Zuccarello to the Stars

yave1964

Matt Zuccarello was the first domino dealt by the Rangers last night, traded to the Dallas Stars who have been desperate for secondary scoring for two conditional picks that could both be first rounders depending on performance and if he resigns.

Good to great pickup, exactly the type of player the Stars needed,  they have been a one trick pony with a top line to rival most anyone but not much else, Zuccarello will be in the mix nowand give them the desperately needed sniper on the second line.

Earlier in the day they upgraded their back end a bit as well, adding playoff experience and toughness in Ben Lovejoy for a third rounder and Connor Carrick who came over from the Leafs and never fit their defensive rotation. Not much offense here just a solid stay at home guy who kills penatlies and has won a cup and is actualy cousins with the Stars Gavin Bayreuther.

My opinion hasn't changed with the Stars, I thought they were close to a lock to claim one of the West's wildcard spots, I still feel that way.

Archived