Wild vs. Flyers 2/12/19 @ 7PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild Squander Early Lead in 5-4 Loss to the Flyers

This one was so predictable.  Wild with a day off playing the Flyers who were on the 2nd game of a back-to-back.  The Wild start out slow, had to chase...the youngsters power them to a lead.  Then the Wild stop playing the youngsters, pee away a 4-minute penalty they didn't deserve and then more or less chase the rest of the way until they found a way to lose it.  Oh and its on home ice?  That fits the trend too.  Coyle keeps passing up shots, Zucker is completely MIA...this team is way too comfortable.  I'd make this team stay in a hotel while its at home.  Zero accountability.  Suter doesn't give a schitt at all.  Kids get cold, then get broken up...not sure why.  Well deserved boo's for this team at the end.  Full game recap and some prospect news too.  Enjoy and discuss.  

7 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Rask hurt. Hendricks hurt. When does Aberg get back? Did the Wild offer Mauer a tryout?

Aberg's on IR, so probably not for a while.  To be honest I didn't think it was as bad of a deal as the Wild made it out to be.  Especially in the 3rd period the Wild were not going to be playing Rask or Hendricks much at all anyways.  But they couldn't help themselves but to try to use it as an excuse for being MORE TIRED despite playing another team that was on the 2nd night of a back to back.  

Mauer played basketball in high school.  All he knows is how to do is to milk the hometown kid status to its fullest.

11 hours ago, Megawild said:

Not sure how that wasn't goalie interference, but TBH I don't understand most rules these days it seems...

He got pushed into the goalie by a Wild player and he wasn't in the crease.

A good call on that. 

Hell you guys already were gifted the penalty on Hagg by Greenway stick clip.

This team with a healthy roster could find a way to lose to a team that only has 2 players on it, goalie and wing. I love the 1000 mile stare Dubs must have had on that one goal. Zucker is so bad you forget he is even there. Way to go Zucks on signing that contract and pulling a Suter, aka completely stopping playing. And why is Coyle scared to shoot? My guess is Coyle will be the next guy to go. I can see him going to Boston and looking fantastic there. And Suter... Wow! Anybody who thinks he is anything but a money pit needs to leave the sport of hockey. I hope people will start taunting him all the time. He deserves it! Zero passion and zero care on his part. What a POS!

At this point, if you don't think this team needs to be in a full rebuilt then you are either a completely blind homer or Craig Leipolds family member. If we don't rebuild now we will have 6 more years of this before the rebuild will have to start then. The core is shot. Yea, it sucks you blew big money on either average players or just a hair above average players but it's time to let them know they are no longer the core and will not be catered too. Maybe it's time to make it as uncomfortable for the core as possible so maybe they want to waive their NTC and see if we can flush them out. The core has rotted and focusing on them is showing that the team continues to take steps backwards. Think about how bad the Hawks were just a month or two ago. They are 4 points behind us. Once the bottom now have a very real shot at a WC spot. By the end of the week they will probably be a head of us! And you think the Wild have a real shot at ever winning a Cup with this roster? Yea, ok, go back to lighting your crack pipe up!

Being in the postseason is all you work for, because once you're in who knows, everything can happen, a Cinderella run, even the Wild can do it! We never know... Parisé, Suter, Zucker,... C'mon! with these players it's still poss... SMAAAAAAASH !!!

Ok ok, easy.... Geez it hurts!!!!!!!

The first part I just wrote is absolute BS.

I'm starting to buy @CreaseAndAssist argument about not making the playoffs. But if we have to fall, we have to fall deep. There's only 8 points between the Wild and the dead-last team in the West, while the Hawks, Blues, Coyotes, Kings all are on desperation mode and need for wins, which they actually manage to get. The Ducks just changed their coach, they cannot be worse that they were in the last week. So we could end up last in the West if this trend continues.

Did anyone notice after the false high stick call, The Ref while at the Flyers bench was looking up at the video screen. 

I thought that was a no-no. I really expected at least a 2 min 'make up' call during it. 

This was the turning point of the game. Either late 1st or early 2nd, 1 goal to up go 4-1 would've been enough to let the Flyers lose interest and rely on the 2nd bad call in 2 nights as an excuse.

But wait...Foot. Off. Gas. 

Again.

Can't fault Dubnyk for most of the goals other than that 3rd one. The 5th one was a mess in general and you saw it coming.

I cannot remember the last game where we faced a true #1 goalie. It can't be scheduling or coincidence that we get the back ups.

(Flyer's case doesn't count with their goalie mess)

Do other teams plan for the resting of their #1 when they face the Wild?

Shows no respect for our team and we haven't done anything to deserve it.

7 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

@IllaZilla   Real Pho or Faux Pho ?

Well, probably Faux Pho. I don't have 12 hours to simmer the bone stock and other vegetables.

I'm using a pressure cooker to speed up the broth making. Using bone-in, skin on chicken thighs to make the broth. Not authentic, but close enough for a round eye like me!

On 2/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, OccamsRazor said:

He got pushed into the goalie by a Wild player and he wasn't in the crease.

A good call on that. 

Hell you guys already were gifted the penalty on Hagg by Greenway stick clip.

No one is saying we got robbed or anything.  Not by the officials.  By the team with their partial game effort...of course.  But that's nothing new.  Winter jokes aside, this team has been in Groundshog Day purgatory for most of the month where you can say and read damn near the same quotes from players, coaches, etc.  

Its actually pretty sad and pathetic that as bad as this team has been that its still somehow in 8th place.  They should be so buried.  But that's what makes it all that much more frustrating.  To see a team lack the fire to really compete and play with desperation.  

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

No one is saying we got robbed or anything.  Not by the officials.  By the team with their partial game effort...of course.  But that's nothing new.  Winter jokes aside, this team has been in Groundshog Day purgatory for most of the month where you can say and read damn near the same quotes from players, coaches, etc.  

Its actually pretty sad and pathetic that as bad as this team has been that its still somehow in 8th place.  They should be so buried.  But that's what makes it all that much more frustrating.  To see a team lack the fire to really compete and play with desperation.  

This and to add on to it is they will make the playoffs going ass backwards in only to be a first round punching bag and the owner once again saying we only need a "minor tweak" to get us over the hump although the core has shown for years and years they have never been good enough to get the team over the hump. Only 6 more years and pretty much all the core guys will be gone....

4 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

This and to add on to it is they will make the playoffs going ass backwards in only to be a first round punching bag and the owner once again saying we only need a "minor tweak" to get us over the hump although the core has shown for years and years they have never been good enough to get the team over the hump. Only 6 more years and pretty much all the core guys will be gone....

The Athletic is reporting that Fenton now has the green light to make rebuilding trades. 🤣

8 hours ago, Icechipper said:

"Green light?" Like our sweaters, right? Isn't that his job description?

No, he was only supposed to "tweak" the roster, remember? No rebuilding. He got the job because he convinced Leipold he had a five year plan to get the Wild to the Stanley Cup with this crew...

Archived