No matter what happens we cant complain with Botteril

Buffalo Rick

Our GM has done a fabulous job so far.  He could not have known Berglund would go South on us.  He has put us in position to make a run at the playoffs and in a complete rebuild, nobody considered that until we won 10 games in a row.  Then the fans started wanting the Cup in Buffalo this year.  I knew better but I will admit I thought the playoffs were a certainty given the position we were in. Somehow we have let that slip away for now.  But its not like we are back by much.  We can beat Montreal out if we wake up.  Botteril has to cash in these picks for the Kane and O'Reilly deals and then get some free agents.  I would think some would want to play for this team that has Eichel and Sknner and Ristolainen and Dahlin. Those are 4 pretty good guys to build around and Middlestadt also.  Zach Begosian  and Pilut and McCabe have played very well.  The goaltending has been average at best.  Hutton has been a disappointment of late and needs to fix his game fast, or he will be gone.But no matter what happens, we cannot complain about this GM.  The coach?  The jury is still out on Housley

• 3 weeks later...

Archived