Trade Giroux F away

phlfly

Many years in row I was saying Giroux is soft and send him out. I was only one who has this opinion. All you guys are making fun of me . I have even replaced my avatar Giroux sucks . The guy is worst captain in flyers history. F him . I hope it's last year as Flyer !!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really whole team is bad and worst ever I have seen my life in defense. Vorcek, Simm should go too. Couts should be evaluated. JVR is useless guy as he was before in flyers. 

yes defense is terrible . all team is just looked like not team just players from beer league . 

But Giroux is biggest factor in that situation . All hated Mike Richards was good captain he would take game as captain should it. 

1 hour ago, phlfly said:

Many years in row I was saying Giroux is soft and send him out. I was only one who has this opinion. All you guys are making fun of me . I have even replaced my avatar Giroux sucks . The guy is worst captain in flyers history. F him . I hope it's last year as Flyer !!!

It's not the only reason we make fun of you. 

I'd move Voracek and Simmonds long before Giroux. 

7 hours ago, phlfly said:

Ya, cause it's been a whole...7 or 8 months since he finished SECOND OVERALL in scoring. This team needs scoring, in case you haven't watched the 7 games they've been shutout this year, or the 14 they scored ONE goal.

If someone offered Philly a no brainer package sure I'd take it. But Giroux is far from the guy that HAS to go.

The only reason I'd consider trading Giroux is to give him a shot at a cup while he's in his prime. He's the only player of note on our entire roster and deserves far better than the garbage heap he's currently being asked to shoulder. 

Now, Voracek and JVR should be gone at the deadline. Simmonds too, though he really won't net us much as a UFA. In fact, none of those guys will net us much considering how awful they're playing, but I think it's foolish to assume they're somehow going to magically become better players by next season, so I say move em.

Of course, I've been shouting at Hexy to trade Voracek for two seasons now. Hopefully Fletch is more willing to pull the trigger.

I'd also consider trading Ghost. Unlike all those other names, Ghost would stand to fetch a pretty great return imo. I like him, but we need a rebuild more than we need him. Give Sanheim his minutes. Give Myers or Morin a shot next season to pick up the slack.

None of that is enough unfortunately. In this day and age, contending teams are those who somehow manage to bottom out and get high caliber 1-2 picks. I guess we're going to need luck to turn this ship around.

I suspect a team that wanted a Cup this year might give us quite a lot for G.  But I attach a low probability to that kind of trade.  I agree he is the least of our problems.  Sadly, I wonder what some of our other players will net.

3 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Flyers broadcasters caught off air ripping the team apart and calling for specific players to be traded

but it was all true ..

weise and voracheck..

wow no g... 

Saw that. Ouch.

In Edmonton, Sportsnet talking head and columnist Mark Spector wrote an article about the Oilers being "held captive by voices from the past" (Old Boys Club members who have been fired up within the organization) and the Oilers owner demanded he be removed from the broadcast in between periods. He later returned, but Daryl Katz and others were furious that Spector would speak negatively about the Oilers ability to turn things around.

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Saw that. Ouch.

In Edmonton, Sportsnet talking head and columnist Mark Spector wrote an article about the Oilers being "held captive by voices from the past" (Old Boys Club members who have been fired up within the organization) and the Oilers owner demanded he be removed from the broadcast in between periods. He later returned, but Daryl Katz and others were furious that Spector would speak negatively about the Oilers ability to turn things around.

I absolutely have no issue with what they said last night.   It is 100% correct.

Fletch and Scott have been hiding behind the Eagles run and have been nowhere to be found.  This team needs a face-lift and right now but at this point it might just be smart to wait till the deadline.   This group of players is in shambles right now.    

10 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I absolutely have no issue with what they said last night.   It is 100% correct.

Fletch and Scott have been hiding behind the Eagles run and have been nowhere to be found.  This team needs a face-lift and right now but at this point it might just be smart to wait till the deadline.   This group of players is in shambles right now.    

Oh, I definitely thought they were bang-on. As for a rebuild/re-tooling, I would wait for the deadline, unless a desperate GM is throwing great picks your way.

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Oh, I definitely thought they were bang-on. As for a rebuild/re-tooling, I would wait for the deadline, unless a desperate GM is throwing great picks your way.

I think that is what it is coming as well...   wait for the deadline and hope there is an over-payment.  I would bet Simmer is gone at the deadline but I am really unsure about his value these days.  I would love Jake to get traded but I am not sure that contract will be all that enticing to other GMs.  Overpaid and that term is just ugly - another Hextall gem of a signing.

31 minutes ago, intheslot said:

only player off the hook is hart... 

take the g  is god glasses off  he is part of the problem.....

.....PERIOD..

Certainly not going to argue against it. In fact, I agree. But if we're moving some bloated guys out, he's not the first. I'm starting with Stupid. 

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I agree he is the least of our problems. 

Not just "at" you, Howie, but I think the open question isn't whether he's one of the "problems."

From where I sit, it's "is he one of the solutions?"

And the corollary: is that "solution" a question of building around him (again) or using a potential haul from a trade to set a new foundation?

I think Giroux is a fantastic self-motivator. That's where "the Shift" came from. I don't know that he's a great motivator for others - and don't think he's shown much of it beyond "by example." Not sure you can "learn" that at the NHL level, either.

I missed* the Blues game last night, but when you have Jackson and Jonesey calling out players (albeit "off camera") and the team playing a listless style that doesn't even put pressure on a rookie goalie making his first NHL start, that's got to reflect somewhat on the leadership of the squad, does it not?

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

I would love Jake to get traded but I am not sure that contract will be all that enticing to other GMs.

Retain $2M and call it a day. At $6.25M he's probably about right.

* OK, I"m lying, I didn't miss it at all

Archived