-=> FLYERS TRADE DEADLINE THREAD <=-

brelic

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Time will tell.  What do you think will come back to Philly if it is true?

Vesalainen? Too bad he’s not a right winger because we need some depth there. 

Logan Stanley? 2016 1st rounder who is 6’7”, 231 lbs. Would be an upgrade over Hagg perhaps.

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

Vesalainen? Too bad he’s not a right winger because we need some depth there. 

Logan Stanley? 2016 1st rounder who is 6’7”, 231 lbs. Would be an upgrade over Hagg perhaps.

I saw Stanley play down here when the Moose came to town.  He is huge!

I guess the Nyquist trade is something similar that the Flyers will get back with Simmonds.

Both are close in age Gus 29 and Simmer 30.

Nyquist a little more productive (49 pts) than Simmer (27 pts) this year. Both put up 16 goals.

But they don't play similar games. And Gus has never been a 30 goal scorer.

So depends on team needs.

Sharks were kicking the tires on Simmer and you have to think Chuck must have turned down a similar deal for Simmer.

Gus brought back a conditional 2019 3rd rounder and a 2020 2nd rounder. So not bad but i would want more for Simmonds.

I would prefer a prospect back and a pick. But man that Sharks team is stacked. The biggest question for them is in goal.

So do the Flames, Jets and Preds stand pat???

Jets have just lost 4 of their last 5 games they need to do something.

8 minutes ago, brelic said:

Maybe that's the best we can get for Simmer... it really depends on who is genuinely interested.

Thought this was interesting.. 

What would you be willing to give up for Laine?

They can have their pick. Hart and Provorov is off limits.

Man i am about as pumped for today as this dude...

Let's go Chuck!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I will say Laine is a dead line trade though.

Now i could see him being moved at the draft or the offseason if they are serious.

But they would have to get a huge return to pull a trigger on that.

I'm not sure what they would even want for a guy like Laine. 

He's an interesting case because he's a 3 year vet, but only 20 years old. Had an amazing rookie season but his point totals have been in decline in three straight seasons.

And he's -23 this year!!! On the Jets. That's insane. No one else is even remotely close to that, let alone being minus players.

He's a right winger and we need right wingers. The price would be high, but might be worth it to acquire a pure goal scorer just going through a tough development stretch. 

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

I'm not sure what they would even want for a guy like Laine. 

He's an interesting case because he's a 3 year vet, but only 20 years old

It would have to be a boatload for a 20 year old former 40 goal scorer....i mean guys like that just don't get moved.

-23 or not there are many forwards in the NHL who don't play a 200 foot game.

You would have to think for one to plug the hole they would want Konecny back for sure...and then a few more players and picks to boot.

And yeah the Flyers can use a RW to plug into a hole.It's not happening...wake up you're sleep at the keyboard...get some coffee!

I think this is what we are looking at heading into next year...

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 18 Morgan Frost - ???????????????
27 Justin Bailey - 21 Scott Laughton - 13 Nicolas Aube Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 5 Philippe Myers
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 55 Sam Morin

8 Robert Hägg

79 Carter Hart
33 Cam Talbot

I roll with this. Buy Mcdud out if you can't trade him. Go spend some money on a RW. They have plenty of cap space to do so.

That is a decent roster to start next year with. They will need a lot more from wingers JVR and Voracek for sure.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It would have to be a boatload for a 20 year old former 40 goal scorer....i mean guys like that just don't get moved.

-23 or not there are many forwards in the NHL who don't play a 200 foot game.

You would have to think for one to plug the hole they would want Konecny back for sure...and then a few more players and picks to boot.

And yeah the Flyers can use a RW to plug into a hole.It's not happening...wake up you're sleep at the keyboard...get some coffee!

I get it, but it's not just the -23. He's been declining for 3 straight years in almost every metric - goals, assists, points, points per game, +/-, PDO, Corsi, TOI, Fenwick, shooting %, xGF....

And all of it has been happening while his OZ starts (62%) have been steadily increasing and his DZ starts (38%) decreasing. 

So, it's not inconceivable that the Jets might consider moving him. Totally agree that it would take a boatload.

I mean, sure, he's got 28 goals (14 on the PP), but the -23 makes him a net negative 5v5. That's not a good feature for a 1st place team.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Barkov is -17.

Yes, but Barkov's ENTIRE team is a minus. With Winnipeg there are a few -5, -2, -1, and everyone else is a positive. 

I know +/- is flawed but when you see a huge discrepancy between one player and the rest of his teammates, it's worth wondering what the heck that guy is doing.

So it can happen. 

And there is no harm to listening to offers...if the GM doesn't he ISN'T doing his job.

Fair point. And there's really little chance he'd be traded - like you said, it would cost a boatload. 

We've got a lot of boats we could send over... of course they come with a complimentary bailing bucket because they're all full of holes :)

33 minutes ago, brelic said:

We gots too many blueliners, I'd say. Does someone get moved? 

I know, I know, there is no limit to roster size as of 11 hours ago (provided you are below the cap).

He doesn't have to come off IR right now or even at all.

Archived