Who would you trade Hart for?

Claude Monet

10 minutes ago, King Knut said:

He'd be perfect on the Flyers.  Put him on the ice for 20 minutes, Giroux for 20 minutes and Couturier on the ice for 20 minutes and don't commit a penalty.   

That's what the Oilers could do with McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins, but there is literally no talent on the wings in Edmonton. Too bad they don't have somebody like Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle. Guys like that would fit nicely.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

That's what the Oilers could do with McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins, but there is literally no talent on the wings in Edmonton. Too bad they don't have somebody like Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle. Guys like that would fit nicely.

I just wonder if Edmonton could ever draft guys like that..... :shifty:

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

How are you supposed to win a cup on that team? Or win playoff rounds?

I don't know but they need to figure it out or they will end up wasting Mcdavid's career...it would start with finding a goalie.

Rebuild from the net out i think.

When is the last time they have spent the resources even equivalent of at least a 2nd round pick on a goalie??

You have to go all the way back to 2004 in Devan Dubnyk.

Then they give up on him and trade him for Matt friggin Hendricks is all they get??

Since the 1st on Dubnyk this is who they drafted.

2006 5th rd Bryan Pitton

2009 5th rd Oliver Roy

2010 5th rd Tyler Bunz

2011 3rd rd Samu Perhonen and 7th rd Frans Tuohimaa 

2014 4th rd Zach Nagelvoort and 7th rd Keven Bouchard

2015 7th rd Miroslav Svoboda 

2016 5th rd Dylan Wells 

2017 3rd rd Stuart Skinner Hey finally at least a 3rd rounder!!!!!!

2018 2nd rd Olivier Rodrigue WHAT!!! A 2nd round pick?? Are you kidding me!!!  

So really since Dubnyk it has been a collection of throwing stuff at the wall to see if something sticks.

You need a goalie in the league to get to the place where you want to go. I think Hart is the guy for the Flyers.

Now they need ore than a goalie but finding one is a huge step. Some D men would be nice too. Baby steps.

Will the Oilers ever land one??? It's not looking good but hey they have Mcdavid!!!!

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't know but they need to figure it out or they will end up wasting Mcdavid's career...it would start with finding a goalie.

Rebuild from the net out i think.

When is the last time they have spent the resources even equivalent of at least a 2nd round pick on a goalie??

You have to go all the way back to 2004 in Devan Dubnyk.

Then they give up on him and trade him for Matt friggin Hendricks is all they get??

Since the 1st on Dubnyk this is who they drafted.

2006 5th rd Bryan Pitton

2009 5th rd Oliver Roy

2010 5th rd Tyler Bunz

2011 3rd rd Samu Perhonen and 7th rd Frans Tuohimaa 

2014 4th rd Zach Nagelvoort and 7th rd Keven Bouchard

2015 7th rd Miroslav Svoboda 

2016 5th rd Dylan Wells 

2017 3rd rd Stuart Skinner Hey finally at least a 3rd rounder!!!!!!

2018 2nd rd Olivier Rodrigue WHAT!!! A 2nd round pick?? Are you kidding me!!!  

So really since Dubnyk it has been a collection of throwing stuff at the wall to see if something sticks.

You need a goalie in the league to get to the place where you want to go. I think Hart is the guy for the Flyers.

Now they need ore than a goalie but finding one is a huge step. Some D men would be nice too. Baby steps.

Will the Oilers ever land one??? It's not looking good but hey they have Mcdavid!!!!

Right. And none of that should be blamed on McDavid. As much as I love what Hart is doing...if I get to pick a player to start a team, it's McDavid. 

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Right. And none of that should be blamed on McDavid. As much as I love what Hart is doing...if I get to pick a player to start a team, it's McDavid. 

Well, other than Jon Sim, I think you mean, right?

49 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

And to think how mad I got about Bobrovsky... can you even imagine?

10 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Yes. Yes, I can.    lol

Sorry Dude.  At least you have the best player in the world. 

Took Lemieux a while to get the right team and the league apparently doesn't just hand over cups to "the next best player" like they did to Crosby anymore I guess.

Hang in there.  Maybe you'll hire Hextall :)

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure. The 2nd player would be Hart.

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Most of the fans in Edmonton are savages, as per Dustin Penner, but they've been damned near been traumatized by an entire generation of complete and total incompetence and disregard for the money they spend on the team in the form of tickets, jerseys, etc.

The sad thing is that there was a decent supporting cast there; they just had to round it out and actually develop a player or two. Chiarelli refused, though, and almost immediately began crippling the team with terrible trades (Griffin Reinhart essentially for Matthew Barzal, the Hall deal, etc). If the Oilers had painted a face on a rock and stuck it in the GM seat, they would be perfectly fine today.

