Wild Trade deadline day

Jimtown guy

Carolina? Can we have Nino? Oh. No givebacks. Zuckers ' game is speed and a sniper shot. Still has wheels but Parise is usually Wild's shot leader. Speaking of givebacks how about ZUCK for TUCH. We lost two big boys in Nino and Coyle.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Nino was slumping big time and Coyle wasn't anything special -  Granny's our best scorer for the past two seasons. If you don't bargain a good value out of your best asset, why do you even trade him? Why do you trade him? He has a very workable contract too so I understand why other teams are after him but why the hell would Fenton sell him so cheap... my god.

Good news for some probably is that for me that might be the the last straw...

Nino for sure was slumping but he did prove that isn't usually him and he's better then that. Coyle was Coyle. Nothing special but was at least a proven 30+ point scorer a season who we trade for a guy, that well looking good now, that got sent to the AHL with no real history.

Reason why I think Granlund gets traded? To start the rebuild into Fentons idea. Factor in that Granlund will need to be resigned soon and he will command more money and money isn't exactly the Wild have a ton of play with I can see him going. I don't like it either.

18 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

Nino for sure was slumping but he did prove that isn't usually him and he's better then that. Coyle was Coyle. Nothing special but was at least a proven 30+ point scorer a season who we trade for a guy, that well looking good now, that got sent to the AHL with no real history.

Reason why I think Granlund gets traded? To start the rebuild into Fentons idea. Factor in that Granlund will need to be resigned soon and he will command more money and money isn't exactly the Wild have a ton of play with I can see him going. I don't like it either.

While Granlund is probably getting a raise, Koivus contract ends at the same time. And I don't think he gets a new one, especially if next season production ends up worse due to his knee surgery. He's old and his knee might not recover.

56 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Sounds like nashville wants granlund as a center. I guess we know why they switched him from wing to center.

As far as trading brodin or spurgeon, why not give them a chance at a cup, they won't get it here.

Build around Dumba, Greenway, kunin, the russian goalie in Iowa and the russian in russia and the best new kids drafted in the next 3 years.

I hope fenton can space out some of the draft picks recieved to span 3 drafts.

I sincerely doubt they need him at center, with Johansen, Turris and Bonino occupying the 1-3 center slots.

They're lacking on RW though; Arvidsson is entering his twilight years and Craig Smith is on IR. Rest of their RWs aren't top-6 material.

The Nashville Predators have acquired forward Mikael Granlund from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for forward Kevin Fiala.

Fiala is a pending restricted free agent and has 10 goals and 22 assists in 64 games for the Predators this season.

Just now, MNfootie said:

Really hope we got a or some picks along with it, otherwise I'm very meh on a 1-for-1 here.

So far it's a one for one. Not shocked. I kind of expect we would have to send a draft pick too as the Wild seem to get fleeced easily.

Just now, EJ0226 said:

So far it's a one for one. Not shocked. I kind of expect we would have to send a draft pick too as the Wild seem to get fleeced easily.

I'm not really shocked either, just wish we would've gotten a little more - we need picks and rebuild the farm system, badly. But here's hoping we aren't done selling for the day. Can't get rid of what we need to (suter/koivu/parise), but if we can start the rebuild ball rolling... that'd be good.

If Fenton's goal was simply to reduce payroll he's done great.   As far as value: Nino >>> Rask, Coyle >>Ted Drury's kid (probably more like >>>), MiG>>>>Fiala.  Three very sucky trades IMO!  Three horrible trades for the Wild!

The whole idea behind a Fire Sale is to get Picks or young prospects, not give quality players away for youngish journeymen.

And now the Wild are sliding back to the wimpy, non-physical team that gets out-muscled all the time, too.

Maybe Fenton tried hard to move Zucker to also reduce Cap and just couldn't do it. He could've got at least someone like he did for Granlund. He has time to deal Zucker as part of a bigger FA deal this summer...I don't know at this point.

Was Fenton so afraid of Granlund getting Zucker like $ or better on his next contract?? He should've tried harder with Zucker then.

No picks for Granlund is beyond ridiculous.

Now Fenton will be judged by how he does this summer with finding some FA's to fill a lot of needed spaces. 

Save some money but get no draft picks for trying to build to the future. Instead get a bunch of journeymen for guys that have shown to be good players but having a struggle or in Granlunds case probably our most consistent scorer on the team for a guy who wrecked his leg and has never looked the same since.

But on the bright side we help improve a divisional rival! Anybody tell Leipold he doesn't own Nashville anymore and Fenton he doesn't work for them anymore either? Should have gotten at least a draft pick with Fiala for Granlund. Once again the Wild got ripped off.

are we back to dumpster diving Fenton is a idiot send him back to Nashville but hey on the bright side we are going to bring in Modo. Norm and Ruppert and Charles are coming too 

Just now, Bear said:

are we back to dumpster diving Fenton is a idiot send him back to Nashville but hey on the bright side we are going to bring in Modo. Norm and Ruppert and Charles are coming too 

All about dumping salary. They weren’t going to resign Granlund for over 7 mil

a year. I have no problem with this trade 

I am saddened and underwhelmed by the Granlund return.....however, I also was underwhelmed by the Coyle return, and Donato is, at least at first, showing that all he really needed was a regular role on an NHL team.

I am hoping Fiala does the same... 4 years younger than Granlund, but not used in big spots by the Preds...he SHOULD get a bigger role and responsibilities with the Wild.

I agree picks should have come back, or maybe an almost NHL ready player to go along with Fiala back for Granny, but since it is what it is, I just hope Fiala takes the ball and runs with it like Donato has done so far.

Not too upset about the trade just a little frustrated as it seems like we could have gotten more even if it would have been just a draft pick or a middling prospect. But it is what it is and it does free up cap space.

2 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Reason why I think Granlund gets traded? To start the rebuild into Fentons idea.

You got it right, EJ! 👍

Not in a million years would the thought have crossed my mind we'd find an even worse GM after CF.

And we did. That's the Wild.

An extension to KOIVU...

"We only need a few tweaks" yeah, like trade your best scorer you t*** CL...

In August BB: "our back up goalie plays more this season", in February: Dubnyk's "the guy"...

In exchange for THREE 1st round picks we get Rask, Donato and Fiala...

The FORMER team I rooted for...

Archived