-=> FLYERS TRADE DEADLINE THREAD <=-

brelic

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man the fickle Flyer fans bitching and moaning i'm so shocked...

Why do they hate this so much?  I dont know this guy but Simmonds is not McDavid?  Or is it just sad like us losing Roy, Vanek, Miller, etc?

I know he was popular

9 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Why do they hate this so much?

They are Flyer fans and overvalue their players....that or they didn't watch him play this year.

He was not good.

They sent scouts to the game and they saw what i saw a guy who couldn't stay out the box especially at crucial moments and he does a piss poor effort at back checking.

He wasn't alone one of his best friends Jake does the same shat except he has already got his money.

Wayne had lost his effectiveness on the PP (2 points in the last 15 games) and he struggles 5 on 5 so not much value there.

You ain't going to get much for a power forward you have little hope of resigning....he is 30 and will be 31 by the start of next year and wants a 5 year deal for around 8 mill per. F**K THAT SH IT!!! Buh bye Wayne i wish you well.

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They are Flyer fans and overvalue their players....that or they didn't watch him play this year.

He was not good.

They sent scouts to the game and they saw what i saw a guy who couldn't stay out the box especially at crucial moments and he does a piss poor effort at back checking.

He wasn't alone one of his best friends Jake does the same shat except he has already got his money.

Wayne had lost his effectiveness on the PP (2 points in the last 15 games) and he struggles 5 on 5 so not much value there.

You ain't going to get much for a power forward you have little hope of resigning....he is 30 and will be 31 by the start of next year and wants a 5 year deal for around 8 mill per. F**K THAT SH IT!!! Buh bye Wayne i wish you well.

He will never get that.  Unless he can swing a bat real well 

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Stone just signed an extension with Vegas.  We’re screwed.  Just utterly screwed.  

Yeah 9 mill for a guy who has never scored 29 goals before....this salaries are beyond getting out of hand guess we can always wait for a lock out to buy their way out of it again...

14 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He will never get that.  Unless he can swing a bat real well 

I hope not in Philly.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is not why he got fired.

No, I don’t really think so either, but that was the most they gave us in explanation. “We expect to spend to the cap.”

if they said “fire Hakstol” and he said “no” and then they said, “ok, you’re fired. Because good lord we need to fire Hakstol” that’s the only way hextall’s Dismissal, the lack of a plan in its wake and how poorly it was handled is remotely acceptable. 

All that Fletcher has not been able to accomplish just pushes that way over the edge.  

My my point is that Fletcher was brought in to make moves Hextall refused to make.  

Hes sure made moves... that have proven pointless. 

Now we we lost out on Stone for next summer, but hey... we got Hartman.  

...Whose stats look similr to Weise in Montreal BTW.  Yay. 

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah 9 mill for a guy who has never scored 29 goals before....this salaries are beyond getting out of hand guess we can always wait for a lock out to buy their way out of it again...

I hope not in Philly.

Well strap on tightly because Homer will no doubt force Fletcher to overspend on someone this summer.  If they’re lucky it’s Panarin.  If they’re not... oh boy. 

Fletcher’s already likely in the dog house for screwing up today so badly and not adding anyone of note between his hiring and the deadline (the main reason they gave for firing Hextall and bringing him in). 

But just subtracting players that that were leaving anyway and not getting anything in the way of improvement for them, he’s making Homer look like even more of a jerk than he already does.  

Just now, King Knut said:

Well strap on tightly because Homer will no doubt force Fletcher to overspend on someone this summer.  If they’re lucky it’s Panarin.

I would be ok with signing the Bread man my suggestion first would be to trade JVR to ___________ fill in the blank and then sign Panarin.

Then if you want don't stop there trade Jake to _________ fill in the blank and take his 8 mill and try to do something with it.

I don't care i am tired of watching some of these players buying in, hustle out there for only a few of them to not play hard and constantly screw up hard work, either by a dumb penalty or just a dumb play trying to skate through 3 or 4 guys and turn the puck over and have the audacity to not even try to back check to cover for their f**k up.

I won't be easy and if Chuck could just move JVR's contract i would be happy and live with Jake another year.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Why do they hate this so much?  I dont know this guy but Simmonds is not McDavid?  Or is it just sad like us losing Roy, Vanek, Miller, etc?

I know he was popular

It’s a matter of cost benefit analysis. 

In my opinion, if you’re not going to improve your team in the future with this trade, then you might be hurting them by killing their compete level and unity by essentially telling the remaining team, this is what we think your favorite teammate and also, we don’t think you have a chance so you might as well give up and get a better draft pick since I couldn’t trade for a good one. 

Meanwhile Vegas got the hottest UFA of the summer locked down in February. 

We all expected Wayne to go.  Sometimes getting “anything” isn’t better than nothing.  

Id love for Hartman to prove

me wrong, but this team didn’t really need 4RW as much as it needed to keep proving to itself they can win night after night. 

Fletcher has has made a ton of moves acquiring players they won’t ever use let alone in key roles for players that were leaving anyway. 

We were told Fletcher was here to add talent. Turns out he couldn’t. Because this isn’t EA sports. And Holmgren and Scott are morons. 

I don’t know about the other fans, but I am mad  because Holmgren and Scott look like complete idiots and jerks while Fletcher looks like a pawn and patsy.  Which makes the future of this team look awful. 

