Game 55: Ducks at Flyers; 2/9/19 at 1

Howie58

Greetings:

We are heavy favorites against a weak Ducks squad that is getting worse over time:

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/ducks-at-flyers-2919-nhl-picks-and-predictions/

Anaheim is on a six game losing streak and scoring has dried up.

https://www.scoresandstats.com/previews/hockey/NHL/ducks-vs-flyers-preview-and-predictions/389153/

On paper, this should be a win.  Hopefully, the O and B are angry about the loss to LA and come out smoking.  

Image result for amazing carter hart save gif

I really want to watch this game tonight.

It's time checkout his goal from last night.

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS 

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick -17 Wayne Simmonds
44 Phil Varone - 20 Mikhail Vorobyev - 12 Michael Raffl

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 5 Phil Myers

79 Carter Hart
[41 Anthony Stolarz]

Scratches: 26 Christian Folin (healthy), 56 Mike McKenna (AHL conditioning assignment), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

DUCKS

67 Rickard Rakell - 15 Ryan Getzlaf - 10 Corey Perry
24 Carter Rowney -14 Adam Henrique - 33 Jakob Silfverberg
29 Devin Shore - 17 Ryan Kesler - 23 Brian Gibbons
37 Nick Ritchie - 11 Daniel Sprong - 38 Derek Grant

47 Hampus Lindholm - 42 Josh Manson
4 Cam Fowler - 26 Brandon Montour
44 Michael Del Zotto - 43 Jaycob Megna

1 Chad Johnson
[40 Kevin Boyle]

Scratches:18 Patrick Eaves (healthy), 22 Adam Cracknell (healthy), 45 Andy Welinski (healthy), 36 John Gibson (upper body, day-to-day), 30 Ryan Miller (IR, sprained MCL, is with the team on the road trip), 25 Ondrej Kase (IR, shoulder).

So who would sit in Myers place??

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Nice shot Varone. Once they finally got a little pressure in the zone, they capitalized. Well done. 1-0 Flyers. Hart is on again today.

Is Myers in the lineup?

I'm at the state museum with family and friends can't watch.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is Myers in the lineup?

I'm at the state museum with family and friends can't watch.

No. Is that family museum named Chuck E. Cheese by any chance?

I know on the surface, you give the offense the credit for 6 goals BUT Carter Hart is the reason for the turnaround for the whole team. They can play their brand of game, and not have the air taken out of their collective balloons by a bad goal. Damned well about the organ-eye-zation woke the hell up.

Couturier has points in 12 of his last 13 games, a stretch in which he has put up eight goals, 11 assists and a plus-14 rating.

Since Oct. 30, the 26-year-old center has 45 points (20 goals, 25 assists) in 42 games. He's on pace for a new career-high 35 goals.

Varone played just 9:31 but had a goal, an assist and was a plus-3, while Raffl scored a shorthanded goal, tallied an assist and was a plus-3.

Man this kid...

Bring on the Penguins!!!

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@ruxpin

I seen you ask this somewhere...

...so you have to see white for it to be offsides looks as close as you can get...

The entire time, I didn't think it would be overturned but was then really ticked when it wasn't.    I know they were looking long and hard at it from the ice-level camera along the blueline.  I could tell what they were looking at from where I was sitting but could see what they were seeing.  

They played the video above multiple times in the arena, and it was one of those where the eyes were going to interpret it the way the heart wanted.   But I really could never tell from that angle what the backside of the puck was doing, whether it was touching or not.

From the comfort of my chair now at home, that looks clearly out.  I wonder if it looked otherwise from the ice-level camera.

Well one thing is for sure the Penguins lost tonight and they square off in a huge game monday.

Flyers win and they will be 4 points back.

They need this win in regulation.

But it won't do much good if the lose tueday night to the Wild.

@OccamsRazor

Not for nothing, but our 2nd unit PP is much better than our first.   They need to hurry up and recognize that and get them on the ice sooner than 35-40 seconds left.  The passes are better, the entry, the looks on the net, etc.  

There was such a lack of energy on the 1st unit and just standing around.  I also don't like Giroux on the point.  It's just a horrible waste of him on the powerplay.  

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I know on the surface, you give the offense the credit for 6 goals BUT Carter Hart is the reason for the turnaround for the whole team. They can play their brand of game, and not have the air taken out of their collective balloons by a bad goal. Damned well about the organ-eye-zation woke the hell up.

*Add the word time between the words about and the in the last sentence, snd it makes sense. LOL.

Archived