] calling up Aubel Kubel or some guys [unintelligible]

Jones: Gouldbourne give him a try again see if [unintelligible]

Jones: Dale Weise has got to go.

JJ: Weise, Voracek, some guys just [unintelligible]

Jones: He quits if he's not playing. He's not getting ice time, he shuts down.

They talk about someone's brother I think. Can't tell who over the music.

Jones: It's about as bad as it ****** gets.

JJ: It's probably not as bad performance wise as the Toronto game, but your home!

Jones: Yeah I know.

JJ: It's worse.

Jones: And you got a rookie in net and you didn't do anything to test him. That long stretch where you had about 4 shots in a 14 minute span.

JJ: Yeah! And the forwards had 4 shots for...

Jones: The guys weren't even working.

JJ: ...30 minutes of play.

Jones: And they're playing with two less forwards.

Blues had dressed 7 defensemen, plus Steen was injured in game.

Jones: They had more energy then us? That's just brutal.

Nothing they said was wrong.

Will be interesting if anything is said about this discussion.  I hope they don’t end up apologizing.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This JJ and Jonesy thing is awesome.  JJ is annoyingly upbeat sometimes and you wonder if that's him or if he's just being a "company man".  It's good to hear some honesty from him.

I agree with sending Hart back to LHV.  I'm the first guy to want the young kids up to play for the flyers.  I feel like they should be able to play for the big team if they are as good as we think they are.  This is different though.  I think Hart has played pretty well but the team has given up in front of him.

I wouldn't mind riding Macenna for the rest of the games....all 40 of them.  I'm done watching...with the exception of the "sit down at 1pm on a Saturday and relax with a beer" game.  It's been time to blow it up, and it's more obvious now than ever. 

Giroux might be my favorite player ever, but he cant make this team better now.  If they could get something for him, I wouldn't be upset if he's gone.  That's only if they send the trash out with him though.  93 would be my first choice.

Want to see how ugly it was ....here are the shot charts for each individual period.  This team takes such low risk shots it is pathetic ......

Period 1

Shot.thumb.JPG.ddfa816c76c7bb4e37376d554a287d1f.JPG

Period 2

1522255540_shot2.thumb.JPG.d49318381524b1a4c7c8d9b228894109.JPG

Period 3

415270467_Shot3.thumb.JPG.c8d6b7eea90d75da09196d7b4f1967cb.JPG

They took a total of 6 shots which I deem are high % shots in an around the goalie.....folks that does not cut it.... they should have been firing away in close all night and yet they let another rookie turn out to be the 2nd coming of Brodeur ......

Its disgusting ........

7 hours ago, vis said:

Can we just fast forward to the trade deadline and get rid of whatever we can?  And then to the draft and free agency?

This team is dead as can be. 

This is where I'm at now. The playoffs are not happening, and the team just isn't interesting to watch. None of the young guys outside of Hart and Sanheim are playing with any kind of jam.

That's a lot of hockey to suffer through just to watch two players. The game was on in the background, and even Giroux looks like he's just like "aww, f**k it." 

7 goals scored over the last 6 games. 

AND THERE ARE STILL 40 MORE GAMES!!!

3 hours ago, icehole said:

I agree with sending Hart back to LHV.

Disagree. So far, Hart has shown that he's a competent NHL goalie right now. It's no fun that the team in front of him can't get it done, but that's how it works sometimes. 

I would agree on sending him back if he looked like he wasn't ready for the NHL game yet. But sending him back when he, individually, looks fine, and no one else is better, is the wrong message. 

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

So far, Hart has shown that he's a competent NHL goalie right now. It's no fun that the team in front of him can't get it done, but that's how it works sometimes.

you know what ...Hart does NOT look out of place.  I watched that game intently, especially with Hart making saves.  Believe it or not, the least of my concerns right now is Hart.   Totally agree...leave him up.

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Want to see how ugly it was ....here are the shot charts for each individual period.  This team takes such low risk shots it is pathetic ......

Period 1

Shot.thumb.JPG.ddfa816c76c7bb4e37376d554a287d1f.JPG

Period 2

1522255540_shot2.thumb.JPG.d49318381524b1a4c7c8d9b228894109.JPG

Period 3

415270467_Shot3.thumb.JPG.c8d6b7eea90d75da09196d7b4f1967cb.JPG

They took a total of 6 shots which I deem are high % shots in an around the goalie.....folks that does not cut it.... they should have been firing away in close all night and yet they let another rookie turn out to be the 2nd coming of Brodeur ......

Its disgusting ........

Any chance you could translate those into heat maps?.....

But honestly....Flyers fan for a solid 20 years now....center ice every year. watch almost every game even if on DVR.

1st time I can ever remember not caring if the flyers were on.....I literally turned the game off last night.

