Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Howie58

Game 56: Penguins at Flyers; 2/11/19 @ 7

Flyers playing well enough to make this meeting a worthy watch.
A few weeks ago, this could have easily been just a bump in the road for the Pens.

Looking forward to this one.

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Flyers playing well enough to make this meeting a worthy watch.
A few weeks ago, this could have easily been just a bump in the road for the Pens.

Looking forward to this one.

Thank God there's a Philly broadcast. Sorry to anyone who has to suffer with Regis and Co. Who wants to do a shot of Captain Morgan every time Regis mentions Kristofer Letang?😁

Edited by FD19372

Late hit by Simmonds....refs let it go.
Let's see if they are consistent about that.

I've seen interference called for less than what Wayne did.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it if the refs just let guys finish checks, but we all know how the officiating can be at times.

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crosby scores...and as John Forslund would say, "The Penguins are off n running  diving"

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Forgot the one that he scores and scores again

Wow...
Flyers PP robbed on a missed call by the officials...AWFULLY fast whistle on a puck Matt Murray NEVER had control of!!
Flyers scored, but refs said no goal

I don't like whiny fans, but I can't blame fans for booing the refs on that one.

If this game turns into a one goal loss for Philly......oh my...

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

ARE YOU @#$% Kidding me!!!!

Looks like the @#$% refs will make sure that the Pens win this game

17 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Forgot the one that he scores and scores again

With Pierre?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, darthbal said:

ARE YOU @#$% Kidding me!!!!

Looks like the @#$% refs will make sure that the Pens win this game

That was horrible.

Not so sure about "making sure the Pens win the game", but that fast whistle was most DEFINITELY %$#@ed up!

I’m speechless after that one.

(ok I lied as I joined the ref you suck chant)

Edited by Poulin20

Flyers aren't being shy about putting pucks to the net.... 32-14 SOG advantage for Philly as I type this....almost done with the 2nd.
Should have been a 2-1 game at this point though.

Worst part about that fast whistle...now the refs may further screw up the game by trying to find ways to "make up" the call.
Trumped up calls could be coming, which will anger players, which may lead to a cluster$#@! of a game rather than the good hard hockey they have been playing to this point.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 2

Atrocious early whistle on what should have been a goal for the Flyers, but even though we're outshooting the Penguins by quite a bit, the increase in quality of these chances has to be there.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow Flyers just can't capitalize on their chances dear Gawd it's hard to watch.

Well, Flyers actually DID...refs just took it from them with a bogus whistle.

Matt Murray giving up some big rebounds......I will say, if the Flyers can do a better job getting to the front of the net, they can put in some ugly ones.
That was the kind of goal they did get after all.....before the refs took it away.

Murray is playing well...real well on the ranged shots, but he is having difficulty with the close up stuff...but no Flyers yet can really take advantage.
If I see this, the coaching staff surely can.
There needs to be some talk about that in the dressing room.

Fast whistles be damned....

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Atrocious early whistle on what should have been a goal for the Flyers, but even though we're outshooting the Penguins by quite a bit, the increase in quality of these chances has to be there.

Yes I agree. That was a quick whistle did he lose sight of it

Just now, notfondajane said:

Yes I agree. That was a quick whistle did he lose sight of it

Regis told him to blow the play dead.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Regis told him to blow the play dead.

I thought Regis was a Flyers fan?

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, Flyers actually DID...refs just took it from them with a bogus whistle.

Yeah I know but I'm trying to keep my blood pressure in check.

They missed several good shots and then to go 0 for 3 on the powerplay.

It's not all on that play.

Murray's first game back and he already has 37 saves not enough quality shots.

Now they go into the 3rd needing 2 goals.

Not the game I imagined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notfondajane said:

I thought Regis was a Flyers fan?

All I can say is Valentine's Day is comin up, and Regis ain't sendin a dozen roses to Giroux.

• Like 1