Minnesota Wild vs. Philadelphia Flyers 1/14/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Wells Fargo Arena

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

Wasn't Lehtera suspended for drugs or is there another loophole somewhere?

that's what I thought as he was somehow involved with a cocaine ring or something but I guess not or he was absolved, who knows.

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

that's what I thought as he was somehow involved with a cocaine ring or something but I guess not or he was absolved, who knows.

Yeah, but I just found an article that he was charged on January 1, 2019 in Finland and can't find anything about any charges being dropped.

Philadelphia Flyers forward Jori Lehtera was charged Monday with buying drugs in his native country of Finland. Specifically, the charges allege that the 31-year-old bought eight grams of cocaine at nightclubs in Tampere, Finland, between June and July of 2018, and also that he attempted to buy another gram in May 2018.

“As I have maintained from the outset, these charges against me are false and I will clear my name,” said Lehtera in a statement issued by the Flyers. “I will have no further comment on the matter until that time.”

The NHL announced in September it was investigating Lehtera after a Finnish news outlet reported he was questioned by police about his involvement in a cocaine ring. An online translation of the report said Lehtera was among 23 suspects from a group accused of distributing two kilos of cocaine since January of 2017, and that a house Lehtera owns was raided. The report added that seven people had been jailed relating to the case.

According to Philly.com, Lehtera told police that he knows two of the men who also have been charged, but he denies buying drugs from them. Instead, Lehtera maintains he once paid 6,000 Euros for drug rehab for one of the men.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in an email that Lehtera had yet to be legally served, and that “as a result, we will not be intervening at this point and will continue to monitor the legal proceedings.”

Interestingly, Lehtera wasn't required to be in court. But I thought our President was all about deporting "bad hombres" yet Lehtera is still in this country working.....although the crime wasn't committed here.

4 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

@IllaZilla but isn't an offsides challenge also a goal challenge LOL as your challenging whether the play that lead to the goal was offsides. 

No, you’re challenging the linesman missing an offside. If the play was offside, the goal is disallowed. You’re not challenging if the goal was scored legally, your challenging if the offense entered the zone onside. 

Archived