The future is here: Carter Hart

OccamsRazor

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

You're not all wrong, but you're not right.  

You could be my wife!

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

despite facing an average of over 35 shots per night.  6 more shots per night

How does this statement👆

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The team is playing better defense.  They're allowing fewer high % shots and a lot more low % shots.  

Square with this statement?👆

You seem to be saying they are giving up lots of shots, while also saying they are giving up less shots. No? Am I missing something?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Podein25 said:

You could be my wife!

How does this statement👆

Square with this statement?👆

You seem to be saying they are giving up lots of shots, while also saying they are giving up less shots. No? Am I missing something?

Ok, I think I misread @King Knut post re shots. Lots of shots but fewer from high danger zones. 

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ok, I think I misread @King Knut post re shots. Lots of shots but fewer from high danger zones. 

Yeah, that’s it on the nose.  

They’re just not asking Hart to make the same saves they needed Elliott, Neuvy, Pickard, McKenna, Lyon, Stolarz (& Hartbin his first few games) to make (which they couldn’t). 

Hart’s still playing better than any of them (although I do like Stolarz’s game too). Being square to the shooter and not needing to flop as much really makes rebound control and subsequent zone exits easier. 

Of course I said this, then they left Pastrnak all alone in the right circle for that goal last night... but nothing’s 100% I guess.  

22 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah Gordon said they are trying to eliminate the dangerous ones...but man last night they had a lot of luck there were so many open nets the Bruins missed wasn't much Hart could have done but his defensemen were standing around a lot and just leaving to much empty space.

Then the "Stabilizing force" (Mcdud his new nick name) just stand right in Krug's face and let's the pass go straight by him to Pastrnak for the goal just after they just attempted that play and missed...man that guy is just worthless.

I cringed many times last night and they haven't played like that the last 4 games...last night they were lucky.

Their defensive zone coverage has to be better...Ivan played well over 30 minutes....

...the other guys???

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c530b582f34555167

On 1/31/2019 at 11:07 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah they do like to clog the neutral zone a lot the Flyers beat them a week or so back 2-1 Flyers just out to a lead quick and they played it safe mostly kind of boring to watch. Carter Hart should have had the shut out but since the Flyers took their foot off the pedal they finally score with 2 minutes left.

If the Flyers didn't have such a shi ity power play they could have had a bigger lead.  

The Stars did beat them in the faceoff circle and that is saying something Flyers are the top faceoff team in the NHL.

Something the Sabres are not good at is face offs.  O'Reilly is supposed to be the best in the NHL percentage wise.  Well, adios to him

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Carter Hart wins rookie of the month.

Hart went 6-2-1 with a 2.33 goals-against average and .931 save percentage in nine January starts. Over that span, he led the NHL in saves with 283.

He has a very good career in front of him no doubt. But lets face it, like my Sabres, you guys need a ton of additions also

Today will be a good test for him to see if he can keep his nerves in check play at home...

IMTEuQtH?format=jpg&name=600x314

Hart... won five straight games to close the month (2.38 GAA, .930 SV%). In doing so, the 20-year-old Sherwood Park, Alta., native became the 10th goaltender in League history to post a five-game winning streak prior to his 21st birthday – and the first to achieve the feat since Carey Price from March 20 – April 5, 2008 (7-0-0 w/ MTL).

Going for 7 in a row.

Impressive!!!

Longest win streak before turning 21.

Jocelyn Thibault (Que) 8-0-0 1994-95

Tom Barrasso (Buf) 7-0-0 1984-85

Carey Price (Mtl) 7-0-0 2007-08

Carter Hart (Phi) 6-0-0 2018-19

Terry Sawchuk (Det) 6-0-0 1950-51

Tom Barrasso (Buf) 6-0-0 1983-84

Tom Barrasso (Buf) 6-0-0 1984-85

Keep it going kid.

NHL's 2nd star of the week....
SECOND STAR - CARTER HART, G, PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Hart went 3-0-0 with a 2.27 goals-against average and .931 save percentage to help the Flyers (23-23-6, 52 points) register a perfect 4-0-0 week and extend the NHL's longest active winning streak to seven games. He began the week by making 31 saves in a 3-1 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Jan. 28. On Jan. 31 he stopped 23 shots in a 3-2 overtime win over the Boston Bruins and capped the week with a career-high 40 save performance in a 5-4 overtime victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Feb. 2. In doing so, the 20-year-old native of Sherwood Park, Alta., extended his personal win streak to six games, becoming the sixth goaltender in NHL history to record a personal win streak as long before celebrating his 21st birthday and first since Montreal's Carey Price in 2007-08 (7-0-0).

28 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart now at .925 save percentage...puts him 4th overall for goalies who've played 15 or more games.

Which would tie him with some kid named Andrei Vasilevsky (not sure who he is i will google him after this post) for 3rd overall in the NHL if he played enough games for it to rank him with all of the goalies.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?report=goaliesummary&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20182019&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,18&sort=savePctg,wins,goalsAgainstAverage

Not sure what the cutoff of games are to rank him, i see they have Curtis Mcelhinney ranked and having played only 18 games.

Regardless 10-5-0-1 2.48 925% are some solid numbers.

He would of had his first shutout if he might not have ventured out of his net and made a bad pass last night.

He will learn from that mistake. He make a better decision next time or at least a better play next time he tries that.

27 minutes ago, brelic said:

The crazy thing is that NONE of the 7 Flyers goalies show up on any stats reports because none qualify for the default minimum games played (18 on the NHL.coom site).

Yeah what I figured don't know why 18 is the strange default minimum but whatever.

Just keep winning. Only important stat.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah what I figured don't know why 18 is the strange default minimum but whatever.

Just keep winning. Only important stat.

It keeps increasing as the season goes on - I'm sure there's some obscure formula under lock and key, right next to the lottery balls.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Which would tie him with some kid named Andrei Vasilevsky (not sure who he is i will google him after this post) for 3rd overall in the NHL if he played enough games for it to rank him with all of the goalies.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?report=goaliesummary&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20182019&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,18&sort=savePctg,wins,goalsAgainstAverage

Not sure what the cutoff of games are to rank him, i see they have Curtis Mcelhinney ranked and having played only 18 games.

Regardless 10-5-0-1 2.48 925% are some solid numbers.

He would of had his first shutout if he might not have ventured out of his net and made a bad pass last night.

He will learn from that mistake. He make a better decision next time or at least a better play next time he tries that.

A better play, sure. The decision was the right one...to cut off the breakaway. It might have been nice if one of the three Flyers trailing the play gave him support on the trailer, since they weren't catching the other guy. Had they, Harts clearing attempt may not have ended up in the net.

59 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

True but we never had one on the roster!

But there will be a banner for Lauren being the "#1 ranked anthemnist in the NHL" as soon as they can find anywhere that actually ranks anthemnists...

🤗

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

But there will be a banner for Lauren being the "#1 ranked anthemnist in the NHL" as soon as they can find anywhere that actually ranks anthemnists...

🤗

Ugh my brother and I still gag every time Lou says that when he introduces her!

I wish they would bring back my favorite Renee Veneziale!

24 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Ugh my brother and I still gag every time Lou says that when he introduces her!

I wish they would bring back my favorite Renee Veneziale!

Lol, is that Steve Penny in goal?

I've never heard of Renee Veneziale! Adorable!

Archived