Please trade Scandellal now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Rick

Scandella killed us last night. We were on Vancouver like a cheap suit, and their young new goalie robbed us time and time again, and then Scandella freakin gave this game away. Did not take his man out.  Hung us out to dry.

Trade Scandella, Hutton and Svobotka in a package to any team stupid enough to take them

LOL...
While I would concede Marco Scandella has NOT been good this year, by any stretch of the imagination, hanging this latest Buffalo loss on him is rather short sighted.

Granted, I didn't see this whole game, but yea, the Vancouver goalie did play really well, and the Vancouver skaters did a good job limiting what the Buffalo offense was trying to do...….NOT unlike what other teams have been doing to Buffalo as they are slowly seeing their way down the standings ladder a bit.

I never did feel Scandella was a fit for the Sabres. He was a perfectly fine 2nd or 3rd pair guy in Minnesota, with their style of defense, but in Buffalo, I find him terribly exposed, being surrounded with much younger talent, which in turn pushes his "veteran presence" more to the forefront.

Not making excuses for Marco...bottom line is, he IS a vet player who probably should be doing better, but his career numbers, particularly those pesky corsi and fenwick numbers, suggest he is not a particularly strong possessions guy....and right now, with all the young talent on Buffalo, the Sabres NEED a strong possesions type guy on their blue line.
Marco ain't it.

He DOES need to be traded...hopefully to a more solid defensive team where his booming point shot and checking tenacity...done from the comfort of a third pairing, or second pairing with a well rounded partner....can shine more than it is.

Honestly, I'd take him back in Minnesota.
In fact, if I am the Minny GM, I'd trade you Jonas Brodin and his 4.1M cap hit with  two years remaining after this one, for Marco's 4M cap hit, with one year remaining.

I would trade the Sabres Brodin's smooth skating, better ice vision, and up n down possession style for Marco's lesser possession style, but better shot, better snarl, AND I read somewhere he was HAPPY playing for the Wild...and didn't at ALL like it when he was traded to Buffalo....and thus, the Wild would get back a more content and "meaner" player on the ice back...something they need right now.

Sabres are NOT a particularly deep team right now. They are losing games for MORE reasons than Scandella turning pucks over or missing an assignment....though I do realize he is contributing to their problems as well.

As for Svobotka...this one REALLY makes me laugh, because some wacky Sabres fan told anyone who would listen, that Svobotka and Berglund's acquisition made the Sabres a WHOLE lot better.....and Ryan O'Reilly wouldn't be missed that much.

Well, Vladi Svobotka is proving he is what most of us already knew he was..... a mostly good bottom sixer, who is VERY replaceable, subject to some bone headed plays, but you can put up with it if the team is deep enough to absorb his mistakes but benefit from him when he is playing his grinder role well.

Ahhh, but the Sabres with their depth problem once again...exposing players who should NOT be playing top six or top pair minutes.....
:bigteeth:

Archived