Game 43: Flyers at Caps; 1/8/19 @ 7:30

Howie58

11 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

After last night's sleepwalk, I hope they come out with some fire. Sadly, that may be too much to ask, but if there's one ounce of professionalism left in the Flyers' tank, it should show the first 5-10 minutes.  If not then, when?

I know this is the wrong thing to say but it's too late to make the playoffs.

So they are working on a draft pick and anything to speed up the purge process...so losing i hate to say it is the right thing for all of that.

I won't be watching any way i will be at work and yeah i could still watch....but no i will not.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible play by Sanheim on that first goal you either have to take the puck or the man on that play and he did neither.

Then his partner Ivan gets owned by Wilson.

These two do not make a good pair.

Like Scott Steven's said this morning on the NHLnetwork they need a vet D man bad to show them how to play defense in their end.

He didn't even acknowledge Mcdud or Gudas as that type.

So Fletcher needs to find one it seems.

Wonder who they could go get?

3 pps in the third so far, not a single quality look on goal let alone a quality shot. Teams must be laughing when we go on the PP because they know it’s a free 2 minutes off the clock and 2 minutes closer to being done wasting their time playing a bunch of scrubs. 

If we all keep watching for the rest of the season we’re all gonna look like Todd Riordan. No disrepect to a bald guy, but this is just stress, anxiety, frustration, and depression inducing stuff. 

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Peeked in on this game just a bit ago....
For a second, I thought Mike McKenna was wearing a damned ski mask in net!  LMAO...

Guess he is just going with the plain black till he finds out what team he goes to next, eh?  :)

He borrowed OJ's mask for the game.

Well, we are getting consistent reads.  We outshoot but underscore our opponent.  We win most faceoffs. But.....we go 0-4 on the PP, then we lose.  Where have we seen this before?  It's sad but we just don't have offensive talent.  And we can't control the neutral zone.  

McKenna had some good stops.  I might fault him on one of the four, but that's it.  

No fun to watch. 

10 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

I think its safe to say that I will probably be watching re-runs of The Jeffersons at that time!  Just listening to the theme song would add more value to my life than watching this game tonight. 

I kept my word and didn’t watch a second of the game as I have the privilege of watching this crap live and in person on many nights.  I see I didn’t miss much.

At this point George and Weezie are much more entertaining than G and Weisie.

22 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

True...but we are moving on up....(or maybe down) to get the first pick. 

They are working on a good pick as hard as they can losing comes naturally to them it seems.

They would be tied with the Sens now of they hadn't picked up that loser point the other night.

I wish they would call some kids up to make some use of these games and let them get some experience...not losing of course get us to the speed and lack of time and space that can be taken away at this level.

Kind of like Patrick is learning those junior moves don't work here find something else...

32 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

As is the case with most (if not all) of the fan base......

So sad!

I mean, yes and no. It's no fun that our team is already eliminated for all practical purposes, but that's the way it goes.

I was actually thinking about that a few days ago, and wondering if there's a better way to structure the season so that cellar dwellers have something interesting to play for / offer fans. The Flyers are dead in the water with HALF a season remaining. Surely that isn't fun for anyone.

The lottery is already set up to encourage staying in the basement, so that doesn't help. 

I had mentioned in another thread something about having the #1 overall pick going to the best team not qualifying for the playoffs... and the thinking was to encourage teams to play their arses off until the very end. That's probably too uneven though.

Instead, you could have a run-off for the 15 non-playoff teams. Best non-playoff team gets a bye, and other 14 teams play a single (or best of 3) series. 

Remaining 7 teams + 1 bye team play best of 3 series until one team remains. 

That team gets the #1 overall pick, loser gets #2, previous round losers get #3, #4, etc. 

I mean, it's not perfect, but I see it as a win win. Teams have something to play for, fans have something to cheer for, owners have mini-playoff money coming in the coffers.

There's no reason to have 15 professional franchises sit at home when they could still be generating fan interest and money for the owners. 

Archived