Wild vs. Jets 1/10/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

EEK has had a lot more games to not score, give kunin a little more time before you give up on him

Thing of it is, EEK has never been a scorer. At any level. So he not suddenly going to turn into a scorer with a brief side trip to Iowa. 

Kunin’s been advertised as a scorer and so far has delivered bupkus. 

6 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Thing of it is, EEK has never been a scorer. At any level. So he not suddenly going to turn into a scorer with a brief side trip to Iowa. 

Kunin’s been advertised as a scorer and so far has delivered bupkus. 

Agree with this.
I am the FIRST to tell people, "Hey, give Player X a chance...he is only X years old, has time to grow"

But you are right.... Ek really hasn't shown a penchant for the net no matter where he has played.
Not that he can't be a solid NHL'er mind you, but a top six role probably is not in the cards for him.

Maybe if he and his coaches can come to terms with that, he can be molded into an excellent defensive bottom six center, as I believe THAT is where his best growth would be.

Nothing wrong with being an elite bottom six center. Cup contenders NEED those guys..... but the player has to embrace the role and his coaches need to recognize that he will never be something he just isn't cut out to be.

6 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I'm not sure I would say we're suffocating.  But we certainly have to lean more on our ability to shut teams down than to light them up offensively with #9, #3, #16, #12, #22 all on a hiatus goal scoring-wise.  

I've been thinking about that. It's not a good situation, but if they're able to rack up wins I'm okay with it, hoping none of them reel off their early to mid-season up-tick in scoring; always wishing they hit their stride come playoff time. Every year I think of how many Wild players do pretty good during the regular season but have nothing left to peak to come playoff time. It would be nice.

Archived