Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Villette/Lavaux

Third jersey for 2019-2020

While I was in Ottawa, some Wild folks told about some rumors that the team would unveil a third jersey with the North Stars color scheme (Green with Yellow, black and white stripes) for next season. IMO that would be absolutely great: I love the North Stars colors so much and it would be still better than the red-forest green that just don't fit together (don't get me wrong, I also really like the home new adidas design)

Have any of you heard about this ?

It would be interesting for sure.

I have to think what's behind it. Is it for PR and merchandise sales? Of course .... But having a 'retro' jersey for the Wild in a N Stars theme makes no sense. That history went south.. You can say it's for 'Minnesota' Hockey I guess, But then why not the Fighting Saints? 

I hate any third jersey. Stupid marketing ploy.

Next thing you know the NHL will be like MLB: Home Day Uniform, Home Night Uniform, Away Day Uniform, Away Night Uniform, and then a special Sunday Matinee Uniform...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

It would be interesting for sure.

I have to think what's behind it. Is it for PR and merchandise sales? Of course .... But having a 'retro' jersey for the Wild in a N Stars theme makes no sense. That history went south.. You can say it's for 'Minnesota' Hockey I guess, But then why not the Fighting Saints? 

Of course there won't be the N logo. But the green/yellow/black/green is still tremendously popular to fans, even for the new generation. A lot of people still wear North Stars jerseys Wild games. Yes, not the same franchise but it is -- was -- still a jersey of a Minnesota team.  It is quite a paradox here, but Dallas' fans wearing North Stars jerseys in Texas does not make more sense to me (North Stars > Etoile du Nord > Minnesota's motto).

So yes, it's for Minnesota hockey. And why not the Fighting Saints? I would say because the Saints were not an NHL team I guess.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I hate any third jersey. Stupid marketing ploy.

Next thing you know the NHL will be like MLB: Home Day Uniform, Home Night Uniform, Away Day Uniform, Away Night Uniform, and then a special Sunday Matinee Uniform...

BINGO! I've  said the same many times in here (well in WMB) - third sweaters are lame - and only marginally ahead of shoulder patches

... And as a huge fan of the WHA - and as a former Season Ticket Holder for BOTH incarnations of the Fighting Saints - the Wilds wearing Fighting Saints sweaters would also be an atrocity

This Jersey thing is all about the money and I Hate it.

Watch a capitals game on TV and see the sea of red, watch a wild game and it's a hogpog of colors.

Just doesn't create the same atmosphere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomdog said:

This Jersey thing is all about the money and I Hate it.

And I fully agree with that. But it's the NHL, 3rd millenial version: the only goal for Buttman and his padawans is to make money, no matter what.

If that’s the case I wish they would stay with a more consistent color scheme 

Absolutely. Things got messed up when the awful Christmas jersey was released, along with all the merchandising stuff that you can get either in green or in red.

Special offer for Wild fans: give your old X-mas jersey and we will give you a brand new Adidas green jersey + and additional 50% on any other stuff you take ! This would be merchandising NHL-sauced.

You mentioned the Caps with the sea of green, same remark for the Preds: they go to plain bright yellow after the horrid mustard/blue color scheme and look at their arena during games: yellow everywhere. Looks pretty nice.

35 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

If that’s the case I wish they would stay with a more consistent color scheme 

To me, it looks like the team is moving towards a green and white main color scheme and only using the red more for trim...

All about jersey sales and branding 

Expect the Seattle Emeralds to wear key-lime sweaters with cobalt silver breezers and Starbucks shoulder patches.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

@Icechipper Not going with Kraken eh?

It would be hard to not laugh and take seriously if the arena blasted out "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" when the team came out.🤔

If done right who knows. ;)

• Haha 1