Game 57: Flyers at Wild; 2/12/19 @ 8

Howie58

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't worry the refs have your back.

And that's rare, usually they don't... but I also try to only complain about truly bad refereeing, not complain when the chips don't fall the Wilds way.

21 minutes ago, Megawild said:

And that's rare, usually they don't... but I also try to only complain about truly bad refereeing, not complain when the chips don't fall the Wilds way.

Are you trying to say that wasn't bad reffing?

I give the O and B credit. They could have rolled over and lost without fight.  They showed some grit and talent.  Stolie was not at top of game, but he made enough good saves to keep us in the running.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

I give the O and B credit. They could have rolled over and lost without fight.  They showed some grit and talent.  Stolie was not at top of game, but he made enough good saves to keep us in the running.

They would have rolled over had the corpse still been behind the bench.

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Stolie was not at top of game, but he made enough good saves to keep us in the running.

Yeah he fought hard but he also didn't seem to be on top of his game like you said and after the way he struggled that last shootout they lost where he flailed a lot in the crease and more or less got lucky the shooters missed on empty nets i was scared the same would happen if it went to a shootout again.

His play really is huge this weekend.

They play the Wings saturday and then sunday. I would think he more than likely would get the sunday game and if he doesn't play well he could make Chuck 2nd guess himself and maybe cause him to keep Elliott as the backup maybe and try and trade the younger Stolie to another team.

You would think a 25 year old Stolie might bring a better return than a soon to be 34 year old Elliott.

Teams will be looking for some depth in goal for the playoffs. If Talbot's price is too high you could go budget shopping in Philly.

With 3 days off it would seem now would be the perfect time to pull the trigger on a trade if it's ever going to happen.

Archived