Off Season Deal With Toronto

King Knut

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They have 32 mill and that is before the cap goes up to if I remember correctly 83 mill so you add another 10 mill.

If the cap goes up to 83 million, it's only going up 4 million so that would leave 36 million in cap space unless I'm missing something?

Flyers have plenty of cap space and prospects as well as picks I would even try to trade  a pick to obtain his right so you ca negotiate exclusively till July 1st.

Hartman, Bailey, NAK?

It's risky but worth it to not let the Rangers or Isles get him right....or even the Devils.

Just my 2 cents.

I like it, but I fear Panarin and his agent might be really interested in the open market.  

Little to lose though!

30 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If the cap goes up to 83 million, it's only going up 4 million so that would leave 36 million in cap space unless I'm missing something?

Hartman, Bailey, NAK?

I like it, but I fear Panarin and his agent might be really interested in the open market.  

Little to lose though!

They still have the space to make it happen none of the guys resigning will get a huge cap hit the only one who may get a nice big contract and that is a maybe could be Ivan.

So you trade out JVR like I said that frees up 7.5 to go towards Panarin. Plenty of space.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They still have the space to make it happen none of the guys resigning will get a huge cap hit the only one who may get a nice big contract and that is a maybe could be Ivan.

So you trade out JVR like I said that frees up 7.5 to go towards Panarin. Plenty of space.

I forgot to mention buying out Mac (which does seem likely) gets them 3+ million back as well. So 86-87 million. 

I think Provo hopefully does that that big deal rather than a bridge, but hopefully longer term helps keep his cap hit lower. 

its Likely a d man gets traded.  Someone we don’t want to see leave too probably.  

Myers and Sanheim are looking like potential studs and I still think Morin is a sleeper.  

So so that leaves Ghost and Haag and I know who gets the better 3RW in return. 

Ready a thing from Carchidi yesterday that spitballed a center like Duchene before a winger, I hope that’s wrong.  Even if Frost isn’t ready next yeAr, he will be ready before Duchene’s contract would expire and frankly speaking teams seem to do worse when he’s there and better when he leaves.  

No thank you.   

Sam guessed they could move Frost to RW... guess it’s a possibility but I don’t love it.  

He too was all in on T. Myers, so I dig that. But that makes the D men even more expendable and almost requires trading one. 

Archived