News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Come on... Giroux has 46 points in 42 games, and has a plus/minus of 0 on a team which is a collective -101.
      In case you haven't noticed...Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid...those guys all went 1st overall. Giroux didn't. Not even close. He's actually closer to a 2nd rounder. So instead of your constant Giroux is suk diatribe, how about giving the guy credit for being in the same conversation as those guys even though he was picked NOWHERE NEAR WHERE THEY WERE!
      It's not the only reason we make fun of you.    I'd move Voracek and Simmonds long before Giroux. 
      Ya, cause it's been a whole...7 or 8 months since he finished SECOND OVERALL in scoring. This team needs scoring, in case you haven't watched the 7 games they've been shutout this year, or the 14 they scored ONE goal. If someone offered Philly a no brainer package sure I'd take it. But Giroux is far from the guy that HAS to go.
      Not just "at" you, Howie, but I think the open question isn't whether he's one of the "problems."   From where I sit, it's "is he one of the solutions?"   And the corollary: is that "solution" a question of building around him (again) or using a potential haul from a trade to set a new foundation?   I think Giroux is a fantastic self-motivator. That's where "the Shift" came from. I don't know that he's a great motivator for others - and don't think he's shown much o
      Honestly, I would be willing to do that deal.      Your entire post is pretty spot on in my opinion.   I have read elsewhere that G should have his letter removed.  I think you (1) either keep him on the roster or (2) look to see if there is a contender willing to pay up for his services.  As you said, G is a fantastic hockey player and someone that will always be one of my favorites but not sure his "let the play do the talking" approach is something this team needs right now.   There