Game 46: Wild at Flyers; 1/14/19 @ 7

Howie58

4 hours ago, radoran said:

What would I do? Would I decide to take a flier on the Finn?

Have you met me?

SUOMI!

🇫🇮

But, like brelic says, it is a tough call. Rationally, if you're talking about a low lottery pick from Edmonton or, if the "rental" player (say, Simmonds) helps Edmonton into the playoffs and your pick gets into the middle-to-late round, I'd rather take the "disappointing" 4th overall.

I agree i take the project in Jesse...is it risky?? Sure.

However for Simmer it's worth the risk....for the upside hopefully it can present.

They have a nice stable of kids already coming this kid is already here.

Question is will the Oilers do it?? Hell i'll even throw Andrew Macdonald in to sweeten it... :ph34r:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

There was a Simmonds to EDM rumour which somebody in Philly flat-out lied about, according to TSN. Bob McKenzie excoriated the guy on twitter over it. That's all that I've heard.

Yeah, so that.  Turns out Carchidi (local Flyers beat writer) retweeted a fake tweet from TSN.  Still, there have been rumors that EDM may have an interest in Simmonds.  Curious if anyone had heard something similar up there.  

Simmonds does have a modified NTC.  Believe he can submit a list of 12 teams he does not want to be traded to.  Wonder if EDM would be on that list.  Probably not, but folks probably need to be mindful of the NTC when thinking about what might be a good fit.

15 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Nothing to do with Puljujarvi as return for him, but 30-year UFA wingers playing the back nine of their careers don't always fetch a value which is commensurate with what they can still do on the ice.

For sure.  Though, I imagine there is going to be a bit of a bidding war for his services and a team that thinks they can sign him may be willing to pay handsomely. 

I would love to see him end up in Nashville, which is rumored to be interested.  He would be a nice addition to their PP in particular.  Wonder who/what they would be willing to give up.  I think the conversation needs to start with Tolvanen, a guy I wanted the Flyers to select.  Any picks they give will be late rounders.

29 minutes ago, vis said:

I think the conversation needs to start with Tolvanen, a guy I wanted the Flyers to select. 

I would be interested in Dante Fabbro too though it doesn't have to be Tolvanen even though i would prefer a forward.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would be interested in Dante Fabbro too though it doesn't have to be Tolvanen even though i would prefer a forward.

No problem with Fabbro.  I'd prefer a forward, which is why I said the conversation starts (but doesn't end) with Tolvanen.

4 minutes ago, vis said:

No problem with Fabbro.  I'd prefer a forward, which is why I said the conversation starts (but doesn't end) with Tolvanen.

The only scary thing with Fabbro is he is a college prospect so he could always opt not to sign with the Flyers and just walk to another team ala Jimmy Vesey....and then the Flyers would be left with nothing...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

The only scary thing with Fabbro is he is a college prospect so he could always opt not to sign with the Flyers and just walk to another team ala Jimmy Vesey....and then the Flyers would be left with nothing...

Good point.  Wonder how he'd feel about the Flyers given the other young players in the system.

2 minutes ago, vis said:

Good point.  Wonder how he'd feel about the Flyers given the other young players in the system.

He is a righty.

They already have Myers, Friedman, Wylie and St. Ivany as righties in the system not to mention Gudas already on the roster.

So yeah he could look at that and think about his path to a starting spot and prefer to go somewhere else.

You just never know. It why i prefer Tolvanen besides he is a natural LW which the Flyers could always use.

Archived