Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Claude Monet

Who would you trade Hart for?

Recommended Posts

My friend sent me a text saying the Flyers traded Hart to the rangers...( this is the guy who gives me Winterhawks tixs...and knows how Hart broke the Winterhawks dreams) I knew it was a joke but still......

 

given phillys goalie situation... would you trade Hart straight up for mc David? I say no considering how many assets the flyers have coming up . I have dreamed for this goalie since ‘87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Claude Monet said:

My friend sent me a text saying the Flyers traded Hart to the rangers...( this is the guy who gives me Winterhawks tixs...and knows how Hart broke the Winterhawks dreams) I knew it was a joke but still......

 

given phillys goalie situation... would you trade Hart straight up for mc David? I say no considering how many assets the flyers have coming up . I have dreamed for this goalie since ‘87

 

Connor Mcdavid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

My friend sent me a text saying the Flyers traded Hart to the rangers...( this is the guy who gives me Winterhawks tixs...and knows how Hart broke the Winterhawks dreams) I knew it was a joke but still......

 

given phillys goalie situation... would you trade Hart straight up for mc David? I say no considering how many assets the flyers have coming up . I have dreamed for this goalie since ‘87

 

You really know how to get an internet forum riled up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Claude Monet You wouldn't trade a 20-year old goalie with 16 games under his belt for a guy who, in 3 seasons, has two Art Ross trophies, two Lindsays, and a Hart Trophy? He would have *2* Harts if he hadn't been jobbed out of it last year by his own club, who left him powerless to a media who obssess on an MVP's team making the playoffs.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

My friend sent me a text saying the Flyers traded Hart to the rangers...( this is the guy who gives me Winterhawks tixs...and knows how Hart broke the Winterhawks dreams) I knew it was a joke but still......

 

given phillys goalie situation... would you trade Hart straight up for mc David? I say no considering how many assets the flyers have coming up . I have dreamed for this goalie since ‘87

 

you don't...... end of story.

 

I agree with @elmatus ... can you imagine the firestorm on this place if they Flyers traded Hart .....   OMG, Fletcher and company would have to go into a witness protection program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hf101 said:

@ruxpin  is probably the only person who would trade Hart.     :ph34r:

Lol

 

I've had it on my screen twice, including last night. Just can't hit "send."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade Carter Hart?
And then the Flyers go back to....what? Elliot/Nuevirth/Lyon/Stolarz/Cechmanek/Boucher??? :ph34r:

 

And what is this flim flam about Connor McDavid?
I know Edmonton has some terrible management, but even THEY wouldn't do a trade like that.

 

Man....these cold temps, large amounts of snow, and slippery roads are having a strange effect on some of our forum dwellers.... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I know Edmonton has some terrible management, but even THEY wouldn't do a trade like that.

 

So that should let you know how i feel about moving Hart.

 

It would have to be Mcdavid to keep Fletcher safe and keep the fans from burning Philly down.

 

It really is a silly question to begin with.

 

But hey i played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hf101 said:

@ruxpin  is probably the only person who would trade Hart.     :ph34r:

 

Well that makes two then...since rux is rad. And I don't mean radical.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Uggh... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

Well that makes two then...since rux is rad. And I don't mean radical.

 

I can't tell if this theory of yours is an insult to rad or a compliment to rux, or both.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

I can't tell if this theory of yours is an insult to rad or a compliment to rux, or both.

There is no both. There is only Zuul. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

There is no both. There is only Zuul. 


You may have to explain that one to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

Well that makes two then...since rux is rad. And I don't mean radical.

 

Well, first off, Rux IS rad....I don't care what anyone thinks or what proof they have that he committed those other crimes....:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

I can't tell if this theory of yours is an insult to rad or a compliment to rux, or both.

 It is both...yet neither... :shifty:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Cup years without a great goalie were special. Oh wait. I don't even trade Hart for McDavid, unless we can get in the Delorean and get Grant Fuhr in his prime, as well. This franchise finally woke up that it needs a great goalie. I say we don't ruin it.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

@Claude Monet You wouldn't trade a 20-year old goalie with 16 games under his belt for a guy who, in 3 seasons, has two Art Ross trophies, two Lindsays, and a Hart Trophy? He would have *2* Harts if he hadn't been jobbed out of it last year by his own club, who left him powerless to a media who obssess on an MVP's team making the playoffs.

