News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Howie58

Game 46: Wild at Flyers; 1/14/19 @ 7

The Wild are a mild favorite:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Their D is quite good; their O isn't much better than ours.  It's interesting to note that some of the betting sites are apparently writing off the Flyers and won't set lines.  The Wild play well against the Metro.  It has been over a year since we've played them:

Hidden Content

It appear Mr. Hart is the starter.

Keep the tank going guys...be passive and only pass the puck till the last 10 minutes and then try hard like you have!!!!!!

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS 

25 James van Riemsdyk or 12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick -17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Phil Varone - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 3 Radko Gudas
8 Robert Hägg - 26 Christian Folin

79 Carter Hart
[56 Mike McKenna]

Scratches: 15 Jori Lehterä (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (lower body), 41 Anthony Stolarz (IR, lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

WILD

16 Jason Zucker - 9 Mikko Koivu - 64 Mikael Granlund
18 Jordan Greenway - 12 Eric Staal -- 22 Nino Niederreiter
11 Zach Parise - 3 Charlie Coyle - 19 Luke Kunin
17 Marcus Foligno - 14 Joel Eriksson Ek - 23 J.T. Brown

20 Ryan Suter - 46 Jared Spurgeon
25 Jonas Brodin - 29 Greg Pateryn
36 Nick Seeler - 39 Nate Prosser

40 Devan Dubnyk
[32 Alex Stalock]

Scratches: 15 Matt Hendricks (healthy), 21 Eric Fehr (day-to-day), 24 Matt Dumba (IR, torn pectoral). 

Lose for Hughes Kakko!!!!

And no i will not be watching these game.

8 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

This should be a fun cross-over thread!

Go Wild!!!

TANK TANK TANK TANK

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

This should be a fun cross-over thread!

Watch out....we had a mini winning streak of one game a short while ago......

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Go Wild!!!

TANK TANK TANK TANK

I don't know. The way the Wild were standing around against Detroit, you'd think they were after Hughes or that Finnlander...

The interesting questions might be who gets jettisoned? Weal was first. Who's next? Folin? AMac? Raffl?  The rest of the season is audition time, particularly for the youngins.  So...who frees up space?

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

I don't know. The way the Wild were standing around against Detroit, you'd think they were after Hughes or that Finnlander...

Well trust me the Flyers can out stand around you guys all day long.

They are the champs of standing and observing.

Wild - 4

Flyers - 2

Lose for Hughes!

• Haha 1

This will be the 3rd game in a row I’m not attending and Wednesday will be my 4th.  That’s unheard of for me as I’m generally at every game win lose or OT loss (since we can no longer draw) but it’s so demoralizing at this point that it’s become like work to drive down there and spend my valuable time.  At least I have been able to give away my tickets for tonight and sell them for Wednesday so money is not being completely wasted.  It’s sad though as it’s not like me to do this.  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The interesting questions might be who gets jettisoned? Weal was first. Who's next? Folin? AMac? Raffl?  The rest of the season is audition time, particularly for the youngins.  So...who frees up space?

Simmonds.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well trust me the Flyers can out stand around you guys all day long.

They are the champs of standing and observing.

Wild - 4

Flyers - 2

Lose for Hughes!

This game is going to be like the Irresistible Force meeting the Immovable Object! 😂

Flyers need to play their backup. The Wild have a talent for making backups look like the second coming of Jacques Plante...

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

Flyers need to play their backup.

Unfortunately they are playing their future starter for next year and i guess getting his feet wet at getting shelled...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Unfortunately they are playing their future starter for next year and i guess getting his feet wet at getting shelled...

The Wild have 19 SOG over the last four periods of hockey...so if you consider that a shelling, then yes, he's going to get shelled...

8 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild have 19 SOG over the last four periods of hockey...so if you consider that a shelling, then yes, he's going to get shelled...

Well that isn't encouraging you guys don't sound like you're going to help much in the quest for the 1st overall pick.

Don't try to out tank the tankers please. Be courteous to your hosts. :whiteflag:

1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

Simmonds.

I think he goes soon.  Folin and Raffl would be more dump.  But I agree, he is in the cross-hairs.  

Greetings:

Here is another take on the game...and the signing of JVR.

You won't win many games averaging 1.8 goals.  Yikes:

Hidden Content

I see the Flyers weren’t ready to play at the start of the game.....lather Rinse repeat!

Why the hell is El Chapo in the line-up!

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well that isn't encouraging you guys don't sound like you're going to help much in the quest for the 1st overall pick.

Don't try to out tank the tankers please. Be courteous to your hosts. :whiteflag:

They got bag skated the other day, so we’ll see. The last time a coach (Yeo) threw a hissy fit most of the team stood there and rolled their eyes...

5 forward PP was successful.  Ghost on the 2nd unit adds something even though they didnt score.

7 minutes ago, hf101 said:

5 forward PP was successful.  Ghost on the 2nd unit adds something even though they didnt score.

Sounds interesting. Some think the Wild should try that. But unfortunately the $10M man wants to run the point, and what the $10M Man wants, the $10M Man gets....

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Uncle Fester turning bright red on the Wild bench 😡

I’m waiting to see his head pop off and fly around the arena like a balloon...thbbbttt!