Robitaille sends STH a message for the Future

hf101

The LA Kings sent out an exclusive letter from President Luc Robitaille on Monday night to Season Ticket Holders after trading Jake Muzzin.  This and other moves the team hopes to execute before the trade deadline and beyond will be made in an effort to become younger, more skilled, faster and with a wider array of picks, prospects and assets.

From Luc Robitaille, to LA Kings Season Ticket Members:

We entered this season with high expectations, however our results have been absolutely unacceptable.

Today we began a difficult but necessary step for our franchise. As we move forward, we will continue to relentlessly pursue and develop talent to become a team that is capable of winning in today’s NHL.

We are deeply grateful to all of the players and coaches that have helped us achieve our goals to date. We will never forget, or minimize, their tremendous contributions during what has been the most successful era in LA Kings history.

Moving forward, we will diligently and tirelessly work to execute our vision. Our goal is to deliver a performance worthy of your amazing support and loyalty — and most of all, bring the Stanley Cup back to Los Angeles.

Sincerely,

Luc Robitaille
President

Whose next to go?

Hmmm..first the Rangers, now the Kings....

Is this a thing now?
Teams are going into rebuild mode and put out these kinds of notices?

Not so sure if this is a good thing or not.
Are season ticket holders REALLY going to say, "oh well, since you put it that way, we WON'T be cancelling next year's tickets" ?

I get nobody likes a rebuild, but it is a part of the life cycle of any franchise....although some franchises DO take rebuilding to ridiculous levels (**cough, Edmonton...COUGH...**).

Anyways...should an organization be applauded for "informing" their STH this way, or would the fanbase simply be giving the franchise an "easy out", and then, regardless of how long a rebuild takes, the organization can always say, "Well, we DID tell you...."

I guess it all depends on the kinds of moves made.
If the organization is going to rebuild, yet they keep making stupid move after stupid move (likely in an effort to simply save money), then NO amount of pre-emptive strikes in the form of letters to the STH'ers will do.
I speak from experience on this because back when the Bolts were still a joke of an organization, they were signing players to literally finish out their failing NHL careers in a warm state...and many of them didn't even seem to care whether they won or lost games.

The Tampa Bay Lightning became like a retirement team....disgusting to see, and as a season ticket holder, we said "Enough!" and cancelled any future orders for season seats.

If the organization truly does things to try and better themselves (and it is plain to see...not just them saying so), then I think fans can give them a mulligan on it.
Drafting players with real upside, hiring and maintaining real hockey people, etc.....

Not saying the Kings informing their fanbase is a bad idea, but I just worry that teams will use this tactic as if to say, "Well, we are gonna suck, but we still would like your money, so no matter how long it takes, just keep paying for season tickets till one day we are good again"

Fans just need to look for themselves and see what is likely going on....not just take the word of the team president/CEO/owner.

• 4 weeks later...

🍻

On 1/30/2019 at 5:16 AM, hf101 said:

The LA Kings sent out an exclusive letter from President Luc Robitaille on Monday night to Season Ticket Holders after trading Jake Muzzin.  This and other moves the team hopes to execute before the trade deadline and beyond will be made in an effort to become younger, more skilled, faster and with a wider array of picks, prospects and assets.

From Luc Robitaille, to LA Kings Season Ticket Members:

We entered this season with high expectations, however our results have been absolutely unacceptable.

Today we began a difficult but necessary step for our franchise. As we move forward, we will continue to relentlessly pursue and develop talent to become a team that is capable of winning in today’s NHL.

We are deeply grateful to all of the players and coaches that have helped us achieve our goals to date. We will never forget, or minimize, their tremendous contributions during what has been the most successful era in LA Kings history.

Moving forward, we will diligently and tirelessly work to execute our vision. Our goal is to deliver a performance worthy of your amazing support and loyalty — and most of all, bring the Stanley Cup back to Los Angeles.

Sincerely,

Luc Robitaille
President

Whose next to go?

See my thread--that Just went up--for the answer. :D
🍻: https://www.hockeyforums.net/topic/72222-trade-deadline-strategy-for-this-year-and-next/

On 1/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, Villette/Lavaux said:

Jeff Carter could be next

I could see Robi and Co. considering that route: Carter's ghastly injury last year
may have them wracking their noggins. But they may keep him forever given

they got him in exchange for a guy who has yet to prove himself on the ice:

😜

Archived