Mid Season Review

Puck_Pun

A bit long, but a very good summary of the year so far

🔥

EDIT: Here's a very apt point, in his section about Dorion:

So fast forward to now and we have not one Karlsson situation, but 3… That’s right, Matt Duchene, Mark Stone and Ryan Dzingel all need new contracts and here we are in January at the midway point of the season and NO ONE HAS BEEN RE-SIGNED. Let me get this straight, we have three core pieces in our team who all happen to be in the top 4 in points for the team, we have these core pieces that Dorion can rebuild this team around, and you are trying to tell me that not one of them has been re-signed yet! Literally a little over a year ago we traded Kyle Turris, a fan favourite a great 2nd line player and a huge hero in the Capital City Condor’s organization to Colorado along side a decent prospect in Shane Bowers and a 2019 FIRST ROUND PICK away for Matt Duchene. Don’t get me wrong, I still stand by what we said when this trade happened, this was a great trade and Matt Duchene is the better player for Ottawa. That’s not my issue. My issue is that we gave up all of this for Matt Duchene to walk away after 1 year. Excuse me? What kind of incompetency is this?

Archived