Calgary Flames @ Carolina Hurricanes, Sunday 3-1-2019 2 pm, PNC Arena

Hockey-78

21 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Mrazek is an anti-Dubnyk - fast movement from post to post.

Heh...say what you want about Duby, but I'd rather have Dubnyk over Mrazek any day.
I've watched enough Detroit, Philadelphia, and Carolina games "starring" Mr. Mrazek to know he is as streaky as they come...and worse.... he is easily flustered if things don't go right for him or his team on the ice.

At least Dubnyk keeps his cool.

And this Calgary team is downright dangerous...despite the inexperience in the playoffs for some of their players...particularly Rittich.

Mike Smith is Mike Smith for Calgary...reliable, when healthy....but not an elite netminder by any stretch, though he DOES have more playoff experience.

I am not sold on the Hurricanes being playoff ready yet.
They need some more depth past their top line, their defense needs to tighten up a bit better, and Mrazek himself....VERY unproven for playoff purposes.

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

At least Dubnyk keeps his cool.

When the going gets tough (playoffs), he loses his marbles. Mrazek has better career playoffs numbers.

Mrazek hasn't been yanked once this season, Dubnyk - how many?

Sorry but I disagree with you.

1 minute ago, Hockey-78 said:

When the going gets tough (playoffs), he loses his marbles. Mrazek has better career playoffs numbers.

Mrazek hasn't been yanked once this season, Dubnyk - how many?

Sorry but I disagree with you.

That's ok...disagree away.
You can have Mrazek, I'll take Dubnyk.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

And yet, with much better playoff record than Dubnyk. What does that make Dubnyk then - very very unproven?

Dubnyk has more than twice the number of games played.
Mrazek files under "much smaller sample size".

I wonder if he would look so shiny if he did play as many games in the playoffs as Dubnyk.
Oh, yea, then there is the regular season which is NEEDED to get their team to the playoffs in the first place.....and Dubnyk is easily better there, being a workhorse goalie too.

Calgary with some lack of discipline...THIS is one area I wonder if they can pass the test, so to speak in playoff scenarios.

They give the Canes a chance on the PP with some unnecessary roughing...… they can't do things like that against the better teams in the postseason.

Let's see if the Canes can take advantage of this.....tie game is there for the taking for them.

The Flames Gaudreau and Monahan up front and Giordano and Brodie on the blue line are awesome forces to be reckoned with...I will give that much ALL day long.

And if you think you have them covered, then guys like Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin (ooo, look, former Canes!) will get ya...

I still think Calgary gives up way too many prime scoring chances for a top team, but I suppose as long as their goaltending holds up and they can continue to score themselves, it may not be as big an issue as I think it might be come the post season.

18 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Dubnyk has more than twice the number of games played.
Mrazek files under "much smaller sample size".

I wonder if he would look so shiny if he did play as many games in the playoffs as Dubnyk.
Oh, yea, then there is the regular season which is NEEDED to get their team to the playoffs in the first place.....and Dubnyk is easily better there, being a workhorse goalie too.

What good is there to be playing more games if you lose almost all of them. Mrazek has 10 full games. Dubnyk's record after his first 10 full games is a whopping 4-12! VERY proven in losing. What good is it to have good regular season numbers if you never can cut it in the playoffs...

Oh yeah, our ALL-STAR goalie showed his class in the ALL-STAR game, giving up soft goals from left and right.

2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

What good is there to be playing more games if you lose almost all of them. Mrazek has 10 full games. Dubnyk's record after his first 10 full games is a whopping 4-12! VERY proven in losing. What good is it to have good regular season numbers if you never can cut it in the playoffs...

Oh yeah, our ALL-STAR goalie showed his class in the ALL-STAR game, giving up soft goals from left and right.

Well, again...we will see when and IF Mr. Mrazek can take his team anywhere what he is made of.

Oh, and Mrazek didn't like that last goal scored by the Flames..... now he looks a bit shaky with continued pressure from Calgary.
Par the course for him...Canes fans best hope it doesn't get the better of him. ;)

Archived