2019 Trade Deadline Transactions and Rumors

hf101

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

you'd still rather have him over Korpisalo or Kinkaid if you are serious about any kind of run

Oh yeah without doubt but you need a 3rd goalie because Korpisalo has zero playoff games. Kinkaid has played in the playoffs before.

They were in relief and yeah he didn't fare well but hey that is beside the point i guess. Some experience is better than none.

Talk is that now Dallas has to go BACK into the trade market to replace Zuccarello.

I feel horrible for Zucc (not for Dallas...screw them... lmao)...but for Zuccs.

Having a good season with the NYR, then gets rewarded with a chance to play with a playoff team with the Stars...and by all accounts very well liked by his former teammates (King Henrik couldn't stop crying....cmon, be a man! lol)...and then he gets zapped with a puck.

Ouch, ouch, and ouch for Zuccs and his family. That just sucks. Hope he recovers soon and resumes his career how it left off...on the up!

Chatter about Wayne Simmonds to Tampa Bay seems to have died down.
Perhaps the Flyers were asking too much? Perhaps TB really wanted a guy who they are pretty sure will be with them after this season?
Who knows.

Or maybe the Lightning and Flyers will surprise everyone and make a deal after all.

Simmonds name is now more closely associated with the Predators, Jets, and Bruins, although the B's seem to be wanting yet another center, as they have been linked to Minnesota's Eric Staal as well.

I did read in a couple places that the Lightning may not do ANYTHING (nothing of great consequence anyways) and STILL be ok to make a Cup run.
Having tremendous depth does have its perks, eh?

I have also read in some articles (though not for a little while now), that the Bolts may try and pick up the Rangers' Adam McQuaid as a rental, although I think the Lightning should be set at defense for now, as they have 7 healthy D-men now.

Oh...and then there is this Risto to TB rumor.... LOL.

I don't put much stock into that one, as I see no reason why Buffalo would
A) Move Risto to begin with (even though they picked up Montour)
B) Trade him to a divisional opponent.

Crazy things HAVE happened on deadline days before, but even if true, this type of big deal seems to be something better suited for the off season.

NY Rangers are sending C-Kevin Hayes to Winnipeg for winger Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st round pick, and a conditional pick...though I can't find what the 'condition' or pick is yet.

From CBC sports:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-hayes-trade-jets-nhl-1.5032363

Hayes should help the Jets down the middle for their Cup push, but he is a UFA, and unless the Jets can convince him to stay, this is a pure rental.

The Rangers did REAL well here, IMO.

I think Lemieux has the potential to be a Milan Lucic in-his-prime type power forward (scoring power forward with aggressive tendencies), plus the Rangers collect MORE draft picks to aid their rebuild.

And in a much smaller deal, the Anaheim Ducks sent F-Brian Gibbons to the Senators for D-Patrick Sieloff.

Good deal for Anaheim, turning a 30-yr old standard 4th liner into a 24 yr old defenseman. Sieloff may or may not pan out, but Gibbons wasn't going to do anything for the Ducks (he probably doesn't do anything for the Sens either), and you still get a good sized defenseman whom you could call up in a pinch next season...maybe more.

Gibbons likely walks and signs on with a team that needs steady, but unspectacular 4th liners on a budget.

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

From Eklund (yes I know)....

Simmer is NOT at the Flyers practice today...trade coming soon???

Question is...to where?
And will he be someone's rental, or will he be happy enough where he goes to re-sign.

And will Monica finally marry Zachary?

These and other questions will be answered on the upcoming episode of...…….. As the Wayne Turns....

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny that Don Cherry called the Carolina Hurricanes "a bunch of jerks", THEN, not only do the Carolina marketing departments go and have t-shirts with that slogan made, but they go and acquire a guy named Tomas JURCO?

No?

Ok..maybe it's just me then... Tomas Jurco to the Canes to join that "bunch of jerks".
I will laugh amongst myself. :bigteeth:

Blue Jackets just picked up D-Adam McQuaid from the Rangers for two picks... 4th and 7th rounders.

