Minnesota Wild vs Detroit Red Wings Saturday 1-12-19, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Valentine1618 said:

Well I’m getting use to them sucking against bad teams and sucking at home. 

I still cannot resist that chronic team's disease for years. Now Vanek needs to put a hatty into our net to make a historic for the Wild loss with 2 hat tricks against us on our home ice from the bad team in the league. 

Miss having Red Wings in the "Norris Division." Wings were my favorite "Original Six" team. I favor a plan which would:

• Move Detroit and Las Vegas to the Central (from Atlantic and Pacific respectively)
  • Place expansion Seattle Emeralds in the Pacific.
  • Move Nashville into the Atlantic.

Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis, Dallas and Winnipeg flock to Vegas in the Winter. (Colorado, we'll it's Winter in Colorado, which is cool, I get that).

Naturally, Boston, Toronto and Les Canadiens would likely move to block that. Yeah, we're not North Stars any longer, but we face Detroit all the time in the NFL and MLB.

24 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Games like this are the one time when I miss the old "goon it up" days. At least when the North Stars got waxed, Basil and Churla would give the fans some entertainment value for the dollar.

Willie Plett 

Bertuzzi, Red Wings Blitz Disinterested Wild in 5-2 Victory

Suter already said the team didn't come to skate.  He should know, he was just standing there as he couldn't push Gustav Nyquist out of the way on Bertuzzi's second goal.  This was a horrible effort all around and just 8 shots in the final two periods of play.  Zero urgency...my frustration is all in the article.  Prospect news to go along with the game recap.  Enjoy!    

After last night the Wild are scoring as many goals as they are giving up per game: 2.82.

Which means if the starting goaltender gives up two goals, the Wild are more than likely to lose the game, since they don't score three goals. So that means the Wild goaltenders have to have a GAA of under 2.00 in order for the team to have a better chance of winning. No goaltender that has started 25 or more games this year has that. Not Pekka Rinne, not Ben Bishop, not David Rittich, not M.A. Fleury. No one.

People can bitch about Dubnyk and how he needs more rest and he gives up too many "soft goals" and how he needs to just stay in the crease and the color of his hair and and his jersey number, but Dubnyk isn't the problem. It's the other 22 guys on the roster that are the problem.

Be interesting to see what other teams records are in back-to-back games. Is this a league wide trend where teams tend to lose the second game of a back-to-back series, or do more teams win the second game and the Wild are just one of those teams where they can't handle playing two games in a row...

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

After last night the Wild are scoring as many goals as they are giving up per game: 2.82.

Which means if the starting goaltender gives up two goals, the Wild are more than likely to lose the game, since they don't score three goals. So that means the Wild goaltenders have to have a GAA of under 2.00 in order for the team to have a better chance of winning. No goaltender that has started 25 or more games this year has that. Not Pekka Rinne, not Ben Bishop, not David Rittich, not M.A. Fleury. No one.

People can bitch about Dubnyk and how he needs more rest and he gives up too many "soft goals" and how he needs to just stay in the crease and the color of his hair and and his jersey number, but Dubnyk isn't the problem. It's the other 22 guys on the roster that are the problem.

Be interesting to see what other teams records are in back-to-back games. Is this a league wide trend where teams tend to lose the second game of a back-to-back series, or do more teams win the second game and the Wild are just one of those teams where they can't handle playing two games in a row...

I am not ripping Dubnyk, not at all.  He had zero support.  The team wasn't moving its feet or finishing its checks, or doing what it could to provide offensive pressure the other way.  19 shots in their last 4 periods of hockey.  The old vets are really showing their age other than Parise.  

That was a remarkably crummy game for the Wild.    What a crazy team this year.  They look so solid and deep in one game, then so disorganized and ineffective the next   Every team has its ups and downs but this is ridiculous.  

what a pile of steaming dog **** they are just a tweak away from a cup. Now if we could only get snoop in here to do the play by play we have it made. If I was Bruce I would walk out on these losers somewhere in Philly CF and company are laughing their ass off.

Usually I hit Stop and Delete on the DVR right after the game but I wanted to hear BB's comments.

