Game 44: Stars at Flyers; 1/10/19 @ 7

Howie58

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We are a "streaking" team....in the wrong direction. 

I have faith in them i think they can push it to 9 games straight....i know they can...

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!

Fly Eagles Fly

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have faith in them i think they can push it to 9 games straight....i know they can...

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!

Fly Eagles Fly

Man, I hope we don't get screwed out of a top pick. Last overall means you have the best chance to land #4 overall more than any other pick.

50.6%.

:S

20 minutes ago, brelic said:

Man, I hope we don't get screwed out of a top pick. Last overall means you have the best chance to land #4 overall more than any other pick.

50.6%.

:S

I know Ottawa is being d!ck and not winning more....someone remind them the Avs have their pick.

They need to start winning some damn games they are not helping the Flyers tanking effort at all.

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS (Tuesday's starting lines)

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 17 Wayne Simmonds
25 James van Riemsdyk- 44 Phil Varone - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 3 Radko Gudas
8 Robert Hägg - 26 Christian Folin

79 Carter Hart
[56 Mike McKenna]

Scratches: 15 Jori Lehterä (healthy), 40 Jordan Weal (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (lower body), 41 Anthony Stolarz (IR, lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

STARS 

14 Jamie Benn - 91 Tyler Seguin - 47 Alexander Radulov
43 Valeri Nichushkin - 12 Radek Faksa - 18 Tyler Pitlick
17 Devin Shore - 90 Jason Spezza - 27 Erik Condra
13 Mattias Janmark - 24 Roope Hintz - 15 Blake Comeau

23 Esa Lindell - 3 John Klingberg
4 Miro Heiskanen - 45 Roman Polak
5 Connor Carrick - 42 Taylor Fedun

30 Ben Bishop / 35 Anton Khudobin

Scratches: 6 Julius Honka (healthy), 25 Brett Ritchie (healthy), 33 Marc Methot (IR, lower body), 16 Jason Dickinson (IR), 11 Martin Hanzal (IR, back),28 Stephen Johns (IR, post-concussion issues).

I mean, I don't want to point out that having our prized $35M free agent signing on the 4th line is midboggling...

But... seriously? Wow. How far he has fallen in 4 months. He's probably wrapped up in his Leafs blanky at night, crying himself to sleep.

34 minutes ago, brelic said:

He's probably wrapped up in his Leafs blanky at night, crying himself to sleep.

He's wrapped up in the $8 million of cash he's stealing from this team.

Love that Gordon is relegating him to the 4th line.  Gordon doesn't need to worry about stuff like that.

On the bright side, it gives the team an opportunity to look at Lindblom in the top 6 and to showcase Raffl for a trade.  Honestly, Lindblom may be trade bait as well.

I just posted another thread on Simmonds. If I were GM, Simmonds gets resigned, JVR is traded...if we could.  His underperformance relative to last year in Toronto speaks volumes to our team's weakness.  JVR needs feeders and dirty shot efforts. He isn't getting that with our current staff.

8 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I just posted another thread on Simmonds. If I were GM, Simmonds gets resigned, JVR is traded...if we could.  His underperformance relative to last year in Toronto speaks volumes to our team's weakness.  JVR needs feeders and dirty shot efforts. He isn't getting that with our current staff.

I agree, but unfortunately, it probably won't happen because of the stubborn same ol' mentality the Disorganization has. They get the same level of production from Simmonds, at half the salary. Resign Wayne to a 1 or 2 year deal AT MOST and trade JVR, coming off of that 38 goal year, before people realize it was moreso his linemates in Toronto getting him the puck than Van Reimsdylk himself.

2 hours ago, vis said:

Love that Gordon is relegating him to the 4th line.

I honestly wish he didn`t. JVR needs to be traded this year imo. Every game he spends on the 4th is a game where his value will continue to plummet. He may still be tradeable right now given how the whole team is garbage, but I'd honestly rather they pop him on the 2nd and keep him there, let him get some points at least, and then shop him at the deadline.

26 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I honestly wish he didn`t. JVR needs to be traded this year imo. Every game he spends on the 4th is a game where his value will continue to plummet. He may still be tradeable right now given how the whole team is garbage, but I'd honestly rather they pop him on the 2nd and keep him there, let him get some points at least, and then shop him at the deadline.

Fair points.  But I kind of doubt they are going to be successful in moving JVR given his contract in any event.  I also think they expect to trade Simmonds and slot JVR in his place once he's gone.  Not sure they would seek to move both of them.  Although, JVR was a Hextall signing and Fletcher has no loyalty there.

The bookies are staying away from game:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/1-10-2019/dallas-vs-philadelphia-prediction-4127/

Dallas has won 3 of their last 4, but isn't a great road club.  Apparently, we face Anton Khudobin, whose numbers are fairly good.  

Who knows what to expect from the O and B? 

Carchidi reporting that G is back at center with JVR and Konecny as his wingers.  Couturier centering Lindblom and Voracek.  Lines as follows:

JVR/Giroux/Konecny

Lindblom/Couturier/Voracek

Laughton/Patrick/Simmonds

Raffl/Varone/Weise

JVR also said this:

Van Riemsdyk said he doesn’t put added pressure on himself because he signed a hefty free-agent contract, $35 million over five years, in the offseason.

“To be honest, that hasn’t affected me at all,” he said. “Obviously, that aspect has never been my motivation to play this game.” The money “hasn’t changed how much effort I’ve put in. I want to be the best player I can be. ... When you sign a bigger contract, that comes with some different sort of things. But as a player, you try to do the things you did to earn that contract and the rest is out of your control.”

That's unfortunate.  I thought he would put even more pressure on himself to actually earn that salary. 

(This is [mostly] tongue-in-cheek.)

8 minutes ago, vis said:

That's unfortunate.  I thought he would put even more pressure on himself to actually earn that salary.

Why....he already got paid. Him and Vorachek seem to be taking turns skating for a couple of shifts a game. The rest as often as not they just float around hoping somebody else on their line feeds them.

8 hours ago, brelic said:

I mean, I don't want to point out that having our prized $35M free agent signing on the 4th line is midboggling...

But... seriously? Wow. How far he has fallen in 4 months. He's probably wrapped up in his Leafs blanky at night, crying himself to sleep.

Hey as @mojo1917 hey at least they are showcasing them right??

Lose for Hughes Kakko!

Wow how many great d plays we see out of G while he is playing center ..

depends on how many blown passes and being in the wrong place ,,not to mention the lazy way off the ice from a shift .

This is a very young D.

Wow now they want to play now they have been eliminated from the playoffs.

I knew they would end up f**king the draft pick up they always do.

The to little to late squad.

The fireman who finally get the firehose ran and connected by the time your house is burned to the ground...

SMFH

...plenty of time for them to still lose.

TANK TANK TANK TANK

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they finally win.

At least they have found their goalie for next year.

Still f**king up the draft pick is what they do.

Can't even tank right.

Occ: There is still plenty of time left to tank.  

They did look alive tonight and Hart was great. I was sorry he couldn't peg the shutout.  

Hopefully the talk about signing Bobo will drop off.  I still think we need a roster purge.  That said, Patrick actually looked engaged. 

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Occ: There is still plenty of time left to tank.  

They did look alive tonight and Hart was great. I was sorry he couldn't peg the shutout.  

Hopefully the talk about signing Bobo will drop off.  I still think we need a roster purge.  That said, Patrick actually looked engaged. 

Yeah so fitting every one decides now they want to play with nothing to play for.

With the exception of Hart who is a bright spot for the future.

The dead weight certainly needs to be trimmed soon.

Time to look forward to the draft and next year.

Archived