Game 46: Wild at Flyers; 1/14/19 @ 7

Howie58

The Wild are a mild favorite:

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/wild-at-flyers-11419-nhl-picks-and-predictions/?utm_source=pickpapa&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=game-index-page

Their D is quite good; their O isn't much better than ours.  It's interesting to note that some of the betting sites are apparently writing off the Flyers and won't set lines.  The Wild play well against the Metro.  It has been over a year since we've played them:

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Minnesota_Wild

It appear Mr. Hart is the starter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the tank going guys...be passive and only pass the puck till the last 10 minutes and then try hard like you have!!!!!!

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS 

25 James van Riemsdyk or 12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick -17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Phil Varone - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 3 Radko Gudas
8 Robert Hägg - 26 Christian Folin

79 Carter Hart
[56 Mike McKenna]

Scratches: 15 Jori Lehterä (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (lower body), 41 Anthony Stolarz (IR, lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

WILD

16 Jason Zucker - 9 Mikko Koivu - 64 Mikael Granlund
18 Jordan Greenway - 12 Eric Staal -- 22 Nino Niederreiter
11 Zach Parise - 3 Charlie Coyle - 19 Luke Kunin
17 Marcus Foligno - 14 Joel Eriksson Ek - 23 J.T. Brown

20 Ryan Suter - 46 Jared Spurgeon
25 Jonas Brodin - 29 Greg Pateryn
36 Nick Seeler - 39 Nate Prosser

40 Devan Dubnyk
[32 Alex Stalock]

Scratches: 15 Matt Hendricks (healthy), 21 Eric Fehr (day-to-day), 24 Matt Dumba (IR, torn pectoral). 

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!!

And no i will not be watching these game.

The interesting questions might be who gets jettisoned? Weal was first. Who's next? Folin? AMac? Raffl?  The rest of the season is audition time, particularly for the youngins.  So...who frees up space?

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

I don't know. The way the Wild were standing around against Detroit, you'd think they were after Hughes or that Finnlander...

Well trust me the Flyers can out stand around you guys all day long.

They are the champs of standing and observing.

Wild - 4

Flyers - 2

Lose for Hughes!

This will be the 3rd game in a row I’m not attending and Wednesday will be my 4th.  That’s unheard of for me as I’m generally at every game win lose or OT loss (since we can no longer draw) but it’s so demoralizing at this point that it’s become like work to drive down there and spend my valuable time.  At least I have been able to give away my tickets for tonight and sell them for Wednesday so money is not being completely wasted.  It’s sad though as it’s not like me to do this.  

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The interesting questions might be who gets jettisoned? Weal was first. Who's next? Folin? AMac? Raffl?  The rest of the season is audition time, particularly for the youngins.  So...who frees up space?

Simmonds.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well trust me the Flyers can out stand around you guys all day long.

They are the champs of standing and observing.

Wild - 4

Flyers - 2

Lose for Hughes!

This game is going to be like the Irresistible Force meeting the Immovable Object! 😂

Flyers need to play their backup. The Wild have a talent for making backups look like the second coming of Jacques Plante...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Unfortunately they are playing their future starter for next year and i guess getting his feet wet at getting shelled...

The Wild have 19 SOG over the last four periods of hockey...so if you consider that a shelling, then yes, he's going to get shelled...

8 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild have 19 SOG over the last four periods of hockey...so if you consider that a shelling, then yes, he's going to get shelled...

Well that isn't encouraging you guys don't sound like you're going to help much in the quest for the 1st overall pick.

Don't try to out tank the tankers please. Be courteous to your hosts. :whiteflag:

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well that isn't encouraging you guys don't sound like you're going to help much in the quest for the 1st overall pick.

Don't try to out tank the tankers please. Be courteous to your hosts. :whiteflag:

They got bag skated the other day, so we’ll see. The last time a coach (Yeo) threw a hissy fit most of the team stood there and rolled their eyes...

7 minutes ago, hf101 said:

5 forward PP was successful.  Ghost on the 2nd unit adds something even though they didnt score.

Sounds interesting. Some think the Wild should try that. But unfortunately the $10M man wants to run the point, and what the $10M Man wants, the $10M Man gets....

Archived