Game 62 Stadium Series: Flyers vs Penguins 02/23/19 8:00 pm

OccamsRazor

Not encouraged by the last two games but man it would be nice if the Flyers could find a way to get up and play hard for this game.

D0Ch2TBXQAEY4ED.jpg

If they can't get up for this game then they never will. To bad Gudas will miss it and it will be Simmonds last game in orange and black.

I think Flyers find a way to win.

Flyers 5

Pens 3

Fly Flyers Fly!!!!

Show up please...everyone will be watching.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings:

The Penguins are a mild favorite:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/pittsburgh-philadelphia-odds-february-23-2019-1024540

The Pens have won nine of the last 12.  

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins-2-23-19-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

Some players may be wearing their respective team sweaters for the last time.     Between that and the weather, it may be a distracted, messy performance.

Can you believe the stiff Elliot is getting the start...he’s played about 4 periods of hockey in the past 3 months. I hope he gets lit up. Hart has earned the starting position for this game. He had a couple of bad games and now you bench him for the biggest game yet, way to ruin his confidence. Elliot sucks and is barely a member of this team and has no future with the team. Stick with the guy that revived the team, Hart. I hope Elliot gets injured on the rainy ice.

I have to agree with some of the journalists covering the game that Elliott may be shopped.  i don't like the message to Hart, but if Moose can get us a mid-round pick or prospect, what the heck.  Regardless of public announcements, Fletcher knows playoff probability is low.  Hart will recover. 

44 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Can you believe the stiff Elliot is getting the start...he’s played about 4 periods of hockey in the past 3 months. I hope he gets lit up. Hart has earned the starting position for this game. He had a couple of bad games and now you bench him for the biggest game yet, way to ruin his confidence. Elliot sucks and is barely a member of this team and has no future with the team. Stick with the guy that revived the team, Hart. I hope Elliot gets injured on the rainy ice.

Yeah poor kid had a special mask made for the game.

I hope his teammates feel good about it all he has done for them and now he gets the hook because they can defend their own goddamn net.

Typical.

5 hours ago, brelic said:

Kinda discouraged Gordon isn’t starting Hart in a game he’s earned. Playoffs are not happening now. Do the right thing. 

Yeah I agree. I feel like this is somehow doing Elliott a solid as his last huzzah in a Flyers uniform. That's fine and all, but I'd much rather see Hart. Elliott may be a character guy in the locker room, but he's been nothing but a rebound machine on the ice. It's also not as if he's been our backstop forever to whom the team owes some sort of debt. 

Maybe he'll get injured in practice. 

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick -17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Phil Varone - 27 Justin Bailey

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg - 47 Andrew MacDonald
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Philippe Myers

37 Brian Elliott
[33 Cam Talbot]

Scratches: 3 Radko Gudas (NHL suspension, game 2 of 2), 72 Carter Hart (lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 5 Sam Morin (AHL rehab for ACL surgery).

PENGUINS

59 Jake Guentzel - 87 Sidney Crosby - 17 Bryan Rust 
46 Zach Aston-Reese -71 Evgeni Malkin - 81 Phil Kessel
19 Jared McCann - 27 Nick Bjugstad - 72 Patric Hornqvist
14 Tanner Pearson - 7 Matt Cullen - 12 Dominik Simon

8 Brian Dumoulin - 58 Kris Letang
73 Jack Johnson - 4 Justin Schultz
28 Marcus Pettersson - 2 Chad Ruhweder

30 Matt Murray
[1 Casey de Smith]

Scratches: 10 Garrett Wilson (healthy), 50 Juusi Rikola (healthy), 53 Teddy Blueger (healthy).

9 hours ago, brelic said:

Kinda discouraged Gordon isn’t starting Hart in a game he’s earned. Playoffs are not happening now. Do the right thing. 

Well the worst part to me was that saying he wasn't playing because thee are things he needs to work on.

I agree sure he needs to get back to the form he had before the two losses.

But it isn't all on him the team in front of him seem to have forgotten how to defend the end where he resides for some reason.

So is he going to bench the team?? Is he going to bench Sanheim has been horrible at defense for about two weeks now??

Is he going to bench Provorov because even though he has played better he has still been making some miscues out there.

Is he going to bench Jake and Simmer for their continued floating and not play in their own end??

Or even JVR for being just missing in action??? Hell no.

So why or God's green earth would you single out a 20 year old goalie because his play has slipped and he has things he needs to brush up on?? 

This is the whole problem i have with this. I can't wait for the season to be over so we can show this coaching staff the door.

This to me is what can kill a kid's confidence and it feels like something Hak would do so he can put his 40 year old vet between the pipes now that he is healthy.

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

Yeah I agree. I feel like this is somehow doing Elliott a solid as his last huzzah in a Flyers uniform. That's fine and all, but I'd much rather see Hart. Elliott may be a character guy in the locker room, but he's been nothing but a rebound machine on the ice. It's also not as if he's been our backstop forever to whom the team owes some sort of debt. 

Maybe he'll get injured in practice. 

It smells of Hakstol move....blame the kid let them team off the hook and he gets his 40 year old virgin between the pipes.

1 hour ago, darthbal said:

I wonder when did Hart get his injury?

Elliott Tonya Harding-ed him in the locker room...

Image result for tonya harding gif

...can't wait till they show all these coaches the door...Simmonds team will get blown out in his last game...

13 minutes ago, brelic said:

I've never seen a team have so many starting goalies get injured. 

It's kinda ridiculous. 

I guess this will give them a good chance to get a better draft pick now....a slide down to the bottom how quick can they do it??

They are only 14 points from the bottom i feel they have a better shot at that now than the playoffs. Stick a fork in them.

I sure hope Simmonds doesn't get hurt in this game and pulls a JVR to avoid a trade...

...we see the Sens getting smart and aren't risking playing their assets...Flyers can't because they have 40 goalies on the roster.

Wow talk about throwback jerseys...

D0Dz75tX4AEB2e-.jpg

I hate now that we won't be able to see Hart's cool mask.

However i like Elliott's mask too...

D0GaFnoXgAAg876.jpg:large

Pretty sweet....i say he gets yanked by the start of the second after the Pens go up 3-0 in the first and we will see Talbot get his debut.

Archived