Flyers trade list for the deadline

Lindbergh31

Here's my list for players Fletcher should trade at the deadline and players that could be traded:

Definitely trade:

Simmonds

Raffl

Elliott

Neuvrith

MacDonald--retain partial caphit this year and next

Possible trade bait if the right deal comes along:

Gudas---it would have to be something that Fletcher couldn't refuse

Ghost????

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I will mention this here as both Pascal Laberge and Sam Morin have just been recently activated from the IR and loaned to the Phantoms.       Add Elliot too to this list and it leaves a few positions on the Flyers roster up for grabs.   

24 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I guess I will mention this here as both Pascal Laberge and Sam Morin have just been recently activated from the IR and loaned to the Phantoms.       Add Elliot too to this list and it leaves a few positions on the Flyers roster up for grabs.   

It will be interesting to see what happens before the deadline.

It is why Myers is up now and Morin has been sent down now.

The Flyers are allowed only 4 recalls before the end of the season so Sam won't count as one when he comes back up.

The will get a look now at Myers it seems before they make a trade because i know they have some good offers for Gudas.

So find out where Myers is before you pull the trigger on a deal.

Simmonds is good as gone after the Penguin game.

I would really love for them to be able to move Elliott. Not sure anyone else is moved.

No one but the Flyers finds value in Mcdud so one more year of him.

A good read on the Simmer move before it goes down...

Wayne Simmonds, Philadelphia Flyers

https://thehockeywriters.com/nashville-predators-philadelphia-flyers-2019-trade-deadline/?utm_content=buffer8e2b4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Either he starts the wheel turning for the Stone trade or the Stone trade starts the wheel turning for the Simmer trade...

So if i trade Simmer to the Preds a return of Eeli Tolvanen or at least Kevin Fiala would be the return.

Could they get a 1st round pick too?? Not sure maybe they can get a better return from the Flames or Jets.

Fiala is already in the NHL Tolvanen is not as still trying to find his scoring touch in the AHL. Fiala is in the last year of his entry level deal.

Fiala is more proven and is one year removed from putting up 23 goals 25 assists for 48 points in 80 games in 2017-18.

His numbers dipped this year not sure why since i don't watch a lot of Preds games.

So would you want their 1st pick in the draft or another players already closer??

Could you pry Frederic Allard away too?? I would love to get Fiala and Allard but might be too much for a guy who is a UFA.

I would throw Gudas in if i had to and get this kid. Allard has two more years left on his entry level contract after this year.

It would give them another right hand shot. Myers, Friedman and Allard would be 3 righties for the defense.

If Myers isn't ready they might now want to move Gudas.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It will be interesting to see what happens before the deadline.

It is why Myers is up now and Morin has been sent down now.

The Flyers are allowed only 4 recalls before the end of the season so Sam won't count as one when he comes back up.

The will get a look now at Myers it seems before they make a trade because i know they have some good offers for Gudas.

So find out where Myers is before you pull the trigger on a deal.

Simmonds is good as gone after the Penguin game.

I would really love for them to be able to move Elliott. Not sure anyone else is moved.

No one but the Flyers finds value in Mcdud so one more year of him.

The rumours of a Talbot-Elliott trade could be possible with maybe a draft pick coming the Flyers way? As for McDud, if the Flyers retained 50% of his cap hit this year and next maybe there would be a taker. And I might have misread or misunderstood someone on a sports talk show but they were saying that Stolarz has to play 16 more games in order for the Flyers to retain his RFA rights otherwise he becomes a UFA at year-end, so maybe he's on the block too?

2 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

The rumours of a Talbot-Elliott trade could be possible with maybe a draft pick coming the Flyers way?

I think the Flyers try and insist Jesse Puljujarvi is part of that deal. I would be up for that reclamation project.

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
22 Kevin Fiala - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick -98 
Jesse Puljujarvi
21 Scott Laughton - 18 Morgan Frost - 27 Justin Bailey

Then if the Flyers trade Simmonds for Fiala and something they could have a nice lineup for the start of next year.

I can see Raffl being move to for some picks.

And of course this could always be moved around to put Giroux back at the LW spot on the top line too there would be good options.