 

 

 

As insane as it sounds on the surface, I wouldn't trade Hart for McDavid, either. Don't get me wrong, McDavid is my favorite player to watch today. No one else is close. However, you're not going to win in the playoffs 9-8. For as much as the NHL stresses offense, you need that guy - particularly in May and June, to stop the puck.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

As insane as it sounds on the surface, I wouldn't trade Hart for McDavid, either. Don't get me wrong, McDavid is my favorite player to watch today. No one else is close. However, you're not going to win in the playoffs 9-8. For as much as the NHL stresses offense, you need that guy - particularly in May and June, to stop the puck.

 

Hart *could* be that guy; we don't know yet. I think he has a chance, but as of now, he's a kid playing lights-out. Remember four years ago, when nobody around here would trade Ghost for anything, and I was saying "Hey, he's having one hell of a rookie year, but let the short-term effects wear off to get a better idea of where he settles in"? Hart's about 6 weeks into his NHL career. We don't know if this is him or if this is a heater.

 

I hear what you're saying about goaltending. You can get away with a bad position player or two and win a Cup. Can't do with that goaltending, because they have such a profound effect on a team. Hell, I've watched Cam Talbot give up a goal on the first shot in 24 games the last two years. I've seen what it can do. For my part, I prefer the Ken Holland approach: build a strong team that plays a two-way game, and even middling goaltending will do.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Hart *could* be that guy; we don't know yet.

 

McDavid *could* be that guy, we don't know yet.

 

Either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Podein25 said:


You may have to explain that one to me.

Ghostbusters reference. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is literally no NHL player I would trade Carter Hart for straight up. 

 

Edmonton has proven that while McDavid is a special player, without a goalie what does it matter? 

 

No, I don't do that. 

 

I would begrudgingly consider Carlson, Samsonov, and a 1st rounder. But I'm not excited about it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The outside looking in has come real close to being in the door, and that has come from two different choices...

 

#1 Sh#! canning Hackstol

 

#2 Carter Hart

 

In no way, shape or form do the flyers even THINK about trading away the undisputed netminder for the next 10-12 years.

 

You always hear the talk of "build a team from the netminder out"....It's time to start building out.

Edited by Brewin Flames
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

McDavid *could* be that guy, we don't know yet.

 

Either.

 

Are you having a laugh? He's been tracking as a guy that could be a perennial MVP candidate since before he was shaving, and thus far in his NHL career hasn't disappointed. Is it maybe just slightly possible that after 261 of McDavid in the league, we might have a better idea of where he stands in comparison to a rookie who has played 16?

 

I'm not crapping on Hart, and I'm not saying I would be in any sort of rush to trade him if I were the Flyers. They've been chasing a great starter for decades, and have moved heaven and earth in that time, trying to find that man. I would be thrilled with the arrows: they're all pointing up with little lights around them. I'm saying that maybe, before rushing to exclaim him as being untradeable for even the consensus pick as the best player in the world, folks wait until there's even just a little bit of road in the rear view mirror?

 

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

 

Are you having a laugh? He's been tracking as a guy that could be a perennial MVP candidate since before he was shaving, and thus far in his NHL career hasn't disappointed.

 

 

Yeah sure best player in hockey yeah no doubt...but one guy can't do it alone.

 

It took one of the best in the game (AO) 13 years to win a Cup.

 

It's really the only accolade i care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

The outside looking in has come real close to being in the door, and that has come from two different choices...

 

#1 Sh#! canning Hackstol

 

#2 Carter Hart

 

In no way, shape or form do the flyers even THINK about trading away the undisputed netminder for the next 10-12 years.

 

You always hear the talk of "build a team from the netminder out"....It's time to start building out.

 

I agree. No one do we trade these guy. This is really just a stir the pot type of thread on a slow day. Not much to see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      @Claude Monet You wouldn't trade a 20-year old goalie with 16 games under his belt for a guy who, in 3 seasons, has two Art Ross trophies, two Lindsays, and a Hart Trophy? He would have *2* Harts if he hadn't been jobbed out of it last year by his own club, who left him powerless to a media who obssess on an MVP's team making the playoffs.      
    • 4
      Post
      Well that makes two then...since rux is rad. And I don't mean radical.
    • 4
      Post
      I didn’t start the thread but did throw out the Mcdavid idea... while at the bar consuming beers😳    
    • 4
      Post
      Well, other than Jon Sim, I think you mean, right?
    • 3
      Post
      Ghostbusters reference. 
    • 3
      Post
      I have to say, it's hilarious to me how we're currently debating the finer points of trading Hart for McDavid. This is the forum equivalent of NHL19.   Anyway, Hart is amazing clearly, but anyone who would pass up the unbridled talent of McDavid is not thinking things through imo. Thankfully, even Edmonton would never do this type of trade, so it's a moot point.   Put in more simpler terms: Does Hart become the best goalie of the next 10 years? It's possible I suppose, but we

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...