Wild vs. Bruins 1/8/19 @ 6:00PM at TD Banknorth Garden

CreaseAndAssist

11 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Zucker’s been invisible all season...signs his big contract and takes a powder...☹️

We used to call that "Le syndrome du Québécois". Anyway, that was the "too much" road game: nothing worked, the Wild seemed tired and not concerned that much. At 3-0 after the first, I had the feeling the game was over. However, 3-1-0 in this road trip, I would have signed it immediately for it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

We used to call that "Le syndrome du Québécois". Anyway, that was the "too much" road game: nothing worked, the Wild seemed tired and not concerned that much. At 3-0 after the first, I had the feeling the game was over. However, 3-1-0 in this road trip, I would have signed it immediately for it.

I agree. I think we need to focus on big picture with this team. I don't think there is anyone who would pooh-pooh a 3-1 road trip. They are going to lose games. Hopefully they win more than they lose from now on...

I wasn't surprised at all with the outcome but didn't think it would be that bad. 😛 

At least there were some Lol moments.

The Hersch/Clymer Wtf insert. ( I thought my DVR had a phuck up)

Promoting the Wolves playing on FSN+ at the same time.

Promoting Season tickets for next year... Not the best timing there.

13 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I wasn't surprised at all with the outcome but didn't think it would be that bad. 😛 

At least there were some Lol moments.

The Hersch/Clymer Wtf insert. ( I thought my DVR had a phuck up)

Promoting the Wolves playing on FSN+ at the same time.

Promoting Season tickets for next year... Not the best timing there.

Sure it is! You get people paying for season tickets now with the carrot of priority seating for the Playoffs. If the Wild make the Playoffs, the team still gets to sit on the season ticket money until September collecting interest. If the team doesn't make the Playoffs, the team doesn't refund your Playoff ticket money, they apply it to your season ticket account, collecting interest until September...

@IllaZilla I know the reasoning. ;) But the timing of during that 1 game made me laugh.

How many took the cue and *gasp* switched to FSN+ and watched the T-Wolves ?

I had to watch this game late and fell asleep for the 3rd. 1st time ever 😮 

I didn't miss much.

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

@IllaZilla I know the reasoning. ;) But the timing of during that 1 game made me laugh.

How many took the cue and *gasp* switched to FSN+ and watched the T-Wolves ?

I had to watch this game late and fell asleep for the 3rd. 1st time ever 😮 

I didn't miss much.

I didn't watch it at all! Just hung out on the boards making interesting conversation!

And as far as switching to FSN+ to watch that dumpster fire? I don't know. It's always been my impression that there are basketball fans and there are hockey fans and just because the sports are played during the same season there is not a lot of crossover with the fans...

11 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Problem is, who do you replace Granlund with? They have no one. Kunin and EEK couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat. A 50% Granlund is better than both of those goofs put together. 

Kunin and Ek weren't even on the AHL team back then were they? I'm fuzzy if it was Yeo's last year as head coach or Boudreau's first year here. All I'm saying is several players disclosed injuries after the year ended and I can't believe a professional sports team in this day and age, succumb to players holding out vital knowledge teams deserve to know about.

20 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, if this is true, Minnesota management needs to get his arse on IR or something and get some other body up from Iowa.
I realize the Iowa Wild are having a good season and the organization prefers not to  upset the balance of their lineup, but at least get an AHL bottom six guy up here...give him a shot, no matter how long a shot it is....maybe Minnesota will be pleasantly surprised.

Because if Granlund IS playing hurt, that could factor into next season or beyond continuing to damage his body like this, especially on a season that likely doesn't end with a playoff run...if playoffs at ALL!

I'd rather have a darkhorse bottom six AHL'er brought up and let Granny heal.

An AHL bottom six guy up here...give him a shot --- Sokolov. Prefer 10 games a shot. Maybe Minnesota will be pleasantly surprised.

21 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Here's your post-game if you want to re-hash this one: https://wp.me/p9DWHB-3Eeu

I am always impressed for years about consistency in producing for Bergeron and Marchand. The last game was not an exception too. Is that a Mother Nature talent or a persistent  hard work module for those players? 

I am also would be far more comfortable if Stalock would remain in his crease as much as possible. Why they did not give a chance for Stalock to play against Montreal and for Dubnyk against Boston (which is much more tougher team) still is a question? Maybe our result would be different? Who knows? And that is not the first time happened. Stalock playing mostly inconsistently throughout the season and mostly against a very tough teams or maybe its just my observation.

1 hour ago, rottenrefs said:

Kunin and Ek weren't even on the AHL team back then were they? I'm fuzzy if it was Yeo's last year as head coach or Boudreau's first year here. All I'm saying is several players disclosed injuries after the year ended and I can't believe a professional sports team in this day and age, succumb to players holding out vital knowledge teams deserve to know about.

I thought you were talking about the current season. Russo twitted he’s playing hurt right now. 

But he did play hurt last season in the Playoffs. After the Playoffs were over it was revealed he was playing with a broken hand. 

Two seasons ago (I think) it was revealed after the Playoffs that Charlie Coyle played with two separated shoulders. 

Maybe it’s not so much that the players are holding out information, but maybe it’s the old “Can you play through it because the team really needs you out there...”

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand is the player really being an asset to the team if his playing hurt causes him to not be his best? On the other hand, hockey is a physical sport and players are going to get dinged up out there. Pretty sure no one wants that player in their team who sits out every time he gets a hangnail...

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I am always impressed for years about consistency in producing for Bergeron and Marchand. The last game was not an exception too. Is that a Mother Nature talent or a persistent  hard work module for those players? 

I am also would be far more comfortable if Stalock would remain in his crease as much as possible. Why they did not give a chance for Stalock to play against Montreal and for Dubnyk against Boston (which is much more tougher team) still is a question? Maybe our result would be different? Who knows? And that is not the first time happened. Stalock playing mostly inconsistently throughout the season and mostly against a very tough teams or maybe its just my observation.

Maybe they feel their odds of winning the second of a back to back is so bad that they do all they can to win the first

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Maybe they feel their odds of winning the second of a back to back is so bad that they do all they can to win the first

Piggybacking on this, I think the coaching staff definitely looks at statistics to see who will give them the best chance to win. And if the Wild were solidly in a Playoff position, we may have seen more of Stalock. Since the Wild are on the outside looking in, Dubnyk is going to get the starts until the Wild get solidly in the Playoffs...

Archived