Eichel returns, Sabres at Canes, Skinner returns to former team's house

Buffalo Rick

Well I wonder if Jeff Skinner, who was just added to the All star team and has 29 goals, will be booed tonight in his first game in Carolina since the Sabres got him in a trade?  They obviously were raked across the coals in that trade to put it mildly.  And Jack Eichel returns tonight also.  A sight for sore eyes he will be to us.  Thomson is to play with Eichel and Skinner instead of Reinhart.  Shocking. I am not in favor of it.Hutton is in tonight so Ullmark vs Tampa tomorrow

Eichel returning to the lineup is the obvious big deal here.... the Sabres, while sporting some nice players throughout their lineup are still NOT the type of team that can withstand the loss of a guy like Eichel for very long......Sabres just don't have the kind of depth yet, unlike some other teams who could lose guys here and there and just keep on rolling.

So yea, he will make a big difference, not only in what he does, but what he does for his teammates.

As for Skinner, I honestly would be very surprised if the Carolina fans boo him. I don't believe he was traded on bad terms, and unless I missed something, Skinner was well liked in Raleigh.
Raked over the coals, Carolina on the Skinner trade? Hmmm.....I wouldn't say that.

For sure, right now it looks like Buffalo got the better end of it, but honestly, it is way too soon to tell what the full value of this trade will be.
First off, Cliff Pu....he may or may not pan out...we don't know yet...and those three picks the Sabres sent Carolina's way, the Canes have yet to use them as they are for futures.....and the Canes could come up with a VERY nice player with that 2nd rounder in this year's draft.

Second, we still don't know if Buffalo will be able to retain Skinner...he may elect to test free agency.....that makes a big difference in how this trade will ultimately be viewed. If Skinner stays on and signs a new contract, and Buffalo continues moving upward, then we can tip things in their favor....if not....well, Carolina, either way, has a Pu player and some future picks still in their back pockets.

Just too soon to tell.
And I will be watching Buf at Car tonight....so I will see how Skinner is received.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Eichel returning to the lineup is the obvious big deal here.... the Sabres, while sporting some nice players throughout their lineup are still NOT the type of team that can withstand the loss of a guy like Eichel for very long......Sabres just don't have the kind of depth yet, unlike some other teams who could lose guys here and there and just keep on rolling.

So yea, he will make a big difference, not only in what he does, but what he does for his teammates.

As for Skinner, I honestly would be very surprised if the Carolina fans boo him. I don't believe he was traded on bad terms, and unless I missed something, Skinner was well liked in Raleigh.
Raked over the coals, Carolina on the Skinner trade? Hmmm.....I wouldn't say that.

For sure, right now it looks like Buffalo got the better end of it, but honestly, it is way too soon to tell what the full value of this trade will be.
First off, Cliff Pu....he may or may not pan out...we don't know yet...and those three picks the Sabres sent Carolina's way, the Canes have yet to use them as they are for futures.....and the Canes could come up with a VERY nice player with that 2nd rounder in this year's draft.

Second, we still don't know if Buffalo will be able to retain Skinner...he may elect to test free agency.....that makes a big difference in how this trade will ultimately be viewed. If Skinner stays on and signs a new contract, and Buffalo continues moving upward, then we can tip things in their favor....if not....well, Carolina, either way, has a Pu player and some future picks still in their back pockets.

Just too soon to tell.
And I will be watching Buf at Car tonight....so I will see how Skinner is received.

No boos.  I heard many fans yelling Lets go Buffalo.  So the Sabres have plenty of fans on hand. I know we won that trade short term. I do believe Botterill will sign Skinner.  I just hope its not going to be crazy numbers. There are 4 or 5 guys on this team that I consider in the must keep category.  Eichel, Skinner, Ristolainen, Dahlin and maybe, Middlestadt.  Zach Begosian is important also. You are correct that we cannot afford to lose Jack Eichel long. We are not deep and we are very young. There are many more pieces to add up front. I think we are pretty solid on D though.  Pilut is a great young kid and of course Risto and Dahlin are about as good as you are going to get as far as young defensemen. Reinhart might be in the category of must keep also.  I hope we can get on another roll here

Well, they did a video tribute for Jeff Skinner during one of the TV timeouts....
Hard to tell with the crowd, because it isn't a full house, and yes, there are Sabre fans in there, but I didn't hear anything negative, and I did hear some cheering, so I would say Jeff Skinner is still viewed respectfully by the Caniacs.

Now....if EVER there was a playoff series between Buffalo and Carolina, and Skinner is still with the Sabres, that could be a different story...… playoff series breeds contempt.....just how it is, and just how hockey fans like it!

Archived