Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
hf101

2019 Trade Deadline Transactions and Rumors

Here's a new discussion topic for Rumors and Transactions in 2019 prior to the Trade Deadline.

Since the Holiday break there have been a few Trades I thought I'd post these up.   Feel free to continue the conversation and add trades and trade rumors prior to the 2019 trade deadline here.

Anaheim Ducks Arizona Coyotes  
Acquire: Acquire:  
Trevor Murphy Giovanni Fiore  

Toronto Maple Leafs Florida Panthers  
Michael Hutchinson 2020 fifth-round draft pick  

Edmonton Oilers Florida Panthers  
Alex Petrovic Chris Wideman  
  2019 third-round draft pick  

Edmonton Oilers Chicago Blackhawks  
Brandon Manning Drake Caggiula  
Robin Norell Jason Garrison  

Vancouver Canucks Ottawa Senators  
Mike McKenna Anders Nilsson  
Tom Pyatt Darren Archibald  
Sixth-round pick (2019)    

St. Louis Blues Anaheim Ducks Winnipeg Jets
Acquire: Acquire: Acquire:
Jared Coreau Future considerations

Jimmy Oligny

December 28, 2018

Since the trade Hutchinson has recorded a shutout for the Leafs,  Nilsson has a loss for the Senators and McKenna was picked up by the Flyers via waivers.   

Brandon Mannings first start was also less than ideal as a -2.

Some players out there in the rumor mill.  as per   

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Jeff Carter (34)  has some interest from the Predators who are looking to add a top 6 forward.  Some are saying he will retire if not given a say in where he is traded.  The Predators might not be a bad fit imo.

Michael Del Zotto  (28)  is set to become a UFA in July - recently Del Zotto has fallen out of favor with the Canucks and has been sitting in the press box as of late.  

Nicklas Kronwall  (37)   The Maple Leafs are rumored to have interest.  Kronwall owns a 10-team trade-list as part of his no-movement clause, and was coached by current Leafs bench boss Mike Bobcock during his 10-year run in Detroit.

Hidden Content

The Blues and Bruins are rumored to be in talks with moving Braydon Schenn  (27), who has 1 more year on his $5.1M contract, to help relieve the 2nd line scoring issues.    Players rumored in return suggested are Danton Heinen, Matt Grzelcyk Peter Cehlarik in Providence.  I would have to think some salary would need to be involved also in return to St Louis.  The Bruins can also be looking to trade Ryan Donato.

Hidden Content

The Panthers are rumored to have interest in acquiring Sergei Bobrovsky who looks to earn $10M with a new contract as they are looking to improving their goaltending.   Luongo has 3 years remaining on his contract and could easily become the back-up.   A trade then would need to be made for  Reimer and his $3.4 million cap hit.

19 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Hidden Content

The Blues and Bruins are rumored to be in talks with moving Braydon Schenn  (27), who has 1 more year on his $5.1M contract, to help relieve the 2nd line scoring issues.    Players rumored in return suggested are Danton Heinen, Matt Grzelcyk Peter Cehlarik in Providence.  I would have to think some salary would need to be involved also in return to St Louis.  The Bruins can also be looking to trade Ryan Donato.

I have wondered before whether the Lightning and Blues could make a deal...a one for one swap... JT Miller to St. Louis, Brayden Schenn to Tampa Bay.

They are similar players making similar money, but St. Louis would be getting the younger JT who is under contract for 4 more seasons after this one... $5.25M cap hit, while the Bolts get a very slight short term cap relief with Schenn's $5.1M cap hit, but more importantly for TB, Schenn is under contract for just the one year after this one, and they will need to free up space to pay some upcoming contracts they have now.

Schenn, I believe, would help the Bolts a bit better to win NOW, as he is a bit more experienced and would likely be playing for a big contract even if it isn't with the Lightning in 2020-21.

While St. Louis would be getting a solid play-anywhere type player in JT, the only issue I could see there is, if the Blues really are going to blow things up, then they likely would want younger players than even the 25 yr old JT Miller....and would then want players the Bolts have either in their system or young up n comers on the current roster (Anthoney Cirelli, Mathieu Joseph, Adam Erne, Mikhail Sergachev, Alexander Volkov, or Taylor Raddysh right off the top of my head)… and those are players the Bolts are looking towards to keep their team competitive in the coming years.

Regarding Michael Del Zotto...

I can see how he might be tempting for some teams, however, I also have to wonder...…. WHY is he always a healthy scratch or "fallen out of favor" with whatever coach he plays for?

NY Rangers, Nashville Predators, Philadelphia Flyers, and now Vancouver.

If it happens once or twice, one could say, "Ok, maybe not a good fit"
But that seems to follow him wherever he goes..... at this point, one HAS to think the problem is Del Zotto himself.

Any team looking to perhaps give him a go has to be wary of that.....

I think Nicholas Kronwall would make a nice add for a contender looking to add a rugged bottom pair defenseman.

Nashville, maybe Winnipeg...… Pittsburgh, San Jose, or perhaps even Calgary.

Any of those teams could perhaps provide him with a final shot at winning a Cup...and as long as he stays healthy, he could be tailor made for a long playoff run with someone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Regarding Michael Del Zotto...

I can see how he might be tempting for some teams, however, I also have to wonder...…. WHY is he always a healthy scratch or "fallen out of favor" with whatever coach he plays for?

NY Rangers, Nashville Predators, Philadelphia Flyers, and now Vancouver.

If it happens once or twice, one could say, "Ok, maybe not a good fit"
But that seems to follow him wherever he goes..... at this point, one HAS to think the problem is Del Zotto himself.

Any team looking to perhaps give him a go has to be wary of that.....

As per Del Zotto, I think yeah he isn't all that.   I think for the most part he was overvalued on the Flyers mainly for lack of a quality defensive core.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I have wondered before whether the Lightning and Blues could make a deal...a one for one swap... JT Miller to St. Louis, Brayden Schenn to Tampa Bay.

They are similar players making similar money, but St. Louis would be getting the younger JT who is under contract for 4 more seasons after this one... $5.25M cap hit, while the Bolts get a very slight short term cap relief with Schenn's $5.1M cap hit, but more importantly for TB, Schenn is under contract for just the one year after this one, and they will need to free up space to pay some upcoming contracts they have now.

Schenn, I believe, would help the Bolts a bit better to win NOW, as he is a bit more experienced and would likely be playing for a big contract even if it isn't with the Lightning in 2020-21.

While St. Louis would be getting a solid play-anywhere type player in JT, the only issue I could see there is, if the Blues really are going to blow things up, then they likely would want younger players than even the 25 yr old JT Miller....and would then want players the Bolts have either in their system or young up n comers on the current roster (Anthoney Cirelli, Mathieu Joseph, Adam Erne, Mikhail Sergachev, Alexander Volkov, or Taylor Raddysh right off the top of my head)… and those are players the Bolts are looking towards to keep their team competitive in the coming years.

Honestly, Tampa  should stay far far away from Schenn. He's really not who you want. You're better off with JT. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I do not see the Blues blowing things up to the extent of trading Teresenko or Swartz or Pietrangelo?  Or Steen.  Those would be my 4 untouchables.  Why have they not made a move for a real head coach? They are using Berube, interim

Edited by Hockey Junkie