Fletcher let Simmonds find out from the The trade trackerand only called him 5 mins after the NHL reported it.  

Thats management!

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would be ok with signing the Bread man my suggestion first would be to trade JVR to ___________ fill in the blank and then sign Panarin.

Then if you want don't stop there trade Jake to _________ fill in the blank and take his 8 mill and try to do something with it.

I don't care i am tired of watching some of these players buying in, hustle out there for only a few of them to not play hard and constantly screw up hard work, either by a dumb penalty or just a dumb play trying to skate through 3 or 4 guys and turn the puck over and have the audacity to not even try to back check to cover for their f**k up.

I won't be easy and if Chuck could just move JVR's contract i would be happy and live with Jake another year.

JVR’s contract is fine!  They have 30 million to blow. 

Go ahead, trade Jake and JVR and get what?!?!  Who?!?!  They can sign Panarin without their salaries and every UFA they need to as long as they don’t give Talbot 5 million (Stolie would have been cheaper and likely better if healthy). 

I love the idea trading the two guys that tied the Game Saturday in the last 4 mins... because they don’t back check enough (even though there are 4 other guys on the ice whose job that actually is) 

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Go ahead, trade Jake and JVR and get what?!?!  Who?!?!  

Everyone.

They can sign Panarin without their salaries

I know so where you going to play him?? Giroux needs to go back to the 1st line LW.

So Panarin on the 2nd line?? For what 8? 9 mill??

Then JVR on the 3rd line making 7.5 mill??

That is a helluva expensive left side. This isn't NHL 19.

honestly, the trade tracker was probably as up to date as anyone could have gotten. if fletcher, whom i do not like, called him right after, i don't really see this as an issue of poor management. however, i'm beginning to think the less moves this guy makes, the better. i haven't seen any acumen in improving our team so far. hopefully i'm not seeing his long game.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Everyone.

I know so where you going to play him?? Giroux needs to go back to the 1st line LW.

yeah and we coulda kept Wayne and had him play right wing on the third line for 8mil haha

3 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

yeah and we coulda kept Wayne and had him play right wing on the third line for 8mil haha

Sweet let's do it. And we'll give Raffl 7 mil to play 4th line RW....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Everyone.

Panarin’s played both sides. 

And the other option is sign a fairly crappy RW, keep (yawn) Hartman or overpay Simmer to come back.  

There’s improving the team through moves and then there’s making moves that don’t improve the team. 

In losing out on Stone, they’re either bringing in Panarin or they’re going for option #2.  

They still have have too many D men and too many goalies. They could have gotten assets for Elliott, Raffl & Gudas now they lose 2 of them for nothing and miss out on Stone because Fletcher took his eye off the ball and missed the big picture. 

It is what it is. I’m waiting until the offseason to see how exactly Fletch is going to transform the team and propel them forward. 

We we don’t need much. A top 6 RW if possible, and perhaps a 3C but even that may be ok if Frost is ready for the big show. 

Panarin’s played both sides. 

And the other option is sign a fairly crappy RW, keep (yawn) Hartman or overpay Simmer to come back.  

There’s improving the team through moves and then there’s making moves that don’t improve the team. 

In losing out on Stone, they’re either bringing in Panarin or they’re going for option #2.  

They still have have too many D men and too many goalies. They could have gotten assets for Elliott, Raffl & Gudas now they lose 2 of them for nothing and miss out on Stone because Fletcher took his eye off the ball and missed the big picture. 

I'm just going to sit back and wait and see how the season finishes and then what transpires at the draft and what Fletcher does his first full offseason in Philly and go from there.

i don't think we should expect Hartman to take over Wayne's role, but he probably fits as a third-fourth line winger better than Wayne did. and with the flyers, there seems to be no such thing as too many goalies. 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Sweet let's do it. And we'll give Raffl 7 mil to play 4th line RW....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Showing a team you believe in them can have more of an effect on young players than giving. Them a younger Dale Weise to toggle back and forth between the 3ams 4Rw spots.  

I’ve been behind this trade for two years, but in the end, Fletcher traded Wayne just to make a trade because he promised he would.    Not to improve the team.  

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

It is what it is. I’m waiting until the offseason to see how exactly Fletch is going to transform the team and propel them forward. 

We we don’t need much. A top 6 RW if possible, and perhaps a 3C but even that may be ok if Frost is ready for the big show. 

I agree and pretty much said close to the same thing just wait and see what happens. Not much is needed.

There are some good pieces on this roster i wonder what a offseason to hit the reset button and to start next season fresh with Hart in the crease can do.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm just going to sit back and wait and see how the season finishes and then what transpires at the draft and what Fletcher does his first full offseason in Philly and go from there.

IMHO, Comcast has between now and the end of the season to fire Scott and Holmgren and put someone in charge who knows what the hell theyre doing because Fletcher has only shown me repeatedly that he is very good at looking busy for his bosses while accomplishing absolutely nothing. 

But hey, we get to sit Cam Talbot in the press box for the rest of the year apparently, so yay!

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree and pretty much said close to the same thing just wait and see what happens. Not much is needed.

There are some good pieces on this roster i wonder what a offseason to hit the reset button and to start next season fresh with Hart in the crease can do.

They don’t need to hit the reset button.  They need to add a piece or two really just one and just go be coached decently and they will Be a GREAT team.  

At at this point, adding that piece just got harder.  

Archived