Glad he didn't disappoint.

Even Walz said "It's just 1 Game " ...True, But we've had way too many of those 1/2 way through the season.

Back around the loss to the Coyotes, It was said that it was our worst game of the season. I said there would be worse one's than that.

That's like a bunt single for predictions.

The vet's look like they're waiting for Fenton to 'Provide a spark' when they should be the one's leading the team.

Parise is fine and his efforts are being wasted by everyone around him. Suter...No words... Staal shot his load last year and is spent.

It's pretty bad when your 4th line is the highlight of the entire game.

13 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Bertuzzi, Red Wings Blitz Disinterested Wild in 5-2 Victory

Suter already said the team didn't come to skate.  He should know, he was just standing there as he couldn't push Gustav Nyquist out of the way on Bertuzzi's second goal.  This was a horrible effort all around and just 8 shots in the final two periods of play.  Zero urgency...my frustration is all in the article.  Prospect news to go along with the game recap.  Enjoy!    

I can't agree with your comment about Suter standing around on the one goal, I don't remember which, I saw him move at record speed to get out of the way of the shot.

11 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

At least next we get to face the Flyers who suck in every facet of the game at the moment. That'll be a whole different game... 🙄

Yeh. I will not be surprised that team craziness will continue... 🤯

Agree with Fargo. It is a too crazy and too unpredictable team this season. We won against one of the best team in a league a couple days ago; then Jets beat the worst team in a league the next day after, and then we lost to the same worst team in a league the day after. Who looked more tired and was more disorganized last night - Red Wings which played 2 days in a row, or the Wild which did not play since Thursday? What we are going to expect against Flyers on Monday? No one knows. 

I can't believe all you haters out there. And you call yourselves fans? You aren't real MN Wild fans!

This team does the same thing year in and year out. Y'all ought to be used to this.

The revolving door of a couple hundred players, coaches (including assistants it's over a dozen) and even two GM's, only two things remain as the common denominator with this club since Craig Leipold bought the team. He and Mikko Koivu.

Sure, one can say it's only one loss, but how they work themselves into the holes they keep digging remains completely unchanged. Paltry play? Every team has ups and downs, but not many stick to the same game plans, the same regurgitated cliche's, the same cast of core players and the failed philosophies in how they handle and/or manage their player assets.

To date this club has yet to work toward (most) all their players strengths. Growth is restricted, playing free isn't in their vocabulary. Thinking too much, holding their sticks too tight, not covering for one another, not all being team players... And one can see how, why and when there's players tired of playing on the same tireless treadmill that's destined to nowhere.

2 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Super Late Models, USRA Modifieds & X-Mods

Nice!

I always liked watching the Flying Door Stops! I used to work with a guy who was a mechanic on Saturday for his buddy who used to race Modifieds on the local tracks. He used to tell me how they'd drill out bolt heads and such to make the vehicle as light as they could and then when the race was over they'd immediately drive on the infield to get that mud all over the car to make it weigh more...😄

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Usually I hit Stop and Delete on the DVR right after the game but I wanted to hear BB's comments.

Glad he didn't disappoint.

Even Walz said "It's just 1 Game " ...True, But we've had way too many of those 1/2 way through the season.

Back around the loss to the Coyotes, It was said that it was our worst game of the season. I said there would be worse one's than that.

That's like a bunt single for predictions.

The vet's look like they're waiting for Fenton to 'Provide a spark' when they should be the one's leading the team.

Parise is fine and his efforts are being wasted by everyone around him. Suter...No words... Staal shot his load last year and is spent.

It's pretty bad when your 4th line is the highlight of the entire game.

If the Wild miss the playoffs by a point, someone should ask Walz if "just one game" might have made a difference...

If the vets think a trade is coming to "save them" their as delusional as the owner who thinks this is a Cup contending team...

19 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

If the Wild miss the playoffs by a point, someone should ask Walz if "just one game" might have made a difference...

If the vets think a trade is coming to "save them" their as delusional as the owner who thinks this is a Cup contending team...

As it was the vets who stunk up the place last night, other than Zac, the only trade to save them would be one of the vets leaving

Archived