Montreal our best chance to knock out for a spot

Buffalo Rick

Even though the Sabres have had a tough week, they deserved  a better outcome vs Tampa and the Islanders.  We put up 42 shots on the Isles and IMO the refs did a number on us late in that Tampa game. The win in Calgary was huge.  So moving forward i believe of the teams we are fighting with, Montreal, Islanders, Pittsburgh,  and Boston, we have the best shot of knocking Montreal out.  Then the Islanders who have just had their hot streak and its not going to last for them.  I am very very solid on the fact we are a better team than Montreal except for one position.  Goalie. But its not glaring enough if Housley has the sense to make Ullmark the guy.  He has played far better than Hutton.  I am about ready to put Hutton on the block.  We have to start winning and last night i am hoping will be a springboard.  We won in one of the toughest buildings in the NHL after a disaster of a game in Edmonton.  I do not hold much stock in that score because Hutton let in 5 on 12 shots. And they had two days to adjust to a very strange place.  The salt mines of the NHL.  Edmonton, Alberta?  Somewhere in the middle of no where. 

We must make a run at the Canadiens and the Bruins and Islanders.  To me its a toss up between Montreal and the Islanders of which team we could knock out. They are not going to have a free ride from the Sabres I assure you

Archived