Bye Dale!

Samifan

Clearing out the underbrush, which is nice to see. Does this mean they couldn't even get a 6th for him?

Weise has another year on his deal ($2.35M).

Anyone else get the feeling this team is getting younger before it gets older?

Just now, radoran said:

Anyone else get the feeling this team is getting younger before it gets older?

That's how you stealth tank. Kinda surprised they didn't call someone up, which may indicate Fletch is closing in on a trade.

dave: chuck?

chuck: yes, dave?

dave: is dale weise gone?

chuck: should be, give it 24 hours

dave: does that mean we can get wayne gretzky now?

chuck: no, dave. he doesn't play anymore

dave: what about mario whats his name, how do you pronounce it...

chuck: no, dave. he's not available either.

dave: how about crosby? let's get crosby. we have the money.

chuck: i'm going to hang up now, dave.

homer [interrupting]: now hang on just a sec there Chucky...

1 hour ago, brelic said:

That's how you stealth tank. Kinda surprised they didn't call someone up, which may indicate Fletch is closing in on a trade.

Morin may be about ready, too.  But could be a trade. 

Good riddance.  Another waste of a roster spot gone.

What is Lehtera's deal?  I wouldn't even want him around this team, but yet he was in the lineup last night.

Just now, ruxpin said:

Lol what the hell is that GM looking at if that's the case? 

He was productive for the Canadiens maybe they bring him back they have about 9 mill in cap space.

They don't have any room though unless they make a move.

Who knows it would have to be a desperate team with plenty of cap space.

#wishfulthinking

1 hour ago, intheslot said:

simmer..Nevy to the Oil .......??? for..

Talbot the finn  and a pick 

I don't know about that .896 save percentage or 3.17 GAA for Talbot, but sometimes a change of scenery is what is needed.

Weise was semi-respectable this year but no great loss and someone we can live without.  I am not sure about trades.  Maybe this is audition time for youngin and cap space for next year.  

I have to wonder if Moose is another possible trade/waiver once he's on the roster?  I doubt he is part of next year's roster. Someone might want an experienced backup. 

17 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don't know about that .896 save percentage or 3.17 GAA for Talbot, but sometimes a change of scenery is what is needed.

Thing is, Calbot DID have a change in scenery:
He went from being an underpaid backup behind a, at the time, GREAT goaltender Henrik Lundqvist who provided Talbot with all sorts of shielding so Cam didn't have to shoulder big loads AND played behind a better defensive team in NY...

To being a much better paid starter, on a team he WAS expected to shoulder a big load, lead into success, and do it with much less to work with in front of him (outside of the likes of a McDavid and Draisaitl)…..
And he proved he couldn't handle the assignment, outside of that one good year he had when the entire Edmonton team looked like they had turned a corner.

Perhaps, and this is always the risk when trying to turn a backup into a starter, he just isn't starter material....and if the situation in Philly sounds like the one he is in with Edmonton with regards to what is in front of him, then he absolutely would NOT be a fit with Philly, much less be any kind of long term solution.

As for the titular character, Dale Weise....he is a slug.
Always has been. 
Not saying the man had no redeeming qualities, but he never was any kind of answer for the Flyers on any level honestly...well, in my opinion anyways.

And any good play the team got out of him, they could have reasonably expected from some less experienced, lesser paid, but maybe better fitting players on their team.
Slugs are a waste of roster spots, so if I am a Flyers fan, I am thinking, "Great....let the purge continue, and removing Weise from the picture is one heck of step on the right direction"

By no means is he to blame for many of the Flyers' problems, but he sure wasn't going to be part of the solution.
Maybe some deeper team who can afford to have a slug man the 4th line for 8 min a night can give him a job, and maybe he can do better there.....or maybe that same team decides they could use the roster spot on some young guy who can 'learn on the job".....THERE'S an idea, eh?

I think the Flyers are happy to go the route of "green kid learning on the job" and be done with at least ONE of slugs on this team.

7 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

i hope he isn't trading the future for a playoff push by order of the corporate greed f*#ks. That would be a huge mistake. Still time to blow it up and turn it around quickly if done properly.

So far that doesn't seem to be the case. Let's hope he continues to, as radoran says, clear out the underbrush.

A guy like Weisse isn't needed on a team like this, regardless of his intangibles.  

I'm sure Chuck can do the math, there isn't a way to make the playoffs, they would need to go .700 plus and that just isn't happening.

I don't want to watch a crappy hockey team too, I've been a fan of the Baltimore Orioles for my whole life.  When a team sucks the stink is hard to remove, so my hope is the team can get back to respectibility quickly.  The Orioles were bad for ovetr a decade and the "winning tradition" I grew up with is a thing of the past inspite of the recent blip of respectability. 

Chuck is in a tough spot, I don't know how to best turn the ship around.  Let's hope the Harvard education yields some quality leadership.

Archived