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Then if the Flyers trade Simmonds for Fiala and something they could have a nice lineup for the start of next year.

I think I would really like Fiala in the O & B.   If you are the Predators do you do this ?

Simmonds can skate but he's not a burner the way Fiala is, I think I'd really like that deal, but I don't know if adding a tough slower guy is what Poile would be looking to do ? 

Plus haven't the Preds kind of "beefed up" their line-up by adding Boyle ? 

I think maybe the Preds aren't a great trade partner given they've already made some moves to get "tougher'.

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

If you are the Predators do you do this ?

Sure at the rate of which i see these trades going down i think it's a fair price.

You aren't going to get a another RW with Wayne's skill set  for cheaper i think.

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Plus haven't the Preds kind of "beefed up" their line-up by adding Boyle ? 

Sure but Boyle is more suited to play center than RW which they need with Watson still out and it would give them the chance to drop Boyle down to the 2nd PP and put Wayne on the 1st PP setting up in his office.

The Pres window is open now and they still will need all the kelp they can get fighting off the Jets, Flames and even the Bolts if they get to the finals....the playoffs can be grueling and injuries can crop up and change a lot.

Just look at the year when they lost Fiala and Johansen in their playoff run. You can never have too much depth. 

I think they're doing Wayne a favor by sending him to the Preds as opposed to say...the Oilers, since the Preds appear they may be in it to win it at this point. I wonder how it affects Nashville's ability to go after Duchene. Fiala has some really good wheels and can score. so I would be in favor of that deal. I think it works out well logistically for both the Preds and Flyers.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think I would really like Fiala in the O & B. 

I'd like this and in fact, would do Simmonds +  for Fiala & 2nd/3rd

Reasons: 

1) Flyers need a pure shooter and this kid is a shoot first player that is looking to break out.

2) I really think Simmonds is on trajectory down real fast.  He plays bigger than he is (see Richards).  His body is gonna start breaking down quickly.  You can already see it in his skating.  

Therefore, if they can pry Fiala away even if it looks like they loose the trade short-term, I think Fiala grows into what the Flyers have been missing for many years....

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

His numbers dipped this year not sure why since i don't watch a lot of Preds games

I'm not sure because I don't either, but without that knowledge I'm theorizing that it's largely because the second line was banged up.  Turris was out for a large stretch and they had musical 2nd line centers.   

I really don't know.  It's just a guess.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not sure because I don't either, but without that knowledge I'm theorizing that it's largely because the second line was banged up.  Turris was out for a large stretch and they had musical 2nd line centers.   

I really don't know.  It's just a guess.

I would still do that trade he would make a nice 2nd line LW.

The only thing is he is due a new contract.

I would want to see how he fits in before negotiating a deal with him.

No hurry he is a RFA.

If the Flyers trade  with Edmonton for Jesse P, do we consider him a legit prospect still.? I know he was picked 4th and was highly touted or has he turned into another failed Oilers draft pick.? Who do we like better Tolvanen , Fiala or Jesse P.? I’m still hearing  Boston want Simmonds, what good young guys do they have that we would want? 

18 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If the Flyers trade  with Edmonton for Jesse P, do we consider him a legit prospect still.? I know he was picked 4th and was highly touted or has he turned into another failed Oilers draft pick.?

Yes the kid is just 20 and will turn 21 in May....he is only 3 months older than Carter Hart for perspective....the biggest diservice the Oilers did to him was bringing him over to the NHL so soon.

He should have spent another season in Liiga playing top minutes.

28 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Who do we like better Tolvanen , Fiala or Jesse P.?

Of those three i like Fiala the most not sure if Tolvanen will be the scorer we saw him become in a weak KHL he hasn't even done that in the AHL.

So if i had to choose between those three i am taking Fiala. Puljujarvi is a RW.

This was the lineup if Chuck could pull off some of these trades discussed.

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
22 Kevin Fiala - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick -98 
Jesse Puljujarvi
21 Scott Laughton - 18 Morgan Frost - 27 Justin Bailey

I like that going into 2019-20.

