Cup Contenders?

Guest orange_crush

He may be the worst goalie in the league. He's certainly close to it. He brings the worst elements of Michael Leighton game on a regular basis.

Sadly, it seems to be true. It's absolutely ironic - in a bad, ugly way - that he's clearly, hands-down, has been the worst goalie wearing orange-and-black going back as far as I can remember. At least the likes of Vanbiesbrook, Sean Burke, Robert Esche, Chechmanek, Boucher, Niitty, Biron, Emery (not necessarily in the right order), all had very respectable regular season numbers. They would inevitably and predictably get exposed in the playoffs, but again, at least they were decent during regular seasons.... so much so that until the playoffs would start, there would be a sentiment that we were finally set in that position.

Bryzgalov is absolutely the worst. And this time, they actually went out of their way to address the goaltending issue. I mean…… every time I think about it, I almost want to throw up. There is not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind that the Flyers realized how colossal the mistake they have made. This stiff and his agent will try to ride the longevity of his contract, even if he spends 70% of the season on the bench. What a joke!

But back to the topic... NO. This is NOT a cup contender as it stands right now. In addition to the evident deficiency (goaltending), this team is way too inconsistent defensively.

What this comes down to...... I doubt we even win the Atlantic, let along the East. The Rangers are better. Pittsburgh is helping he Flyers by not having Crosby and Letang in the lineup, but if those two (or even one) come back and they can get Staal back, their team can beat the Flyers due to a much superior goaltending. But we will lose (probably in 5 games tops) to the Rangers and Bruins. And the reality is, there is not much the Flyers can do to help themselves, unless somehow, miraculously, they will lose Pronger's and Bryzgalov's contracts. Even then, to improve the roster *this* season before the start of the 2012 free agency, they would have to give up some valuable assets, and that will hardly accomplish anything.

It's a messy situation.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic