Flyers trade Jordan Weal

OccamsRazor

Just now, Samifan said:

Well that should shake up the team....SMH

GOD I PRAY JAKE IS NEXT!!!!

I am thinking this is a trade to help give the Phantoms some depth before he recalls a D man to play on the Flyers so they can audition someone before maybe a defenseman on the Flyer gets moved.

Another shoe to drop soon i bet.

Still think more to come soon, They have a break after the game on the 19th.

This still gives them a chance now to call some kids up. They have 13 forwards and 6 D men active with Mcdud on IR.

But this could be room to activate Morin soon.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am thinking this is a trade to help give the Phantoms some depth before he recalls a D man to play on the Flyers so they can audition someone before maybe a defenseman on the Flyer gets moved.

Another shoe to drop soon i bet.

Vorachoke, pack your bags!

I mean, he didn’t really have a role on this team, but I would have thought you could fetch more for a 25-30 point guy than a 6th rounder and ECHL player. 

Whatever, just moving out bodies I guess. 

Who the hell is Jacob Graves :dizzysmiley-1:

Yeah that is really gonna scare the core players ........ SMH :bonkingheadonwall:

EDIT:   I guess  I got my answer .....  LOL

The Flyers have assigned defenseman Jacob Graves to the ECHL's Reading Royals.

— Bill Meltzer (@billmeltzer) January 11, 2019

5 minutes ago, brelic said:

I mean, he didn’t really have a role on this team, but I would have thought you could fetch more for a 25-30 point guy than a 6th rounder and ECHL player. 

I was just thinking the same thing ........   don't let the door hit your in A$$ on the way out ......

33 minutes ago, brelic said:

I would take that for Mcdud right now...

Jesus, Arizona, take the Weal. 

I know folks are stunned we only got a 6th and a part-time hockey player. 

But anything more than a Cracker Barrel coupon is a steal. 

I'll forget Weal by morning. 

That said, what a goofy place for Fletcher to start.  Whomever it was that postulated this is about a roster spot (Morin) is probably right. 

Because if this is message sending, Fletcher would be better off setting the drapes on fire. 

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Not sure it was about getting a return, but rather opening a roster spot.  

Also, doubt this was a “shake up” trade (not saying you think this; some other fans seem to think so).  But...hopefully a more significant trade comes soon...

Well I just fully read the Eklund article I referenced above on Mark Stone...which I love.

However this part kind of makes me nervous...

My source went on to say the Flyers are heavy in buyers mode right now and are offering up prospects and picks plus 1 or 2 roster players for Stone and the would love to get Craig Anderson as well in the deal...

..sure there are some picks and prospects I would trade but depending who/what they are scared me...

Hmm...
Jordan is now a Weal E. Coyote....  :rolleyes:

Another misfit player Arizona is hoping fits in better with them.
For better or worse, I see the Yotes giving Jordan a Weal chance at becoming a full time top six guy.....Yotes don't score much anyways, so it can't hurt.
If Jordan does the same with Arizona as he did with Philadelphia, then it was no Weal loss as the player they gave up is minor league fodder.

If, however, Jordan does better, then the Yotes can do cartWeals that they got a nice player for cheap.

Damn, I am Weally good at this..... :shifty:

So I would prefer to ship this years pick but since it's maybe a top 5 pick I will send them a 2020 1s round pick and...

...whatelse?

I would love love love to have Jake be a big piece going back the other way...

...but what else would it take?

Lyon or Stolie to help them fill a void in goal.

But it may take a little more....

22 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I'd say this is roster clearing.  It's a start.  

Exactly.
If Philadelphia wants a young, talented core that can grow together, unfortunately, it means starting some where like this..... start with the kit before moving on to the kaboodle...

The team will likely try spinning it as "retooling on the fly" (DEFINITELY pun intended :) ), but depending on how well things pan out not only with the players they will try keeping goes, but how far ahead their divisional competitors get, they just might have to go full blown rebuild.

Archived