Can he will he??? One can only guess and dream.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:42 PM, Lindbergh31 said:

Here's my list for players Fletcher should trade at the deadline and players that could be traded:

Definitely trade:

Simmonds

Raffl

Elliott

Neuvrith

MacDonald--retain partial caphit this year and next

Possible trade bait if the right deal comes along:

Gudas---it would have to be something that Fletcher couldn't refuse

Ghost????

Fletcher is a damn moron.  He would apparently wouldn’t refuse a  Gudas deal for a minor leaguer or someone about to retire. 

I hate Chuck Fletcher and I hate Paul Holmgren.  They are going to screw up my team all over again and I don’t think I have the stomach to watch it happen. 

15 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I hate Chuck Fletcher

Wow dude so quick to just jump to that.

Sure I don't get the Talbot trade either I guess they might think he is a better goalie than Stolie.

I guess I am going to wait and see how this unfolds before I just jump to I hate Fletcher right now.

But don't let me stop you.

Carry on.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow dude so quick to just jump to that.

Sure I don't get the Talbot trade either I guess they might think he is a better goalie than Stolie.

I guess I am going to wait and see how this unfolds before I just jump to I hate Fletcher right now.

But don't let me stop you.

Carry on.

I don't like Fletcher because of his history as a gm. This trade is more of the same. It's not a big deal...but it's basically a lateral move talent wise...for a way worse contract and Talbot is older. We did the Oilers a favor giving them capspace. Pretty sure Hextall would have pried a 3rd or 4th out of them just for that.

Every other gm in the league rapes the Oilers in trades...Fletcher gives them a deal.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

We did the Oilers a favor giving them capspace. Pretty sure Hextall would have pried a 3rd or 4th out of them just for that.

I'm not defending the move in any and i too would have thought he would have got a pick for helping them out.

The only thing i can think is their scouts like Talbot and think they can get him back to where he was playing well. Plus they have to want to extend him too. It's the only way it makes sense.

And let's be honest Stolie ven though he was playing some of the best hockey we have seen from him he only has 19 games under his belts and has a serious injury history.

So them going into next year with a 21 year old with say by the end of the season 30 total NHL games and say if Stolie stay 25 total NHL games under his belt would be risky as hell and after the year in goal they have just went through i figured a vet would be signed.

Now i am not ecstatic with the fact thy got nothing else for helping them out with their cap situation.

But i am going to look at the brightside they can get a look at him before the season ends to see if he is worth extending.

I think Simmonds is going to end up going somewhere that nobody expects. I get the usual suspects will be there, but I'm thinking that some team like Las Vegas or Washington could get into the sweepstakes if teams like Winnipeg, Boston, Nashville, and Tampa Bay all do something big. 

I also think the return might disappoint some on here in that Simmonds won't be returning a top prospect, young roster player and/or a first. The Flyers might get a young roster player or possibly a B prospect and a first, but no way a team gives up an A prospect and a first for him. That's why part of me would like to see Simmonds go to Vegas for a guy like Nic Hague, who has intriguing size and ability, but is a work in progress. He could be something real special if the Flyers are patient.

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I think Simmonds is going to end up going somewhere that nobody expects.

Something tells me the Flames are going to go after him and try to beat the Jets to the punch.

The Preds and Jets have been sniffing around a lot so yeah i could see Calgary jumping in and going hard after him.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Something tells me the Flames are going to go after him and try to beat the Jets to the punch.

The Preds and Jets have been sniffing around a lot so yeah i could see Calgary jumping in and going hard after him.

Yeah, Calgary could definitely make a run for him. The only issue I see with Calgary is that the system is all but bone dry and they have a bigger fish to fry as it relates to goaltending. I can't see them being content with Rittich and Smith going into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The only issue I see with Calgary is that the system is all but bone dry and they have a bigger fish to fry as it relates to goaltending.

I would be ok with Juuso Valimaki and say a 4th back for him.

Valamaki has two years left on his entry level deal and would give the Phantoms a nice prospect on the blueline for the next two years.

Phantoms don't really have one scheduled for next year unless they sign Bernhardt or Hogberg.

And Flames could go out and make a hard charge for Varlamov if the Avs let him walk.

Varlamov and Rittch would be a solid tandem next year for them.

Archived