Low price of admission for Columbus to pick up a tough, no nonsense playoff tested defender like McQuaid...and a Stanley Cup champion too with the Bruins.

Pure rental here, more than likely, but it really does look like the Jackets are going Cup or Bust this season!

I said this in the chatbox, @yave1964 , but you know what?
Provided Columbus doesn't butt heads with the Lightning (potential 1st round match up though!), I will root for Torts and his and your Jackets!
They are showing some moxy and grapefruits going for it all this year like they are! Gotta admire that.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Blue Jackets just picked up D-Adam McQuaid from the Rangers for two picks... 4th and 7th rounders.

Low price of admission for Columbus to pick up a tough, no nonsense playoff tested defender like McQuaid...and a Stanley Cup champion too with the Bruins.

Pure rental here, more than likely, but it really does look like the Jackets are going Cup or Bust this season!

I said this in the chatbox, @yave1964 , but you know what?
Provided Columbus doesn't butt heads with the Lightning (potential 1st round match up though!), I will root for Torts and his and your Jackets!
They are showing some moxy and grapefruits going for it all this year like they are! Gotta admire that.

Love it, so many GM's are afraid to make moves that might cost them their job, loading up on every UFA out there is a big boy move by a team not known for big boy moves. Of course, all the other big boy moves they have ever made, Adam foote, Federov, Trading Vorcacek, Nash, Brassard, nothing has ever worked for them. Wow it takes guts to do what they have done. yeah, I am hoping they avoid the dreaded 'first round bye' slot that whoever draws the eight seed in the East gets against the Bolts. Good on the Jackets.

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Huge deal:

Wild trade Granlund for Fiala. Sure there is more than that.

I am sad. 😐

Granlund is statistically better than Fiala across the board...HOWEVER, Fiala is 4 years younger and will probably be given a bigger role on the Wild to develop than he was getting on the deeper Nashville team.

I hope he pans out.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I am sad. 😐

Granlund is statistically better than Fiala across the board...HOWEVER, Fiala is 4 years younger and will probably be given a bigger role on the Wild to develop than he was getting on the deeper Nashville team.

I hope he pans out.

I simply do not understand this deal. Granlund was a slow developer but has turned into a solid top line winger, Fiala IMHO is a quality player but will never step out of a middle six role. A complete headscratcher. I cannot believe they didn't get futures in the deal. Granlund is a perfect fit with Nashville cut from the same cloth as Arvidsson and Forsberg on the wing.

56 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I simply do not understand this deal. Granlund was a slow developer but has turned into a solid top line winger, Fiala IMHO is a quality player but will never step out of a middle six role. A complete headscratcher. I cannot believe they didn't get futures in the deal. Granlund is a perfect fit with Nashville cut from the same cloth as Arvidsson and Forsberg on the wing.

Free up cap space (5M for Granny, sub 1M for Fiala) and a younger player is the only thing the Wild get here.

Maybe Fiala turns into something more, but still, the Wild are wasting away player after player with underwhelming returns.
If they get lucky, people will say Fenton is brilliant....but I think he will be roasted in the near future if the Wild fall into a 5 or 6 year tailspin AND screw up their high draft picks in the process..... Wild GM living on a precarious ledge...

Wild need Ron Hextall in the front office......

1 hour ago, Lonkkis said:

Well from the looks of it, Nashville has the highest chance of reaching the SC finals this year from the Western Conference, adding both Granlund and Simmonds.

Agree Nashville did well (and don't forget Brian Boyle picked up a couple weeks ago), but I think both Vegas with the Stone deal, and the Jets with the shoring up of defense as well as adding a big versatile Center in Kevin Hayes did just as well.

I always did like Nashville as being the most 'complete' team in the West...certainly in the Central...even before all this, but they definitely are still gonna have their work cut out for them in the playoffs with the Jets, maybe Vegas....and oh yea, Calgary is looking good too (albeit they would have more 'inexperienced players' to the playoff dance and could be exposed), and San Jose who made a nice acquisition in Gustav Nyqvist to add on to their already aweseome lineup...………..IF they can get their goalie Martin Jones to get his head out of his tail fin and play like an elite goalie....

Archived