And I'm baffled. G, Vorachek, Konecy, Patrick, Ghost, Coots, JVR, Prov.....AND YOU CANT SCORE!? I know our D needs serious overhaul and this is the Flyers so of course our crease is the freakin Bermuda triangle!!.....I'm just speechless.

Imagine what Hax and Hex are thinking right now.....

Had  actual hopes for this squad....even behind Elliott.

Only bright spot is Carter Hart....kid is playing solid goal despite the dumpster fire all around him!

Is it Sept yet?....

19 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Any chance you could translate those into heat maps?.....

I got my data from Icydata.com.  I did not see any heat maps available. Sometime Broadstreethockey has them.  did not see any yet.....

20 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

But honestly....Flyers fan for a solid 20 years now....center ice every year. watch almost every game even if on DVR.

1st time I can ever remember not caring if the flyers were on.....I literally turned the game off last night.

I have Center Ice and I care more about my Fantasy Hockey Team then the Flyers ...it never used to be like that.  i am so apathetic about this team it is scary.......  I get it ....I really do .......

8 minutes ago, brelic said:

Flyers are 5-10-4 (.368) since firing Hextall.

They are 2-6-2 (.300) since firing Hakstol.

I honestly wonder what Holmgren and Scott think about the team since they made the moves.

Well, three thoughts come to my mind:

1) The team isn't as talented as we think, and changing the coach isn't going to fix lacking talent.

2) Gordon is another Hakstol who can be reasonably good to great as a coach in lesser leagues, but who lacks a certain something required to coach at this level.

3) There hasn't been enough time to really change some of the core system mechanics instilled by Hakstol over his tenure, and the team is naturally reverting to the types of plays and plans Hak preached for so many years to no real effect. If this is the case, the off season could be seen as a potential turning point.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

you know what ...Hart does NOT look out of place.  I watched that game intently, especially with Hart making saves.  Believe it or not, the least of my concerns right now is Hart.   Totally agree...leave him up.

I'm not saying he's out of place either.  I wanted to send him back to get some winning under his belt and also get a team in front of him that can play for him.  I dont know if constant losing and lifeless play are the best thing for a 20 year old to be backing.

12 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

can't hear it well; is there a transcript?

did i hear him mention Coburn? haha that would be a classic Flyers move.

clarification: Jones says "Goulbourne," not "Coburn" haha. 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

I honestly wonder what Holmgren and Scott think about the team since they made the moves.

I don't understand why Holmgren still has a job.

But, hey, the caterers don't have to get menus approved so they can eat pizza and wings, the media can talk to assistant coaches, and the organization as a whole is just a happier place to work now.

So that's #winning instead of actually, you know, winning.

11 minutes ago, icehole said:

I'm not saying he's out of place either.  I wanted to send him back to get some winning under his belt and also get a team in front of him that can play for him.  I dont know if constant losing and lifeless play are the best thing for a 20 year old to be backing.

All he's done in his life is win. He's never had a losing season. 

Until now.

He said himself he'd love to play every game. He's ready, he's dialed in, and he's showing on the ice that he belongs. 

I actually think this is good for him. Adversity builds character.

(But like I said, if he looked like he was in over his head, then by all means send him back. Could still happen).

18 minutes ago, icehole said:

i don't think placing him in spots where he'll only win is good either. Hart looks fine out there. He appears to have the right attitude and he hasn't given up, unlike some of his teammates who don't even look like they're playing for jobs (rather playing like they're already fired). He can and should face adversity and tough situations. 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Scott is too busy counting money to care, and Holmgren is having a scotch and soda laying on a canopy in his office since he knows no one in the organization has the sack to question him.

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Scott is too busy counting money to care, and Holmgren is having a scotch and soda laying on a canopy in his office since he knows no one in the organization has the sack to question him.

scott is too busy in marketing meetings for Gritty merchandise, which I admit is just about the only good thing about the Flyers this season. 

Happy New Year all...

Decided to take a sabbatical over the Holidays from wasting my time with this team.   

At this point I just need something positive to hang my hopes on as I look to the future.  Tired of hearing about our great prospects and really need to see Fletch get cracking on this current group of heartless chumps.   Trade Jake and Simmer - neither player is playing with any jam but the same can be said for the entire lineup.   

This has the makings of being the worse than the season that shall not be named.   

#FTHEFLYERS!

3 hours ago, brelic said:

That's a lot of hockey to suffer through just to watch two players.

Yep.  Just don't care anymore this year.  I'll still watch from time to time, but I'm not making it a priority at all.  Probably won't bother watching replays of games I miss unless something interesting happens.

40 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Scott is too busy counting money to care

I think Scott counting money - and not finding enough of it - is why he pulled the trigger on Hex and Hak.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't gone how he anticipated it would go...

HUNDREDS of tickets are available on StubHub for the Stars game. Many more on Ticketbastard. And "medium" availability in all but two sections of the first-sale site.

This is not what Comcast had in mind when they put the money into refurbing the Big Bank Building.

Archived