Coyle Traded to Bruins; Donato + 5th Come Back to MN

Jimtown guy

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Take Nino and Donato out and it's basically the same.

Give Donato the same amount of games (as Nino) and the points could be comparable.

Fenton could see it this way and feel justified in the $ savings for the summer plans...

I'm not all that excited about this summers UFA crop...

FORWARDS

Artemi Panarin, LW, CBJ 27 $6M
Jeff Skinner, C/LW, BUF 26 $5.725
Joe Pavelski, C/RW, SJS 34 $6M
Matt Duchene, C, CBJ 28 $6M
Anders Lee, LW, NYI 28 $3.75
Joe Thornton, C, SJS 39 $5M
Gustav Nyquist, LW/RW, SJS 29 $3.325M
Wayne Simmonds, RW, NSH 30 $3.75M
Justin Williams, RW, CAR 37 $4.5M
Kevin Hayes, C, WPG 26 $5.175M
Brock Nelson, C/LW, NYI 27 $4.25M
Mats Zuccarello, RW, DAL 31 $3.175M
Marcus Johansson, LW, BOS 28 $2.75M
Micheal Ferland, LW/RW, CAR 26 $1.75M
Ryan Dzingel, LW/RW, CBJ 27 $1.8M
Jordan Eberle, C/RW, NYI 28 $6M
Derick Brassard, C/LW, COL 31 $3M

DEFENSEMEN

Erik Karlsson, SJS 28 $6.5M
Alexander Edler, VAN 32 $5M
Jake Gardiner, TOR 28 $4M

GOALIES

Sergei Bobrovsky, CBJ 30 $7.25M
Robin Lehner, NYI 27 $1.25M
Semyon Varlamov, COL 30 $5.9M
Curtis McElhinney, CAR 35 $875K
Petr Mrazek, CAR 27 $1.5M
Brian Elliott, PHI 33 $2.75M
Mike Smith, CGY 36 $4.25M
Cam Talbot, PHI 31 $4.17M

He signs any of these guys,  he's going to over pay, and then who gives up their ice time? Because it isn't going to be Staal, Parise, Koivu or Suter...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

He signs any of these guys,  he's going to over pay, and then who gives up their ice time? Because it isn't going to be Staal, Parise, Koivu or Suter...

Oh.no. I can definitely see this happening, as horrible as it is. A lot of the fans would be quite happy to waste a ton of money and youngster ice time on these very lacklustre looking UFA's.

22 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I'm not all that excited about this summers UFA crop...

FORWARDS

Derick Brassard, C/LW, COL 31 $3M
Brock Nelson, C/LW, NYI 27 $4.25M
Joe Thornton, C, SJS 39 $5M
Kevin Hayes, C, WPG 26 $5.175M

Jeff Skinner, C/LW, BUF 26 $5.725
Jordan Eberle, C/RW, NYI 28 $6M

Joe Pavelski, C/RW, SJS 34 $6M
Matt Duchene, C, CBJ 28 $6M

Agreed, Not too many "Gotta have's"

So, Since we need a C.... I thought I'd predict Fenton's pecking order. ;)

37 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Agreed, Not too many "Gotta have's"

So, Since we need a C.... I thought I'd predict Fenton's pecking order. ;)

Does the Wild really need a C though? Currently on the roster there is Staal, Rask, Kunin, Eriksson-Ek and Fehr. And you have Koivu coming back next season. And I get Fehr will probably be gone, but probably not the position to be looking at, especially if you want guys like Kunin and Eriksson-Ek to develop.

At some point the Wild need to transition to the younger players. Because eventually the wheels are going to fall off the vets...

It just seemed all year we heard we need a true #1 C.

So that's been in my head.

Kunin and Ek are really starting to show good things. Definitely agree that the reigns should be handed to them soon.

Will Rask be here? I still picture some trades over the summer (If that's possible and it's not all about FA signings).

Koivu will want to finish his contract but how is his recovery going?

I went with Fenton saving $ 1st on FA. If he signs a big name then were back to the Heatley, Havlat, etc days and pushing down our youth.

Is there a way to get koivu out via long term disabled.

Don't need Rask, would like to keep Fehr.

With the limited availability this year fa will probably get overpaid.

If they sign a fa I hope he's young.

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

I went with Fenton saving $ 1st on FA. If he signs a big name then were back to the Heatley, Havlat, etc days and pushing down our youth.

I wouldn't say Panarin at 26 is old. Skinner neither but he's already had issues with concussions. And are they interested in the Wild? But probably both of them are after the best deal aka muchas pesetas of their pro career. I would go after Panarin but not over 6 years deal.

9 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

And are they interested in the Wild? 

I would think that if Panarin wants to leave CBJ, he's not interested in the Wild either. I'm not sure if his attitude is the right one, either.

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

I would think that if Panarin wants to leave CBJ, he's not interested in the Wild either. I'm not sure if his attitude is the right one, either.

Agreed, not interested in the Wild IF the offer isn't delicious. I'd assume he wouldn't turn down the best offer. Fenton has certainly positioned himself to throw some crazy sum at some direction.

Attitude? Well, acquiring a top notch player is like getting married: you get a lot of pros and some cons.

3 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Does the Wild really need a C though? Currently on the roster there is Staal, Rask, Kunin, Eriksson-Ek and Fehr. And you have Koivu coming back next season. And I get Fehr will probably be gone, but probably not the position to be looking at, especially if you want guys like Kunin and Eriksson-Ek to develop.

At some point the Wild need to transition to the younger players. Because eventually the wheels are going to fall off the vets...

You're right....there are plenty of Wild  centers.   I would argue though that none of them are even close to a 1C.   Of course, unless they go after UFA's Duschene, Pavelski or William Karlsson, no one is likely to trade their #1C or even a potential #1C. unless Dumba would be involved in the deal.  . BTW, for various reasons I'm not overly keen on any of those three UFA C's based on what some are suggesting to be the likely price and term.

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I wouldn't say Panarin at 26 is old. Skinner neither but he's already had issues with concussions. And are they interested in the Wild? But probably both of them are after the best deal aka muchas pesetas of their pro career. I would go after Panarin but not over 6 years deal.

I would go after Panarin too, who is having a nice experience of playing plenty of games in both Conferences as well as against teams in our tough Division when played for Chicago team. Hope he will be interested to play here for the Wild team.

This Donato for Coyle trade is beginning to look like a real steal. Against NYI a goal was taken away from him, and he got two passes, both of which came about due to his ability and mentality of shooting hard. I haven't been able to really watch his defending, but if he is anything like his father was, that will not be a problem either.

Problem is, Panarin wants to play in a nice location with a big lake/sea nearby along with close beaches. And he was pretty much clear about it. He would love to go back in Chicago for instance and leave the boring Columbus area. California and Forida teams are way ahead of us in that sense.

18 hours ago, 4Check said:

You're right....there are plenty of Wild  centers.   I would argue though that none of them are even close to a 1C.   Of course, unless they go after UFA's Duschene, Pavelski or William Karlsson, no one is likely to trade their #1C or even a potential #1C. unless Dumba would be involved in the deal.  . BTW, for various reasons I'm not overly keen on any of those three UFA C's based on what some are suggesting to be the likely price and term.

I'm not saying any of the current Wild centers is a true #1 (Staal was back in the day, but not now). Fenton just cleared a bunch of cap space and I'd be a little disappointed to see him chew it up overpaying for a UFA and putting the team right back in cap hell...

The Wild is not going to improve in the next at least 3 years relying on its own draft picks.

Either you go after UFAs and pay them or keep things as they are, stay boring for 5 more years and hope long term rebuild works.

Archived