Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Jets 1/10/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

Zucker with 2 eh. Maybe that will get him going 

It better...otherwise, I am filing him under "The Big Tease" and am divorcing him!  :bigteeth:

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

embarrassing to have 0 SOG this period  

No kidding. That’s hard to do

They hang on....didn't like the way they let the Jets run amok....but the bottom line is, they got it done in regulation and are, albeit it, maybe just temporarily, back in the top 8

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Didn't like how we finished the game, but I loved how they played the 1st two periods.  Good to see Zucker initiating and burying his chances.  Dubnyk was pretty sharp.  But he got a lot of help with blocked shots.  Greenway and Coyle had great games.  Nino looks like crap.  Big win for this club even with the defense-only 3rd period.  Full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and prospect news too...check it out!  

I had to get some sleep so I didn't see the 3rd period.

Did foligno continue his good to excellent play.

I have been pleasantly surprised by him this year.

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I had to get some sleep so I didn't see the 3rd period.

Did foligno continue his good to excellent play.

I have been pleasantly surprised by him this year.

Well, Foligno, along with the rest of the team, unfortunately, went into a shell in the 3rd period.
The Wild won, but just barely, and because they let off the gas if you will, yet again, instead of continuing to take it to Winnipeg like they had the entire game.

Foligno has been a good bottom six guy for Minnesota, and he was alright in this game too.
But I think this game was all about the two key guys that woke up some....Mikael Granlund and Jason Zucker....while Jared Spurgeon continues to do what he needs to from the blue line.

But SOMEBODY, somewhere, needs to realize this team is ONLY good when they play with pressure from start to finish....they simply are not good enough to get a lead, then "sit back" like they are apt to do, and coast to a win...it has cost them in the past, and it made this game closer than it probably should have in the 3rd.

2 points... Yes. Good game? ...for 2 periods.

The Wild have no killer instinct. They could have made the 3rd a lot easier on themselves but No.

A 3 goal lead going into the 3rd, Fine, The Jets may have just played it out then. 

But the Jets get a late momentum cup filling goal late and We Still Go into Defensive Mode

It's 3-1 start of 3rd, What's wrong with continuing the style of play that got you to this point?

We had the Jets disrupted most of the time and we were actually creating scoring chances. 

We weren't playing into the Jets style as Coach BB-Panic mentioned not wanting to do, We were playing OUR game

and it was working. This team is not elite enough defensively to sit on a 2 goal lead with 20 minutes to play.

Try that in the playoffs and see how far it get's you.

Oh yeah...0 SOG in the third. (other than 1 solid clank on our only offensive zone time.)

I haven't seen that since I used to play NHL '94 on PS2. 

That's not on Foligno to sit back and wait for the Jets to attack.  That's on the coaching staff or the leaders on the team.  

I listened to a recording of Wild fanline this afternoon.  Fans are not feeling confident about this Wild team.  They see that it's flawed and even though they got a big win, they knows this team is still not any better than they've been the last few seasons so the result will likely be the same or worse.  It was hilarious listening to Kevin Falness be baffled at Wild fans skepticism after a win...he just couldn't comprehend it.  

• Like 1