But, it was never destined to happen. The men who hired him are also incompetent. I've mentioned it before, but the Oilers have, for a very long time operated from the Bad Process / Bad Result approach to running a team.

image.png

I don't see a way out, either.

I just got through reading the book titled "Net Worth" copyright 1991. You probably have read it. I didn't remember hearing about it back then, but I just happened upon it while on vacation in of all places, Mexico. For me, it was a tremendously enlightning book. 

Are the current ownwership group of the Oilers the kind of old school guys that would still resent the power a player, especially one with McDavids ability, has "over them" and would actually use that against him by not giving him a decent supporting cast? Or are these type personalities(attitudes) of the powers that be(owners) pretty much gone from the game? I realize that book was written almost 30 years ago so things have more than likely changed...

Some of the personnel decisions they have made have been so bad one wonders how/why they could have been made.

41 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

I just got through reading the book titled "Net Worth" copyright 1991. You probably have read it. I didn't remember hearing about it back then, but I just happened upon it while on vacation in of all places, Mexico. For me, it was a tremendously enlightning book. 

Are the current ownwership group of the Oilers the kind of old school guys that would still resent the power a player, especially one with McDavids ability, has "over them" and would actually use that against him by not giving him a decent supporting cast? Or are these type personalities(attitudes) of the powers that be(owners) pretty much gone from the game? I realize that book was written almost 30 years ago so things have more than likely changed...

Some of the personnel decisions they have made have been so bad one wonders how/why they could have been made.

I *have* read Net Worth (just mentioned it this morning in another thread, actually). Excellent book.

I would be surprised if Oilers management purposely had a weak cast around out of spite, a la Jack Adams. They're a proud group and loathe losing. One time, after a loss, Kevin Lowe completely trashed the Oilers dressing room. I'm talking broken sticks everywhere, broken stalls, ceiling tiles smashed to pieces. I fully believe that the last 12 years have been killing him.

They want to win. They just don't know how to do it.

19 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

A little early to be putting that on him.

Maybe i feel comfortable with it i have watched the Flyers since about 1991 and i have never seen a goalie put on the orange and black and play like i have seen from weather the goalie is 28, 30 or even 32 years old....NEVER...and from him to be just 20 years old, yeah i'm comfortable thinking this is the guy.

I think he will only get better and better....the only think they need to do is build around him and keep him safe away from fast cars and keep him healthy and able to do his job. All he needs is a goalie who is good enough to keep winning when he is resting.

You?? You do you, feel however you like. Me i'm good.

This kid is a Super star in the making...and it's not just me i am waking up to them doing another piece on him and his youth (with Alex Tanguay) on the NHLnetwork. They too know it.

I have never seen a Flyers player ever get the rave reviews i have seen from Mike Johnson and Brian Lawton. It would even bigger if he played for a Canadian team like Toronto or the Oilers.

And Kevin Weekes loves loves this kid and already has said he is the next great one between the pipes for years to come.

And said he is as close as a generational talent in goal as you will see with ability to steal games and points by himself.

So i am not the only chirping about him there are a lot of folks doing it....i am just glad he is a Flyer and look forward to what it brings.

Now let's go get a Cup with him and not waste him. 

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe i feel comfortable with it i have watched the Flyers since about 1991 and i have never seen a goalie put on the orange and black and play like i have seen from weather the goalie is 28, 30 or even 32 years old....NEVER...and from him to be just 20 years old, yeah i'm comfortable thinking this is the guy.

I think he will only get better and better....the only think they need to do is build around him and keep him safe away from fast cars and keep him healthy and able to do his job. All he needs is a goalie who is good enough to keep winning when he is resting.

You?? You do you, feel however you like. Me i'm good.

This kid is a Super star in the making...and it's not just me i am waking up to them doing another piece on him and his youth (with Alex Tanguay) on the NHLnetwork. They too know it.

I have never seen a Flyers player ever get the rave reviews i have seen from Mike Johnson and Brian Lawton. It would even bigger if he played for a Canadian team like Toronto or the Oilers.

And Kevin Weekes loves loves this kid and already has said he is the next great one between the pipes for years to come.

And said he is as close as a generational talent in goal as you will see with ability to steal games and points by himself.

So i am not the only chirping about him there are a lot of folks doing it....i am just glad he is a Flyer and look forward to what it brings.

Now let's go get a Cup with him and not waste him. 

I'm as excited about him as you. I've been watching the Flyers even longer...felt the pain of losing Lindbergh. Saw Bernie be the best.  I've been pumped about him since Hextall selected him. But I also know he's only just barely started his career. So I'll pump the brakes on him just a bit.

Archived