Alex Stalock Staying Put: 3yrs, $785K AAV

TropicalFruitGirl26

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah and that's why this contract seems kind of odd.

It's just one more red flag a lot of people keep missing.

Because I really do think this:

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

That's a bit different than how I perceived it, but your points are valid concerns.

My intent wasn't so much Stalock doesn't have the ambition, but more so the team has beat him (and previous goalies ahead of him) into submission thinking he's not that good to compete elsewhere. But, they'll keep him here (personality-wise) because he's got his roots here and that's something he really doesn't want to mess with. Wife, kids, etc.

Look at how they treated Harding behind Backstrom, then added Kuemper into the mix. They kept signing Backstrom even though he was a total sieve, yet they kept giving him the majority of ice time.

Parise is here because his wife wanted to move back to Minnesota. Imagine the ups and downs he's had, sacrifices he's made, concessions... Knowing NHL hockey here in The State of Hockey, is ALL about what's in the water and has nothing to do with breaking the hump to do what it takes to win a Cup here.

As far as pushing Dubnyk, there isn't any real push because regardless how he performs (coaches can get as pissed all they want) I really do believe it's the owners choice and whoever he gets behind nothing is going to change it. There's just been way too many foolish moves / decisions supporting that because nothing else (in my mind) would lead me to believe all these head coaches, assistant coaches, GM's and their bone headed scouts with any decent amount of hockey acumen would continue to keep making the same stupid decisions over and over again. One look at how a lot of businesses here in Minnesota function and operate, keep stumbling along, and it becomes clear our professional sports teams really aren't any different.

Archived